Anyone read .....

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to svantassell
the article in either American baby or parents magazine about being overweight and pregnant? I have never read anything so negative against being heavy and pregnant. Yes we all know that being heavier puts you at more risks for health problems, but the writer made it seem that we're all doomed to have some issue and not a healthy pregnancy and baby. I'm sorry but I overweight yes and healthy have not had any health issues arise from either my pregnancy or being overweight. I have seen plenty of average weight people get GD and high blood pressure, so why dont they have articles written about them? How are you all doing with your pregnancy, I'm sure that there are plenty of us out there that can and have proven this article wrong!
March 25th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Is it the most recent issue? I just got it in the mail the other day but haven't looked at it yet.

March 25th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Bubbasmom's Avatar Member
No I have not read the article, but I have done some research on the 'net, and I have read things to the effect that being overweight guarantees pregnancy problems. Oh, I'm not pregnant, my son is over 2.5 years, but when I was pregnant: In spite of being overweight I had a very normal pregnancy. The nurses couldn't believe my blood pressure was so good. My blood sugar held out also. So I'm here to tell you being overweight does NOT guarantee problems, just as not being overweight does not guarantee no problems. I'm heavier now, unfortunately. So I am a little hesitant to get pregnant again, don't want to push my luck.

Some people aren't very understanding. Luckily, my doctors never made any negative comments about my weight during my pregnancy. They just told me to try not to gain more than 15 pounds. I didn't tell them that for some reason I had already gained 15 pounds before I even went to the doctor for the first time. (That was my first sign that something was up, my pants got tight, and I hadn't gained weight for a couple of years.)
March 25th, 2006, 04:59 AM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
its funny, b.c although i did get GD with my DD at 37 weeks, it was automatically blammed on my weight, not the other factors that every woman in my family thin or thick, had gd while pregnant, including my 5'2 120 pound grandma, and the fact that im hispanic. nope it was automatically the fact that i was overweight. funny huh?

this time i took my 1 hour test and i was a couple points higher than i should have been. i check my blood sugar regularly, and its been fine. i've been working really hard to have a great pregnancy, and so far, besides my dr being a total #$#$#, im proud of myself.

i have never had high BP at all. and my doctor always seems so shocked. yes i am overweight, im aware of this miss doctor, now shut up about it lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search