anyone else?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Rachael1983's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Rachael1983 Send a message via Yahoo to Rachael1983
i got a call yesterday from my doc's office saying my glucose was high from my one hour, so now i have to go back saturday and have the three hour done. anyone else going through this? i'm not sure what to expect now.
March 28th, 2006, 04:31 PM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
my 1 hour was 113, so im going back tomorrow morning for my 3 hour. uh i thoguht i beat the GD this time around i worked so darn hard. oh well, they want to schedual a c section (even though i want a vbac) so i'll prob have the baby really soon anyhow.

if took your 1 hour and your BS was really high and you fasted before taking the test, most likely you'll fail the 3 hour. sorry to break it to ya. but good luck.

March 28th, 2006, 11:03 PM
nlp32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You never know tho, I haven't failed any of my GD tests, but my sister in law failed her 1 hour bad! We were sure she would fail the 3 hour and she passed with flying colors! So don't give up hope, you never know what can happen.

Niki Mommy to three beautiful boys and an angel; April 2001
<div align="center"></div>
March 29th, 2006, 03:00 AM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
You never know tho, I haven't failed any of my GD tests, but my sister in law failed her 1 hour bad! We were sure she would fail the 3 hour and she passed with flying colors! So don't give up hope, you never know what can happen. [/b]

aww now i feel like negative nancy. lol i hope everyone passes, i hope i do too. i've worked so hard but i wont blame myself this time if it comes back. last time i ate too many treats.

March 29th, 2006, 10:12 AM
i hope i pass mine. my doc's nurse was scaring me a bit when she said 147 was waaay high and i might have to just jump straight to insulin injections. i was depressed all day yesterday just worrying about it. i'm hoping things go better saturday! thanks guys.
March 29th, 2006, 03:37 PM
bunnershunny's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i hope i pass mine. my doc's nurse was scaring me a bit when she said 147 was waaay high and i might have to just jump straight to insulin injections. i was depressed all day yesterday just worrying about it. i'm hoping things go better saturday! thanks guys.[/b]
That's weird. I was diagnosed with GD at 24 wks. My 1hr score was 160 if I remember correctly. And I've been able to manage my GD with diet alone. My OB is actually treating me as a "normal" pregnancy, because my blood sugar has been under control so well.

And keep in mind, something like 80-90% of the women who fail their 1hr test pass the 3hr test, so you've still got a good chance not to have it!

Good luck!

</div>
March 30th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue Canada
I haven't failed mine yet...but I'm really nervous about taking the test next Friday! Sorry to hear you ladies didn't pass...I hope to heck I pass mine but something tells me I won't....sigh

Melissa

March 30th, 2006, 08:09 AM
i'm still keeping my hopes up. my mom told me the same thing--maybe it was just something that day. hopefully come saturday morning all will be good and i'll pass.
March 30th, 2006, 08:22 AM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My doc decided to test me early in pregnancy instead of waiting until later. I want a VBAC and he thought this would be a good way to prevent GD now instead of trying to correct it later.
My 1 hour came back at 170. I decided to skip the 3 hour and go straight to the dietian and do the finger pokes, etc. Now I am not so sure I have GD. My fasting blood sugar is always below 80 and my post breakfast, lunch, dinner blood sugar levels have all been under 120. So I wonder if stress was the reason my level was high at my one hour test.
I really dont mind monitoring my blood sugar though because now I can make sure I do my best not to have a big baby and give myself a chance for a vbac.
Chances are that my blood sugar may get worst the further along I get in pregnancy anyhow so this to me is a pretty good way of making sure I can control it.
GL with the 3 hour!

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013
April 2nd, 2006, 05:31 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Mine is coming up too - and I so hope I pass the 1 hour. I don't think I would be able to give myself injections and DH hates needles.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

April 3rd, 2006, 10:28 AM
well i had my three hour on saturday. can i tell you ladies that it wasn't pleasant! the sugar drink was on the lines of tasting like flat sprite, with added salt and about as thick as karo syrup. after i got it down it was no problem. no i just hafta wait until i get the results which probly won't be until my appointment on thursday so i'm prayin it comes back alright!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search