Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got the idea for this from my diet book I was using back in February before I got pregnant. The book helps you form the habit of eating right. One of the meals for the first cycle was Lettuce Wraps. I can't remember exactly what went into it, but I do remember it had fresh grapes thrown in there as well. I think I just took those out and added the ginger and garlic. I love this meal. It's super easy to make too much of it which works for quick lunches for however many days you've got stuff left to eat.

I didn't put any measurements or amounts in there because it's easier to just figure how much you and your family will be able to eat. Enjoy!

-Chicken breast (thawed about 80-90% of the way)

-Carrots

-Bell peppers

-Onions

-Celery

-Iceberg or Romaine lettuce

-Balsamic vinegar

-Garlic powder (or minced garlic, or even fresh, whichever you have/like)

-Powdered Ginger (or fresh, whichever)

-Any other kind of veggies you'd like

Cut vegetables that need cutting (like if you want peas, you don't need to cut them obviously). Just slice the carrots, don't need to do anything fancy. The pieces of everything else should be about 1/4 inch square. Celery and carrots need to be less than 1/4 in. in width so they cook right. Lettuce does not need to be cut, leave whole.

After cutting, put carrots in frying pan first with some olive oil (or whatever oil you prefer). Let those cook some then add in the onions and celery and let those cook some. Then add in the other veggies. Do not cook lettuce.

Make sure the heat is no higher than medium and while the veggies are cooking you an start dicing up the chicken. How many chicken breasts and veggies you cut up is up to you. You should know how much you and/or your family will eat. If you have leftovers, that's fine, this is still great heated over. Dice the chicken into 1/4 inch cubes. Wash hands and return to cooking your veggies.

Sprinkles the garlic and ginger over the veggies and stir. Once the veggies are the consistency you prefer, put them in a bowl that's big enough to fit the chicken as well. Place pan back on burner and add the chicken to it. Use the ginger and garlic on the chicken as well. Chicken will cook fairly fast due to small pieces. Once this is done add it in with the veggies.

Pour the Balsamic vinegar over everything and then use a serving spoon (like the bigger size of your normal spoons you eat with) to mix everything together. How much vinegar you use is up to you. I eyeball it but I think it comes out to maybe 4 or 5 Tablespoons for how much I make.

Now take the lettuce and pull leaves from the bunch, being careful to make sure they stay whole. Make sure they are clean of bugs and dirt. Place them on a plate and you're done! To eat, just spoon the mixture onto the lettuce and eat.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search