Do You

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
Sleep with a fan on?
July 23rd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Yep definitely do, I need the noise from it

July 23rd, 2009, 08:06 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have three fans going in our room. it is always hot in here, evn with the AC as low as it will go

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 23rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG I thought that DH was the only person on the planet who can't sleep without the fan running due to needing the noise. We have a fan running at night and I am okay with it after talking with the doctor and being reassured that having Katie sleeping in the room with us won't cause her harm so long as the fan isn't blowing straight on her.

July 23rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
yes in the window right now because we dont have an a/c

July 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Always, even in the dead of winter. We need it for the noise. I have one in the kids' room, too. Wyatt can't sleep without the noise either. Even right now while he's taking a nap, the fan is on.

July 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yup, we have a really nice ceiling fan that gives off and awesome breeze with no noise!
July 23rd, 2009, 12:10 PM
beth there was just a post in my DDC that fans significantly help reduce SIDS. I asked my midwife about it at my appt tuesday and she said it is absolutely true! She said a lot of newborns stop breathing because they get too warm and forget to breathe which leads to SIDs. Also, having the fan on oscilate *sp* helps because it keeps the co2 we breath out moving

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
July 23rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
beth there was just a post in my DDC that fans significantly help reduce SIDS. I asked my midwife about it at my appt tuesday and she said it is absolutely true! She said a lot of newborns stop breathing because they get too warm and forget to breathe which leads to SIDs. Also, having the fan on oscilate *sp* helps because it keeps the co2 we breath out moving

I wonder since people recommend not using bumpers on a crib, I am wondering if you can use the padded bumpers in the crib bedding sets and have the fan on if this will help reduce SIDS... I have read that the fabric bumpers can cause SIDS... you get what I am saying... i think I confused me self....
July 24th, 2009, 05:57 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
We used to use a fan, but now just occasionally I'll leave the ceiling fan on.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
July 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM
medic they rec. not using bumpers because baby can get her face stuck in them and not move away thus causing suffocation. they rec. if you wana use a bumper to get the ventillated ones (they are mesh). i plan on using a bumper (not the one that came with our bedding set simply because the ribbon is too short to fit around our crib) because we got a thing for her to lay in that prevents her from being able to roll over as a small fry and then i figure once she is big enough to move out of it, i would rather have a vented bumper than wake up to her screaming because she got her leg stuck in between the crib rails or something!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search