May I join?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Veteran
Hey all! I found this site randomly while trying to research some IB information

My name is Londyn and I am a plus size girl!

I have not always been plus size... growing up as a child I was always a bit huskier compared to other girls but nothing drastic... When I started middle school I was average for my age.. by my freshman year of high school I was a size 6... and grew to a size 18 by the time I graduated. Once I started college and became extremely busy with school and my demanding job, I slimmed down to a size 14. As my 3rd year of college was upon me I was back to 18 and heading into a 20. This is when I got married Once we were married we started TTC and as the months wore on, I became really depended on food as comfort. In August 2009 when we did our IVF I was at a weight of 170 lbs which was good for me Soon after all the injections, extra medications, and failed IVF I started to put on weight like no other.....

I finally decided I needed help from a doctor to get my nutrition and weight under control. I looked at options like gastric bypass and the gastric sleeve surgery but were really scared by the possible complications and reality of getting pregnant afterwards could be, NOT ALWAYS, very harmful to my process. I had heard so much about the HCG diet that I have decided to give it a go I have my information class on Friday SO EXCITED! I have a whole slew of blood tests I have to complete and full body work up that needs to be done before I can start the actual diet I should be in the clear to start by Sept 15, hopefully sooner! The biggest reason for the long wait is for the purpose of insurance!

My doctor is checking blood sugar, thyroid, iron, heart check, etc. I am also getting fully measured and having my body fat percentage taken. Once I start the diet I come in once a month for bloodwork and once a week to be weighed and measured. I will also be doing body shots and keeping up with my measurements and weight loss. They will be monitoring my progress and at the end if I have any problem areas like shaggy skin etc, my insurance will pay for reconstructive surgery since I am doing this with a referral from my PCM... oh military insurance

My hope is to get down to my goal weight of 150 lbs. I do not know how long it will take as many people do very well while others have a lot of plateauing involved. But I will be adding a multivitamin, prenatal, folic acid, and b6 to my meal plans as well as the HCG injection each morning

I am really excited and cannot wait to see how this all turns out for me! I hope will the weight loss I will be able to get back into the swing of TTC naturally and do it on our own.

I am 259.2 lb as of this morning, but it will change before I start.

Sorry for the long introduction!
August 15th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Veteran
First of all welcome!!!

Secondly, I have done the HCG Diet and I will say, I am so glad I did!

My brief history (promise it will be brief.... )

I have always been Plus size.. i think I came out of my mom's womb larger than most... i was almost 10 lbs... Anyways, when i got married I was at 240lbs which was the largest I had ever been.. at that time. As the years came and went I began to pack on weight. In Jan 2011 I had reached 377... :O I knew i needed a change and started researching different diets. In college I think i went through every fad diet there was... Atkin's diet.. south beach diet.. tried WW with my mom.. nothing helped me. The more I was not told to eat something the more I wanted it. Finally, after more than 2 years of trying to get pregnant with no luck, I knew that it was my weight that was stopping us from our dream of having a family. The area I lived in at the time had a doctor, a surgeon, who was advocating the HCG DIET as she had done it herself and had lost 80 lbs in 6 months!! So I decided I should sign up for it and see what all the buzz was about. In the meeting we were told we could use the injection HCG or the HCG drops. My mom chose drops as they were less expensive BUT I chose the injections. I am so so so so glad I did! Not only was the injections free of pain, it was easy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The injections are done in the mornings and you are not allowed to eat for 4 hours after the injection has taken place. My doctor also prescribed me B6 injections for anytime I felt low on energy- which i only used once Anyways, the foods are easy to follow but you have to measure and weight like crazy. I started by buying my lean meats and portioning them out right away and freezing them in freezer paper stuff. On the outside I wrote what it was and the ounces. Then at dinner or lunch time I could just take it out and cook it with no problem!

Another tip I suggest is getting an empty foldger's plastic coffee container and lining it with wax paper Then cut up all your onions you want and put them in the container and place in the freezer. SO MUCH EASIER!! Now all of this was after almost 6 months of doing the daily task of chopping weighing at each meal time... it makes you even more hungry IMO! As stated onions are put in the freezer and will be used at every meal as they are the 1 free item you can have much as possible!

Another great thing I found was the MiO for my water! I used one serving of a MiO product a day to help curb the same plain on water taste I was getting sick of! Another thing I used was the water bottles you can get at Walmart that are like 1 gallon I think... maybe a bit less.. I drank at least one of those a day It is recommended to drink (2) 2 liters of water a day.

Believe me once you are done fat loading for two days, you will not want to touch another greasy fried food again..... I almost had to make myself eat the required food amounts at each meal. BUT NEVER EVER EAT less than what is required because it will bite you in the butt later!

