I have done it

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2006, 08:17 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I quit smoking... and yes yes i know... iyts a little late. however, since my doc thinks i am safe enough to avoid my body aborting due to withdrawls he said go ahead and try...

so... this is it.. three days into it..

I didnt get much support from my DDC, well most of them were actually.. a couple werent...

so i am posting here as well.. i figure all the GOOD support i can get is best..

i have gotten over the panic part and now im actually doing better... i can feel that my breathing is better just after a few days. its amazing.

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
April 11th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Stacia
Congratulations!!!!!! It is not east giving up the ciggies. I quit on Feburary 6th, also gave up alcohol and caffine that day. It was the day I found out I was pregnant. I have gotten to the stage that I can not stand the smell of ciggarette smoke and have no plans to take it up again.

After a week you'll notice so much of a difference in your breathing, after two weeks you're skin will start looking better. The first two weeks are the hardest, it is smooth sailing from there.
April 12th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608

You can do it!!!!

April 12th, 2006, 03:07 AM
feohgoddess's Avatar Super Mommy
aw hon congrats! im sorry you arent getting the support from other places you were looking for. i quit smoking too when i found out i was pregnant. it is very very hard. dont worry. its better now than never. just keep at it. you can do it!! if I can do it i know you def. can too!!!!!

April 12th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! It is so hard. I quit when we decided to TTC, but it wasn't cold turkey by any means. You should feel proud of yourself. Also think about your baby whenever you want a cigarette, it may help to steer you away.

You rock!

April 12th, 2006, 04:58 AM
thats what im doing. i was prettry much fed up with the cravings and the hold it had over me... so i just said.. NO.. i decided no more.. so i spent all the money i had so i couldnt even be tempted.

[IMG]
April 12th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!! BIG CONGRATS! to you!

April 12th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Veteran
Congratulations - it is a hard thing to do - but your baby and health is worth it. I smoked too well into the first few months of my first pregnacy - and when I went into pre-term labor at 6 months - I gave it up. It scared me so bad that I don't remember the withdrawals. It's been 10 years and haven't picked another one of those things up again. ((((hugs)))) and wishing you a smooth process.

April 12th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to cwatson Send a message via Yahoo to cwatson
I quit when I found out I was pregnant... it was hard but I had quit before... I can't stand it now!!! We are all very proud of you!!!

Here's to a ciggy free life!!!

~Carol

April 12th, 2006, 01:00 PM
kistal1027's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You go girl!!

I quit smoking about a week after I found out I was PG! It was tough, but if you just take it craving by craving it's so much easier. Every time you want one, just will yourself through that craving and before you know it, it'll be long gone!!

Oh, I found a cool website that keeps me motivated too...it's called quitmeter.com. You can put in the day you quit, how many you smoked a day and how much a pack costs. Then it will keep track of how long, how many you haven't smoked and how much money you've saved...a portion of it is in my siggie...the whole thing wouldn't fit...it's a HUGE motivator though. I love to see the numbers increase everyday!!

Good luck to you!! You can do it!

Forever missing our Angels: 7/05 & 5/08
April 12th, 2006, 01:00 PM
dontrellzmommii's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to dontrellzmommii Send a message via MSN to dontrellzmommii Send a message via Yahoo to dontrellzmommii
Congratz You should be VERY VERY proud of yourself..good job
April 12th, 2006, 06:31 PM
TY everyone. i like positive motivation. I dfidnt have ANY today. i am very proud.

[IMG]
April 12th, 2006, 07:31 PM
mom to soon to be 4 GIRLS
Thats great that you quit It's better late than never, right??

I quit when I found out I was pg.. I haven't smoked since I got my bfp. It has been incredibly hard, but so worth it!! I won't lie, at times I want a cigarette sooo bad. But I don't cave

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search