Your plus sized story

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cortney6983
  • 1 Post By Frozenoj

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How long have you been plus sized?

How does it effect your life?

Are you trying to lose weight?

Is your family overweight?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 5th, 2012, 08:42 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How long have you been plus sized? Pretty much my whole life, but I did lost almost 100lbs on weight watchers in 2003-2004 and maintained it for almost 3 years, but by 2008 it was creeping back up. I lost another 40lbs and was within 5lbs of my goal weight, but then it crept back up again and DH and I got engaged. I tried to lose weight for the wedding, but after the wedding was over I gained a ton. Then I had my baby. I am back at the top.

How does it effect your life? My self esteem is shot! I am not as comfortable being intimate with DH and I feel like he would love me more if I were healthy, even though I know it's not true, I can't stop myself from thinking it.

Are you trying to lose weight? Yes. I am trying to "eat clean" and am not buying any processed/packaged foods anymore unless they are oganic and have only ingredients listed on them that I can pronounce.

Is your family overweight? No!! I am the only one and have been since I was a kid.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 10th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Veteran

I have been plus size my entire life...

Being that we have been TTC for over 3 years.. my insanity as well as my fertility.

Yes I did the HCG diet from March 2011-2012 and lost 125 lbs! Since coming off the diet I maintained the weight and then began to lose again. I am down another 20 lbs on my own, as of this morning! I eat all veggies except carrots, corn, peas, and potatoes. Anything with natural sugar is out of the question at this point. I have not had a soda in almost 2 years.. YIKES! I started drinking hot tea with truvia and a teaspoon of skim milk. I basically eat lean meats, veggies, fruits, and drink water. It has really helped me and when we go out to eat I order a grilled chicken breast with steamed broccoli, a salad (w/o dressing), or a steak.

Yes, my mother's entire side of the family is from the DEEP south. I grew up thinking bread and potatoes were staples to any and all meals, as well as anything fried. In college I gained loads of weight because of my lack of sleep and freedom to eat take out as I wished...
October 22nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
my oh my i see this and think wow im 22 and have had a longg journey of being over weight =/ I will keep it short! I have been over weight about my whole life... in the 200's never taught the good from bad so it just keep getting worse.. high school sucked was out-casted and treated like crap... so i decided to get the lapband... when i was 17 i couldnt get it yet but i went to all the pre stuff i had to to make sure i was ready... dumb little girl i was wasnt really ready for how much it would affect me!... I got it done when i was 18 it wasnt bad at first didnt feel a thing was kinda mad because it wasnt doing anything i could eat what i wanted still... well they gave me "fills in the band" every few months it got slowly more restrictive THEN BAM! it hit me eating was harder i threw up a few times (they said it was normal) i couldnt eat for crap... i lost weight love it of course but it got worse the band messed up somewhere inside of me and i could NOT keep anything down I was scared they would take it out so I just kept trying and trying i tried to eat less and less in the end my mom did an intervention because i went from 280 to literally 85 pounds in a year. i loved being thin LOVED it i felt amazing guys looked at me i was hit on it was a new light! but i looked like SH*T i was gaunt and sickly looking i knew it was time for me to confront my fear.... i went to the doctors they told me i had to drink this THICK chalky crap to see if my band had slipped and it had so they had to replace it ANOTHER surgery that meant so i did it .... well of course things could not go the way they should have... my stomach was still swollen so they had to keep the band open instead of latching it in place.... SOOO if i want the band to work again I have to have ANOTHER surgery to have it latched in place... well that was about 2 years ago now i have yet to do that and now i am pregnant and back to 250 oi things never looked so bleak... my eating habits are just not that good i don't drink soda anymore which is SO amazing for me who drank 6 or so a day! but still being pregnant that didnt help lose weight...

sorry for the LONG story I tried to make it short lol

BUT i found an amazingggggggg man through this all want to know why??? because he started dating me when i was at my skinniest and now that i am 250 he STILLLLL loves me for me and calls me beautiful !
Dirtroads likes this.

Last edited by Cortney6983; October 22nd, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
October 23rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How long have you been plus sized? Since I was in 4-5th grade...

