For those who already have kids....

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue Canada
I'm curious to know for those that already have kids...if you had an easy or difficult labor..if you had a difficult labor did you feel this had anything to do with being overweight pre-pregnancy?

Melissa

March 28th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Veteran
I was around 210 when I got pregnant with my son. I delivered at 232. I wouldn't say I had a difficult labor - it was looong - about 18 hours from start to finish. I didn't exercise - and I feel that I would have had an easier time if I had exercised more. I am heavier pre-pregnancy this time around so I need to get my booo-taaaa movin'.

March 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
mom to soon to be 4 GIRLS
I was 200 when I got pg with my daughter. I delivered at 265. I was induced 2 days after my edd (never knew my LMP went by u/s dates). But Jessica didn't come out until 34 hrs after that. I believe I had a difficult time because she wasn't ready to come out yet... I feel if I had waited, then I would've had a quicker labor.

I started this pg off heavier than 200 lbs. But as of now I'm still under my pre preg weight.

March 28th, 2006, 11:52 AM
gtsscott's Avatar Veteran
I don't think weight matter hen it comes to dleivery.

My first was 22 hours and 1 day late and i used gas and had pethidine at the end.

My second was 5 days late so had an induction which had her here in 7 hours and I used no pain relief.

I doubt size has anything to do with it, the vagina/cervix is that same size in women but maybe larger in bigger boned women with wider hip structures.

Use breathing techniques, these really helped me alot, so much that I am not having any pain relief with this one either, just controlled breathing.

Alot of it depends too on what you do while your in labour, if you stay mobile and can walk and helps bub to descend, use the big ball and sit on it in a left to right rocking motion helps too.

Hope this helps

March 28th, 2006, 11:11 PM
nlp32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think weight has anything to do with it eaither. I've only been in true labor once, it lasted over 30 hours and I was barely at a 5, but that is because HIS head was too big to fit through my bones. I eneded up having a c-section with him and repeats with the other two (c-sec date April 22, 2006). Walking, at least, does help a lot with the discomforts of pregnancy. I was pretty lazy with my first and walked a lot with my second, and not so much with this one and my second pregnancy was the easiest. Don't worry too much about it, your body has a way of knowing what it's doing.

Niki Mommy to three beautiful boys and an angel; April 2001
<div align="center"></div>
March 30th, 2006, 08:33 AM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to have a c-section because my son was breech. However, I had to go in two days earlier than the scheduled c-section date. he was supposed to be born the morning of December 18th and I went into the hospital 11pm on December 15th because I went into labor. When the doctor checked me I was almost fully effaced and I dialted to 4cm. I really wish he was head down because I feel I would have done very well with a vaginal birth. I wasnt in pain it just was annoying. Everything was so annoying and I was yelling at poor DH for the stupidest things.

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search