New + sized mommy

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Send a message via AIM to Emily_G
Hello all, New plus sized mommy I'd like to lose weight after baby is born, but always want to be "plus sized"
April 6th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and Congratulations! I'm just behind you, due at the end of June!

I'll always be plus sized...but I'm definitely hitting the diet train when baby baking is done!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

April 6th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Shockandawe

I am about 306 right now, started my pregnancy at 300 so I am very pleased with the amount of weight I've gained!!!! I'm only supposed to gain 5-10lbs Yay! My goal weight is 200lbs, maybe I will get there someday! I think for me that would be perfect, I would still be chunky, but a sexier chunky!
April 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome Emily!!

I'm Emma (26), I have Gabrielle (3) & am due in June (like you, I see!) with princess #2 - Emersyn. I have always been plus sized, and imagine I always will be, but I would like to lose a decent amount of weight, once Emmy has arrived

April 7th, 2010, 08:55 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome! I'm Chelsea (22) married to Sam (25) and momma to Brylie (08.08.09) and planning another IUI for the end of this year in hopes of another little girl

I used to be very thin and gained tons of weight after my mom died. I would like to get down to about a size 10 or so (I'm between 14-16 now). I have PCOS with IR so it makes things difficult

I can't wait to get to know you and enjoy your pregnancy!!!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 7th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome!

I am Liz (30), married to Patrick (39) and mom to Stella (17mo).I have been plus sized my entire life. I am currently trying to lose weight since Dh and I want to TTC starting in July/August.
I am not here to often, but am going to try to make more of an effort to check in from time to time. This is a great group of ladies!

April 7th, 2010, 10:39 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Michele (25) and DH is Bobby (24). We are expecting our first little boy in July!

I have always been plus-sized. I weighed 305 at my heaviest and I managed to get down to 185 in less than a year, which is where I started this pregnancy. I'm up to almost 220 already But I'm hoping to start losing again after I have this baby. You can definitely get down to 200 if you want! Looks like there are a few of us who will be going back to trying to lose after our babies are here this summer!

April 7th, 2010, 06:29 PM
crazichickey's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to crazichickey
Hi there! I am Billie (33) and DBF is Bryan (38) and I am expecting my first on 8/18/10. We are having a girl we are going to name Samantha Grace. DBF has a 11 year old daughter that lives with us full time. She is excited to be a big sister.

April 8th, 2010, 10:22 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Hi I am Melanie (37) married to Thomas (35) and we have DD Emmie (16 months) and due with #2 September 21-23 range...

I have fought my weight my ENTIRE life and I hate it... I started the PG at 224 about the same as the other one and I promise myself when this baby is born and BF is done --- it is definitely go time for getting healthier and thinner... I don't mind the number, I mind the body shape - a HUGE pear that has the hardest time looking good in anything and makes me horribly depressed --- UGH... So it is own like Donkey Kong

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

April 8th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks everyone for all the welcomes

I have also struggled with weight my whole life, Melanie. My lowest was I think 230 when I was 16 and my biggest was a few years ago at 310. I am now about 307, but it's baby weight A few years ago, at 310, I was able to get down to about 260 through diet and exericise. Counting calories and working out almost everyday, I felt really good about it but it was soooo much work I eventually stopped and went up to 300 again. Blah!!!

I'm hopeing that since both DH and I want baby Zane to have healthy eating habits that will force me to eat better since I will buy healthier food....we will see!!! Either way, I have a wonderful hubby who loves me at any size (I think I was about 280 on our wedding day and probably 270 when we first met...so he obviously loves me heavier) and I'm sure my baby boy will love me no matter what, so life is good. I have to do it for my health though! Thus far I have been very lucky, no diabetes no heart problems, etc. But that can change at any moment, so I have to do it for my family!!!
April 10th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
Welcome! I'm Christina. Mom to Elizabeth who is 15 months!
April 10th, 2010, 09:18 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
Welcome! Lovin being plus sized, but want to lose a little to fit better into things...lol...my name is April(30) married to Dan(40) & we have Liberty(4.5) & Kadin (16months). I am a WAHM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search