Get To Know Each Other Chat Thread

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lets get to know each other. Instead of a regular chat thread, lets share things about ourselves and go along with it.

Well I am a mother of 3 as most of you know. I do not plan to have anymore kids. I am trying to lose weight, but nothing. But I will still keep trying. I have been married 4years and 8months. Couldn't be happier. He drives me insane alot but I love him SO much. I love gymnastics but am unable to do it due to certain things. I plan to do as much with my kids now, even if no energy to do it. They are only young once and I don't want the time to fly by and have any regrets.

What about everyone else?

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
July 1st, 2011, 10:22 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
i am a single mother to my 2.5 year old...i have a great so; i live in Florida until we go to Texas for awhile...i have lost 78lbs and i got 40 to go..
July 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Your doing great with your weight loss. I have only lost 4 and having a heard time getting to any more. I am going to start tonight with some work outs and hope I can stick to it.

July 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am in a committed relationship (aka not married but me and bf live together). We are expecting our first baby very soon (like in the next 2 weeks). I have been plus sized since 6th grade and last year I lost 50lbs (and have put on 30lbs in this pregnancy). I am sooooo looking forward to running again.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

July 2nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
I am Amber (26), married to Eric for 4 years on the 21st of this month. We have two beautiful children - Adam (2) and Phoebe (11wks). We live in upstate NY and I stay home with my kids while DH works for the Post Office. Like Kendra, he drives me insane, but I love him! Aside from being a stay-at-home mom, I play piano/organ at both churches in my town and I sell Avon and Pampered Chef. I have been overweight my whole life and bounced up and down in high school (never got small, just smaller). When I got pregnant with Adam, I was at 220... gained 55lbs, lost it all by last May and was at 195 before getting preg with Phoebe. I gained 35lbs with her and have lost all of it, plus abotu 10 more lbs. I'm hoping to ultimately get around 150, but I'll be happy with 165! LOL!

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

July 3rd, 2011, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You are doing so good Amber!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

July 3rd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I am Vicki, mother to two wonderful children Caleb (5) who is such a daddy's boy, he has autism so it's a learning experience for sure, and Ethan (19 months) who is my silly, hyper, lil guy who tries to eat everything and I have been married for 13 years now to my wonderful Husband Harlan, he is crazy, but I love him so much.
I am also trying to lose some weight, I walk at least 10,000 steps everyday and count calories, but thus far have lost 33 pounds since May, so I am so excited
July 4th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You ladies are all doing so well with your weight loss!

I am Liz, 31. This fall Patrick and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary. Our little girl, Stella, is 2.5 and I am due in December. I am not trying to lose weight since I am pregnant, but I amtrying very hard to keep my gain to a minimum, and so far I am doing well. About 3 lbs in 17 weeks.

Before we had Stella Dh and I did not plan on having children, Now we are on number 2!. This will be our last. I am a high risk pregnancy due to a clotting disorder and a history of blood clots that nearly killed me when I was 27. Because of this I am on 2 shots a day in the stomach duringmy pregnancy and for at least 6 weeks after. The shots are really taking a toll on me this time, and this whole pregnancy is. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to be pregnant, but this will for sure be the last one!

July 5th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Everyone is doing so well with their weight loss or keeping it down.

Liz, I'm sorry to hear that must be so tough. I know it is worth it, but still seems very stressful.

So about my LO's. Sam is 3 going to be 4 August 27th. She is mommy's little helper. She will help out so much. She is my little mom. She just loves babies and kids, and although she can get into kids faces and stuff she just helps. When her sister and brother were born she would bend over backwards for them. Now they are older she takes care of them but she has less tolerance for them lol

Shylah is my very loud and verbal child. We can be in a quiet setting and she will let everyone know whats on her mind. For instance we were at the store and she wanted to push the cart herself. I'm sure people 3-4 isles away knew thats what she wanted lol. She is also the clingy cuddly child. She changed her name to Cinderella. If you ask her what her name is, she says Cinderella. Cutest thing ever. She definately has a mind of her own lol

Logan is all boy all around. Wrestling balls and guns. Which we don't allow the play of guns in our house, but he still tries. He is into everything and anything. But due to having 2 sisters he screams like a girl and he likes to play Barbies and babies. Which is so adorable. He is such a sweetheart. But he is more for wrestling. He will attack anyone at any moment.

July 5th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Well i am also a mom of 3 little boys. Ryland my oldest is 6 and a half and is at a hard age i think, but i'm sure is normal, he is a sweetheart but is so testingme lately. Tristan is 3 and is my mama's boy, he tells me at least 6 times a day "I love you mama" and it melts my heart every time. Holden is my baby he is 17 months old and so smiley and happy. We are still nursing and i love that time with him, he always give me big hugs when he is done. I am 95% sure we are done having kids.

I am trying to lose weight but i haven't been to the gym in a month, need to kick myself in the butt and go tomorrow. My Husband and I have been married for 9 years now. I am determined to do more things with my kids this summer. I have been plus size since grade 5 or 6, not really sure. I have lost 10lbs since joining the gym in march but most of that was due to a stomach flu, but i haven't put it back on so that's good. i think ideally i would like to loose at least 70 lbs. I live in Calgary, Canada and I am a stay at home mom

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

July 6th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Aww! That is so sweet about your boys. I love when my LO's say "I love you!"
My 2 year old is all about kisses. She can give me 50 and I literally mean 50 kisses in one setting.

