Everyone Check In!!!

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue Canada
How is everyone doing? Is anything exciting happening in anyone's life? Does anyone need support for anything? Just thought we could start a thread where everyone could check in about what's going on in their lives at this point!!!

I'll check in too...after a couple posts from you marvelous ladies!

Melissa

March 24th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Just waiting patiently for our little diva to make her appearence.. I have a little over a week if nothing goes wrong.. If something goes wrong it may be sooner.. maybe in a few days
March 25th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Just started metformin recently. We are TTC our 4th. Dr. wants me to go on clomid but we agreed if I haven't gotten pg by June, we would take it then. Right now I am waiting for AF after M/C. I am on my 2nd round of provera to get AF. Still no luck
Since being diagnosed with PCOS, I have been determined to change my diet, exercise more. It is hard but well worth it!

March 25th, 2006, 05:03 AM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
just waiting to pop this baby out. i've been taking it easy. i have been walking alot! today i did 15 minutes of ligth cardio and stretched for another 10 minutes and i felt so great after wards. i got a second wind. i love the days that i have bursts of energy, but then dred the ones wehre i feel like i cant even get out of bed.

on the days i have tons of energy, i find myself rearranging the linen closets, folding all of babies clothes nice and perfect, and then rearranging DD's closet, just getting everything nice and super ready. then there are the days where i feel like saying to my 2 year old DD, " PLEASE CHANGE YOUR OWN DIAPER, GIVE YOURSELF A BATH AND MAKE US LUNCH" lol

March 25th, 2006, 05:57 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
Just relaxing and waiting. Of course, I've got a lot longer than some of you.

I'm down about my weight - I'm now at the point where I am the heaviest I have ever been. I realize I am pregnant and I need to gain weight, but it still sucks. I gained 4 pounds at my last appointment. That is only a pound a week, and my doctor hasn't said anything about my weight gain, so I assume I am in the normal range.

It is just REALLY hard to get on the scale and watch it go up and up. I need to exercise more and drink more water. It's amazing- I know EXACTLY what I have to do to make sure I don't gain extra fat weight, and only gain baby weight, but our house is filled with crap. I'm getting rid of it though.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Thanks Typical Heroine!!

March 25th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm 16 weeks today, which I'm thrilled about. DH and I are going to Washington DC for the weekend (we're about 2 hours away) because my birthday is on Tuesday. I'm turning 31 which is a little depressing, but that's ok. I'm trying to take advantage of my 2nd trimester as much as possible!

March 25th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue Canada
Me..I'm just counting down the weeks till I officially start maternity leave....TEN...just TEN more weeks and I am off for a year!! I am working the next five evenings in a row..and that's frustrating cus I'm sooo tired when I work till 1130 pm...We found out it was a boy last weekend..and we have been thrilled...I just want to shop and shop but I'm trying to save money for when I Am on maternity leave! At least Ifound out this week that I am getting an 800 pay bonus on Tuesday! That's exciting!!

Melissa

March 26th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Quote:
I'm 16 weeks today, which I'm thrilled about. DH and I are going to Washington DC for the weekend (we're about 2 hours away) because my birthday is on Tuesday. I'm turning 31 which is a little depressing, but that's ok. I'm trying to take advantage of my 2nd trimester as much as possible![/b]
Where do you live? I live about an hour south of DC in Virginia. Are you going for the Cherry Blossom Festival? That should be fun!!

Thanks Typical Heroine!!

March 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I'm 16 weeks today, which I'm thrilled about. DH and I are going to Washington DC for the weekend (we're about 2 hours away) because my birthday is on Tuesday. I'm turning 31 which is a little depressing, but that's ok. I'm trying to take advantage of my 2nd trimester as much as possible![/b]
Where do you live? I live about an hour south of DC in Virginia. Are you going for the Cherry Blossom Festival? That should be fun!!
[/b]
I live in Charlottesville! We didn't really make it for the festival but did some other fun stuff. It was a nice weekend.

March 26th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I live in Charlottesville! We didn't really make it for the festival but did some other fun stuff. It was a nice weekend.
[/b]
Oh cool! I live in Fredericksburg, so not too far away from you. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Thanks Typical Heroine!!

March 27th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
I'm just plugging along, watching the days tick by on my calendar. lol! I've got my eyes set on April. My next doctor's appointment and our repeat ultrasound are in April. I want to know whether this little munchkin is a boy or a girl!!

Hubby and I are also going to Zurich for 5 days in April! And we're going to start putting together the nursery.

C'mon April!

March 27th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Rachael1983's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Rachael1983 Send a message via Yahoo to Rachael1983
yeah well i'm just getting to work good this morning...blah! it's very cool outside and i sure could have stayed at home in my warm bed since brent is home this week! but hey, my boss is off today and tomorrow so i get off an hour early so i won't complain too much. i've been eating like a cow lately and still not gaining weight, just my two pounds after having lost 15, and my doc is starting to fuss at me cuz i'm not gaining. there is nothing else for me to do because i eat too much now! well, i'll shutup for a while and give someone else a turn. later girls!
March 27th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Veteran
Hi everyone!

I am scheduled for a 3-D ultrasound on April 17th - so getting excited, yet feeling a bit aprehensive about the findings. I kid you not. When I was pregnant with my son (I was 28) - I just didn't think about "not having a healthy baby" - now I haven't been told otherwise yet - but I guess it comes with the age and being overweight - the high-risk factors are stacked against me. At my last doctor's appt. I found out through a blood test that I am a cystic fibrosis "carrier" - my doctor wants hubby to be tested to see if he is a "carrier" too. If he is, this means our child will have a higher chance of having CF. - I am so nervous and sick to my stomach. Provided this is something I was born with (being a CF carrier) and we have one healthy child - that means NOTHING. Meaning each pregnancy is different. If hubby is not a CF carrier - then WHEW - we have jumped that milestone. I know that I am not doing myself or my baby any good by worrying but it is very difficult. I could use some tips in how you are dealing with the "stress" and worry of something going terribly wrong.

Thanks!

March 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Lynettesmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynettesmommy
OK I am going to reply but you ladies probably dont remember me because I havent been on in a long time. My computer broke and I can only get on at school. anyways I am loosing weight, all I am doing is counting calories. Its not hard at all. I let my self have 1400 a day and I have only gone over once so faw ( i have been doing it for a little over a week) I have lost 6 lbs. I live snacks so I bought thise 100 calorie snack packs and the new special K snack packs they are really good. Ohh I have also stoped drinking soda (even diet) I might have one a week. My DD is getting way to big she is 4 months now. It still feels like yesterday that I was still preggo. Anyways Ill talk to you all ladies later. Good luck with everything everyone is doing.
March 30th, 2006, 05:48 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Our health insurance just got turned on!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! I can finally schedule my u/s appt and get my $400 worth of blood work done too! My next doctors appt is April 4th and I am 24 weeks today. I think that is all the recent news!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

April 1st, 2006, 07:29 PM
carlyhan's Avatar Member
I'm just happy to have made it to this point. I've been kind of freaking out ever since I found out that I was having twins. I went from worrying about gaining too much weight to worrying about gaining enough, which is really odd. I'm nervous about preterm labor, but I have to wonder if being a little bigger might actually be a blessing right now... I'm 6'0 tall and pre-preg size 18, so my boys have a lot of room to wiggle... bake, babies, bake!

Mommy to Robert Thomas and Russell John, born May 4, 2006 at 28 weeks 2 days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search