How does it effect your life? I got to the point about 2.5 years ago where I felt miserable. My energy was low, my body felt like it was just failing. Today i am much healthier, so its minimal impact other than I wear a larger size than a lot of people. I feel better about myself and I like myself more now.

Are you trying to lose weight? Not currently because I am preggo but I still have 40-50lbs to go in terms of weight loss after baby comes.

Is your family overweight? Yup... all of my immediate family battles/d with their weight.

I feel like a success in terms of weightloss keeping off 50lbs for 2 years and through 1 pregnancy!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 23rd, 2012, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been plus sized? My entire life.

How does it effect your life? Honestly it does not. At least I try not to let it.

Are you trying to lose weight? No.

Is your family overweight? My dad and one of my brothers are, but the rest are thin.

October 23rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After I had my first daughter in 2007How long have you been plus sized?

How does it effect your life? Its hard, I was young and gained quickly, but was always pregnant lol

Are you trying to lose weight? Currently I have lost 23 pounds but gave up because I was discouraged. So at the moment I am just working out, eating less and healthier and then if I lose I lose. I don't want it to be my main focus anymore.

Is your family overweight? Mostly all of them but a few

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
October 24th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kendra3 View Post
after i had my first daughter in 2007how long have you been plus sized?

How does it effect your life? its hard, i was young and gained quickly, but was always pregnant lol

are you trying to lose weight? currently i have lost 23 pounds but gave up because i was discouraged. So at the moment i am just working out, eating less and healthier and then if i lose i lose. I don't want it to be my main focus anymore.

is your family overweight? mostly all of them but a few
kendra! Omg! Hi hi hi!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 25th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long have you been plus sized? Right when I hit puberty I went from being a teeny tiny stick to being one of the bigger girls. Throughout highschool I managed to stay around size 10 or 12 because I was active in the marching band. After that I graduated I would fluctuate between 10-14. It's only been the last two years or so that I've gone up to a size 16.

How does it effect your life? I have PCOS and the heavier I get the worse that gets and the harder it will be to lose it in the future. I have trouble finding clothes sometimes but I think that has more to do with my large bra size. I've always had big boobs, even in highschool I was a DD (now an F/G) so that was a problem even when I was smaller. My self esteem is actually better now than it was when I was smaller thanks to the support of my husband.

Are you trying to lose weight? No not really. I have chronic pain that prevents me from exercising. I have tried to move to a low carb diet over the last few years though.

Is your family overweight? Some are, some aren't.
Mom to D&D likes this.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
October 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM
CardozaMaMa8784's Avatar Veteran
Since i was 13(now 25) My mom and dad are over weight as well. my family line has alot of big ppl in it so i guess its genetic for me. I been with my DH since i was 14. married at 18(preg at 18 as well)

I have had asthma since the weight started adding on, I cant do much activity or i get winded and i hate that. there are days i want to play with my 5 yr old son and exercise with my hubby. I cant wear clothes i want because of my size and finding a 42/44 bra size for a C is a pain! I wanna wear those sexy clothes for my DH, I developed PCOS(with the help of MIrena bc, it kick started it) the only good the BC gave me was it regulated my AF after it was removed. Plus the extra rolls and muffin tops are not my best friend. I feel so ugly with them

From 3 years ago i weighed 289, now im 249. Im trying to slowly get back into exercising, i can actually feel/see my collar bone which is amazing to me. my face looks better( i dont look like a balloon), but im working on getting my stomach and lower half more slim. we got a Kinect for our xbox and im goign to start the Total fitness game soon with my old diet that kick started the weight loss(its harsh but works, harsh because the food craving will get you) My goal is to get down to 210 in a long term workout plan
My hub is FIT, he is ex army, did mma for a bit and loves to do thse things, my 2 kids are skinny as hell lol.
October 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I've been plus sized for as long as I can remember.

I don't really let it effect my life. My overall health is great except for the extra weight and I get lots of exercise so I don't let myself get too worked up about being fat.

I could stand to lose some weight but honestly it is one of the least important things on my to-do list. I am much more focused on taking care of my gorgeous baby girl than worrying about a few extra pounds!

My husband is also overweight but my daughter is very slim and the rest of my family is pretty thin as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search