Pregnant? Do yourself a favor..

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If at all possible, don't do what I did.. Don't give in to the temptation to sit around and do nothing all day. I know most of you probably have lives, or kids already, but I didn't. I'm 2.5 weeks PP, and I had a C-section.. I ache everywhere.. I feel like because I did basically NOTHING during my pregnancy, it's making my healing process a little bit slower... I was out of shape to begin with, but it feels like it's just gotten worse and worse...

Walk your butt off... do SOMETHING.. I feel like CRAP!!

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox
March 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the advice. I was just trying to convince myself to do some prenatal pilates, and you motivated me to do so!
I really hope you feel better soon! Take your little one out for some walks during the day. They say even three ten minute walks can really help your body begin to recover.
Best of luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.
Marina

Added: WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!
March 8th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
It isn't only that hon.. A c section is consider a major surgery. And that in itself takes alot out of a body. I have had one with all my previous pregnancies.. And each one had the same end result... With Walker I was very active.. I worked up until the Monday before I had him.. I walked in the morning and evening.. And I still ached... With Braxton I was a bit lax... And the results were the same... It is said that yes vaginal births are painful... But a c section birth takes a woman alot longer to heal due to them cutting through all your muscle... I know from the past that I will be in just as much pain after I have her as I was with the boys... I will again have to sleep the first few weeks in the recliner..
March 11th, 2006, 12:08 AM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
thanx for the advice and congrats your baby is adorable!~!! but dont beat yourself up too much. having a c section sucks. i felt fine pp, but i was so soar. how can you want to do anything after being cut open? i felt like crap as well physically. i was wanting to get up and go but couldnt because of the c section. so just take it easy. in about 4 weeks you'll start to feel better

March 11th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Regular
Every experience is different though. I had a c-section with my first after 23 hrs of heavy labor and for weeks after was sore, couldn't lay flat and had trouble with simple activity around the house. After that I tried everything to not have a c-section with my second baby. I worked out at the gym even before I was pregnant and continued walking until the day I had to have a c-section again. This time we knew that he was too big and I didn't have to try labor first. I was sore and used what was basically extra strength ibuprofen, but after I got out of the hospital and was at home I didn't have problems at all. I don't think that I even used all of the ibuprofen that they gave me. I was so scared of the c-section the second time around, but I did all I could, many people prayed for me, and I had a lot better support system. This was a blessing and for my next I'm not nearly as scared.
March 16th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Deena's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's good to know that even if I'd done 'stuff' before having the baby that I'd probably still feel this way! There's a thread in my DDC too about achiness after having the baby, so I guess I'm not the only one. It's starting to get nice out now, so I'll definitely be taking those walks! This time of year is so refreshing.. I love spring!!! Thanks for the replies girlies

Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search