My dh told me

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH and I were having a heated talk the other night and he told me that he really wishes that I could lose some weight after I have the baby. He said that in the time that we have been married I have put on some weight and he is worried about my " health" .

I have worked so hard not to gain a lot of weight with this pregnancy then he pops up with that! I remember the night we got married he told me that he will love me no matter what even if he has to make the doors bigger..... I am NOT that Big!!!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
April 9th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That was very wrong what your DH said to you. I would bring it up to him what he said to you when you got married. Also tell him how would he like it if you said something about his weight. I'm sorry but i can't stand when men do that to us and half of the time they don't look great themselves. I am 80 pounds heavier than when my DH met me. He has never said anything to me. If he did i would try to find something that doesn't look great on him and point it out. I am sorry he said that to you and like i said you need to talk to him about it. Good luck!

Snowball Fight 2006- I've been hit 9 times!
Thank you Meighan for the siggy!

I've lost 4lbs!!
April 9th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue Canada
Wow, that must have been heartbreaking for you Sandy...sorry your DH made those comments..I know I would be peeved if Mike ever said anything to me like that.....hugs....

Melissa

April 9th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Stacia
I'm sorry your DH said that to you. Men just don't think before they speak!! I man should NEVER EVER bring up the subject of weight with a pregnant woman!
April 9th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Well I thought that I was doing good only gaining 4# at this stage in my pregnancy because I had decied that I wanted to lose weight for me NOT HIM and then he tell sme this. So much for me watching what I eat I will eat anything that I want.

At least I am not so skinny that the wind would blow me away~! Like a husband I know!!!!

April 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Veteran
Oh Sandy - sorry your DH said that. I would feel terrible if my hubby said that too. (((hugs))) -

April 10th, 2006, 01:54 PM
ca_mommie's Avatar Super Mommy
sorry to hear that .. i would also freak out if my hubby said that.
April 10th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Stacia
Quote:
Well I thought that I was doing good only gaining 4# at this stage in my pregnancy because I had decied that I wanted to lose weight for me NOT HIM and then he tell sme this. So much for me watching what I eat I will eat anything that I want.

At least I am not so skinny that the wind would blow me away~! Like a husband I know!!!![/b]
My ex was very similar. He used to have a go at me about my weight and he was a twig. He once told me that he wasn't attracted to me because of my size (I was a 16). I came right back with I wasn't attracted to him because of his!
April 11th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to cwatson Send a message via Yahoo to cwatson
Sandy... o my goodness... I'm so sorry to hear that on top of all the other crap he is putting you through he is topping it off with this crap!

I swear your DH needs to take a flying leap off of a tree stump (I don't want him dead... just hurt a little!(sorry that's probably the hormones))

I feel horrible that you are forced to go through all his crap while pregnant with his child! Curse him for being so mean to such a wonderful, strong, beautiful pregnant lady!!

that's all that I have that I can give you... I do hope things get better with him soon! Or he gets out!

Sorry if I stepped on your toes with my little speech...

~Carol

April 11th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks everyone. He later told me that he was sorry and he was just worried about my health.... yea right. He said that he was just mad because I was fussing at him and he wanted to say something to hurt me and that is all he could come up with......DUH I do EVERYTHING!!!!

April 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ya know what.. sometimes i think this is why i am single... im sorry but i dont have a really good thing to reply to this, as it makes me sooooo angry. just hang in there and try to ignore it

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search