All 3 after I say "I love you too!" They say "I love you more!"
I love being a mom so much. Kids are just so much fun.

July 6th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Sarah. I am currently pregnant and expecting my little man in the first two weeks of November. Right now he's measuring ahead of the LMP date the midwives are going with. That's November 5th so he's measuring ahead at November 2nd. I just stay with November 7th from my 14w 2d u/s because I don't want to keep going back and forth.

I am single and will be a single mom. I feel like it's going to be that way forever, but I hold out hope I'll find someone at some point.

I started becoming overweight in about 2nd grade. For some reason the kids teased me for being fat in kindergarten and I was a normal weight for a 5-year-old. Nothing chubby about me then. So that along with the all the teachers disliking me for my rambunctiousness made for a horrible school experience. I took to watching TV all the time so wasn't active enough to maintain a normal weight.

Didn't really become very overweight until I was 13 when I went from 155 to 180 in less than 3 months. Then I went to 193 shortly after. In 2004 I managed to lose down to 142 and it was great. I maintained that weight for two years then stress at work and depression with my long term relationship had me slowly gaining. When the relationship went south in 2007 I went from 175 in September '07 to 235 in May '08. I did manage to get down to 215 for a while after my life settled down. But somehow managed to go back to 230.

Then I got pregnant. At first I gained 6lbs in 3 months but three appointments ago I found I'd lost 4lbs. The last two appointments we forgot to check my weight so I don't know where I'm at but I can guarantee I've gained quite a few pounds. But I'm doing pretty good about not eating too much junk. I may suck at losing weight but I'm good at maintaining it (as long as I'm not hit with depression or stress).

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

July 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone I am Carol. I use to frequent the board much more but then life took hold and some other things kept me off the JM site. I am now back and posting more and more.

I have 2 daughters- Miabelle who is 18 months and Stephanie who is 11 yrs. Only one of my girls live with me unfortunately but not by my choice and I am working hard to get my oldest back.

I was at my largest number when I had my youngest and lost almost 100 lbs after having her. However, in the last 3 months I gained back 19 lbs. I am at a standstill again at 263 and it i not going anywhere.

I have to be honest though I do not really try anymore to lose weight. The only time in my life I have ever lost was after a birth of a child and when starving myself....and the latter is not good.

I graduate in 2 weeks with an Associates in Medical Assisting then I get to attempt to look for work.

I am excited to be back with you ladies..

Thank you Claire1979!
July 7th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Hi Carol - I'm sorry about your oldest I hope everything works out for you there! And congrats on the degree! That's great!

Sarah - it's good that you're able to maintian weight. I am not so good at that.

Kendra - whenever anyone tells Adam "I love you" he always answers "Love you more!" LOL... kids are great!

July 8th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Sarah- I as well am not good at maintaining weight, so it is good that you are able to do that

Carol-I really hope all goes well

Amer-I know, I love kids. I always have lol. Now that I have 3 of my own it is so neatwatching them grow up

July 9th, 2011, 04:45 AM
So I've always wanted a big family; I love kids. I really hate when people say "oh now that you've got your girl and your boy you're done!" When I say that I want two more, they tell me I'm crazy, that kids are expensive, and to "just wait; you'll change your mind" UGGH!!!!

I know this isn't totally a "get to know you" thing, but it's a chat thread - I'm venting! LOL!

July 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Feel Free to Vent, now we know how you feel about comments

Yeah I agree I don't like how people automatically assume people aim for a boy and a girl. My goal was just healthy happy kids. I am done with 3, but DH wanted 4. I just can't do anymore pregnancies. My pregnancy with Logan was super hard.

July 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Anything else you want to share?

July 17th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm Emma, single Mummy to two daughters - Gabrielle who is 4 and Emersyn who is 1. I live in New Zealand - in earthquake central... since September 4 last year we've had well over 6500 earthquakes, one had me living with my parents for 2 months because of lack of power/water/sewage in my area.. and right now we're waiting to find out if our street is being bulldozed, due to land damage caused by the quakes. I'm a bit of a loner don't have a lot of friends - hence why I love JM so much... I am very overweight and started losing weight at the start of the year, but then the February quake happened and I have reverted back to my old habits... One day I'll get on track... Next year I'm re-starting my BA, majoring in library studies...

July 17th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome Emma! I hope everything works out and they don't bulldoze your street! That would be horrible! Good luck with your BA - that's great that you're going to get it!

It's been a bit crazy - Adam got a big splinter in his foot Friday night and we went to the ER today to have it removed; I had to play for a funeral on Saturday for a 20 year old boy (very sad); I had church today; I have a recipe night for Pampered Chef tomorrow; and I just got a call tonight from a girl asking if I would play for her wedding on Saturday!!! CRAZY!
Plus I'm anxiously waiting to hear from the doctor in hopes that he's going to increase my thyroid meds - before I was preg I was at 75mcg.... it was bumped up to 100 by the end (through my midwife). Regular dr checked it and lowered it to 50.... 50 was previously too low for me, hence why I was at 75, but apparantely I don't know anything... So now, i've been exhausted, dizzy, sluggish, completely lacking energy, and hardly losing any weight and I'm almost completely certain it's because my meds are too low. Dang doctors!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search