Been Lurking but now need some help....

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2006, 12:04 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi all,

First a little background info. I'm 22yrs of age, 15 weeks along with number one, suffer from PCOS and am about 30ish pounds (i guess i don't weigh myself) over where I want to be.

I've noticed in the last week or so that my left and left foot seem to be swelling quite a bit. I also noticed today that the same seems to be happening around my thighs, and bottom. Enough so that pants that fit there last week no longer fit.

Is this normal? I have 'issues' about my body and am very concerned about this. I have been eating healthy and drinking plenty of water as well as going on my daily 40 min walk, so I am at a real loss as to what is going on. Its enough to make me cry actually. I've been trying so hard to make sure that I don't gain too much and am now very upset. As I have PCOS I tend also to worry that I won't loss what I gain. As I said I'm not tiny, far from it, but I don't want to end up any bigger than I am. I'm only 5'4 and at about 160 I really don't want to be any bigger.

Mellie

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 12th, 2006, 07:47 AM
cinfy's Avatar Cool Chick
I don't know exactly when my feet started to swell, but it was probably around how far along you are now. My hands are also swelling - I have to change the hole my watch band is on now.

The change to your pants is your growing belly!! I've noticed that my butt has gotten a little bigger, but it is mostly my belly. I bought some stretch pants one size up - no more buttoned pants- and that helps. That way you have more room to grow in the pants before you need new ones.

If you are concerned that maybe you are growing too fast, just check with your OB. It all sounds normal to me, but your OB knows best.

April 18th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to huntersmom31504
I also have PCOS no fun at all i know but, you will lose the weight. my first son i gained 108lbs bedrest played a factor in some of that but, find that i gain weight even with not eating like a crazy lady. its frustratign. i'm 5' 3/4 so not even 5' 1 so far with this pg i have gaine 35 pounds but, i had been on weight watchers the last 2 years and lost 124 pounds so not sure if its going from counting everything i put in my mouth to not counting that caused the big gain i'm 18 weeks along but, i have a hrd time finding clothes that fit me glad this is a summer baby and that when i deliver in sept it will still be really warm here so i can get a way with knit stretchy shorts but, i have problems with my thighs i know its frustrating. I wish i had some answers for you but, i think its part of pcos to have trouble with the weight gain and where you put it on at and your growing belly definitely changes the way your clothes fit. Just keep thinking bout that amazing miracle you have growing inside of you and try not to over focus on the weight if you are really concerned talk to your dr they may be able to set you up a nutrition plan . BIG HUGS
angie

</a>

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8zcoKR/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

April 18th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue à Canada
If you have concerns about water retention and swelling this early on in pregnancy I would talk to your doctor about this..on the flip side...I would suggest maintaining your healthy eating habits and walking routine..but try to let go of the idea that you won't gain any weight during your pregnancy...I felt like you did in the beginning and my doctor encouraged me to let go of fears and anxiety about weight gain....stress is not good for your pregnancy..for you or the baby...I suggest doing your best to be healthy....and if you gain a little weight...you will know that its for the baby....

Melissa

April 21st, 2006, 02:07 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
First of all, my SIL has PCOS and she was a lot heavier than you are now with her last pregnancy and she lost it all (and more) again after she had the baby. So I am sure you will too.

Secondly, have you tried elevation? You might want to bring it up to your doctor if it doesn't go away soon.

Best of luck! Take it easy and keep us updated!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search