October Chit Chat Thread

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So anyone have any interesting plans this month?

Thank you Claire1979!
October 4th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Really no wone has any plans? No one has anything to say? Well we are going to the pumpkin patch next weekend rain or shine....but I think it will be more rain!

Anyone else?

Thank you Claire1979!
October 6th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its been a rough week already. I started back at work (post baby). She spent Monday and Tuesday at home with dad. They had a great 2 days. It was wonderful for them and made me so happy they started bonding.

Yesterday was awful. She went to daycare. He dropped her off at like 9:30. She was crying when he left. She doesnt do car seats very well, so she cried the whole way there. It made him feel awful to leave her with a bunch of people she didnt know.

When I picked her up, she was crying. But they said she had a good day. I think she was upset at being left with a bunch of people that she didnt really know.

I am looking forward to having an extra day off next week!

Other than that, I am running a 10K Halloween weekend. Susie will cheer me on, but we arent going trick-or-treating. She will wear a 1st halloween onesie and some black pants, and a pumpkin hat.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 6th, 2011, 09:37 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine and DH's Anniversary is the 24th, so hoping to do something fun for that. Not sure how well that will go though.

My beautiful children are growing so fast. Sam is 4, Shy is 3 and in December Logan will be 2. I can't believe it.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
October 6th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Wow sounds exciting. DH and mine is October 13th...not sure if I mentioned that.

Wow a 10K!!! How exciting...I always wanted to do one of those...but to scared lol.

Thank you Claire1979!
October 7th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did this race last year and it was a hoot! Everyone running in Halloween costumes.

I recommend starting with 5Ks. They are shorter (less time commitment) and plenty of people walk the whole thing. You can find lots of people with strollers and such. And I highly recommend everyone do at least 1! They are a great time. There is such an encouraging atmosphere around them.

October 7th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I might have to look around and see what is out there. I know one that I was looking into next year but the baby is due at the same time...not sure that one is a good idea lol.

Thank you Claire1979!
October 7th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldnt recommend it around your due date. I did the 10K last year as I had just found out I was pregnant. I did a 1/2 marathon at 27 weeks (not a smart idea) and then I did a 5K at 7 months pregnant. I couldnt run the 5K too much pressure from the baby.

I dont recommend any of that for other people. I wore my body out pretty hard and had some rough days after each one.

October 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Well I would be 39 weeks lol with this one so I am pretty sure it is out of the question, but I do want to do one next year at some point.

Thank you Claire1979!
October 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Its a good idea.

How is your pregnancy going so far? I sorta miss being pregnant. I didnt think I would miss being sick all the time, but I miss having the baby all to myself.

October 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
So far so good. This has been the best pregnancy. No real signs (ie morning sickness etc) of being pregnant. I am tired alot and extra lazy but I think that also has to do with my almost 2 year old lol.

But so far so good

Thank you Claire1979!
October 10th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went to a pumpkin patch this past weekend.

Next weekend we're doing a trunk or treat party and potluck with our play group.

The following weekend we have family coming to visit. Plus our local library has this massive sale starting that weekend. Last time I bought 30 books for about $3 total. It was awesome!

And the last weekend of the month, we're going to a fall festival at a local church.

Lots of busy fun!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

October 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck getting a good deal again!

I need to keep my eye out for when the libraries around here have a massive sale.

October 13th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Oh I love when I can find books on sale. We have quite a few second hand stores around here.

We went to the pumpkin patch this past weekend too. I got stung in the mouth by a yellow jacket...not a fun experience for me at all.

Thank you Claire1979!
October 14th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That doesnt sound good at all!

Right now we are fighting a cold. Susie caught a cold (which she kindly shared with me). so I have a sore throat. She has a cold that has gotten worse, and an ear infection. She is now on an anti-biotic.

October 14th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Hope she gets better Maureen.

DH lost his job Wednesday, so we are scrambling to get a new place, pay a car, get packed. Its exhausting

October 16th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs Kendra.

October 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Well the bee sting is better. Thank goodness it wasn't to bad.

I am sorry to hear that Kendra. I still can't find a job and with me becoming huge fast it is becoming harder and harder.

Thank you Claire1979!
October 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks, yeah thankfully I have a job. He lost his job Wednesday, but was already working on Saturday at a new job, my uncle hired him for concrete construction. Which I'm glad for. So that works. We are in the hole majorly but at least he is working.

We are going back with my parents which sucks, but I guess we gotta do what we gotta do.

October 21st, 2011, 02:10 PM
I know how bad things can get. I just graduated and can't find a job to save my life and now almost 4 months pregnant.

Sometimes life sucks.

But on a plus note....omgosh Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are soooo close!

Thank you Claire1979!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search