I started out at 377 and am 227 as of today!!! I stopped doing the diet at the end of December 2012, actually one month after I had moved from my doctor In January 2012 I started medicated fertility cycles with my RE who knew of my progress with my weight loss because of the progress report to sent to my PCM as well as my RE. She agreed to see me at the weight of 250lb because I had gone from 377. Since coming off the diet I basically maintained my weight for some time and then began to lose it again. I believe the main reason was for the fact that I was doing medicated cycles with my doctor and was finally free to TTC for real. Yes, there were some and still some cheat days but i have continued to slowly lose weight and recently found out i am pregnant!

SO yes, i do believe KNOW my weight was holding back my fertility!

If you need anything or advice along the way PM! I am usually always stalking some board on here GOOD LUCK! KUP on your progress as well!!!
Expecting #1 April 2013!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Veteran
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Gosh you give me so much confidence in this diet! Congrats on the pregnancy as well!!!!!

Yes, I am a bit nervous as I have always in the past crashed dieted and never really saw anything but the scale go up! I am so nervous about the injections as I have done IVF in the past. SO MANY INJECTIONS each day!!! Anywhoo! I know that a doctor will not touch me with my current weight so I am focused on getting to a good size with progress reports from my doctor as well. My main goal is to start fertility treatments in Jan or Feb 2013 or at least have a consult with my new RE by that time.

I really hope I have great success like you! How long do you think it would take for me to go from 260lbs to 145-150lbs? I want to be realistic but also I want to see improvements fast.... Just know I will be asking you loads of questions once I am on my way with the diet.

One actual question I have now is how exactly did you fat load? It sounds easy but from what I was told it is the hardest part of the diet... TIA!
August 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Veteran
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Gosh you give me so much confidence in this diet! Congrats on the pregnancy as well!!!!!

Yes, I am a bit nervous as I have always in the past crashed dieted and never really saw anything but the scale go up! I am so nervous about the injections as I have done IVF in the past. SO MANY INJECTIONS each day!!! Anywhoo! I know that a doctor will not touch me with my current weight so I am focused on getting to a good size with progress reports from my doctor as well. My main goal is to start fertility treatments in Jan or Feb 2013 or at least have a consult with my new RE by that time.

I really hope I have great success like you! How long do you think it would take for me to go from 260lbs to 145-150lbs? I want to be realistic but also I want to see improvements fast.... Just know I will be asking you loads of questions once I am on my way with the diet.

One actual question I have now is how exactly did you fat load? It sounds easy but from what I was told it is the hardest part of the diet... TIA!
August 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Veteran
First of all fat loading is miserable I had a hard time because I thought I would just try and get as much dollar menu stuff as possible.. but it proved to be a waste of money....

I had to redo the fat loading portion because I had failed to properly do it right the first time.. AKA I did not gain any weight THEREFORE I was not eating enough....

I would start with a nice big breakfast of pancakes, friend hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, ham.. basically I went to IHop LOL I did not drink as much for it makes your belly full fast without the substance of food it really does make it tricky for the remainder of the diet.

For my snacks I got chips... and lots of them... I would literally eat an entire thing of Pringles in one setting.

For lunch I would go and get a bacon cheeseburger from Sonic or somewhere like that. ORDER SODA for it will be the last for a LONG time.

Another thing I did for snacks was corn nuts, pork rinds, snack cakes, mozzerella sticks from Sonic. The main thing to keep in mind is grease and fat. Sweets are good too but not as much as the grease and fatty foods!

For dinner i love potatoes so I made a huge thing of scallopped potatoes with melted butter and loads of shredded cheese! I cut strips of boneless pork chops and wrapped them in really fatty bacon and put BBQ sauce on them. All of that went into the oven.

OKAY so that was just day 1.. and I constantly had food in my hand at all times...

Day 2 was harder for the fact you are so full. The idea is to feel full ALL THE TIME. So once you start the diet you can lower your calorie intake without feeling super hungry all the time. If you begin to feel hungry during the diet it is because 1) you did not eat all the food required during each setting 2) you waited too long to eat between meals AND/OR 3) fat loading was not done properly.

Day 2 for me was a Sunday so I did my shot, ate like 6 donuts for breakfast and headed to church. Between sunday school and the actual service I ate some cheesy puffs LOL During the service of course I chewed on candies like jolly ranches, starburst, laffy taffy...

For lunch we went to a buffet like place and I ate like the world was ending.

On the way home DH took me to sonic to get some cheesesticks and a corn dog.

I ate my snack foods throughout the remainder of the day, and we had DQ for dinner. I had a burger, chicken strip basket, and some ice cream with really rich chocolate and such

The remainder of the night I ate my snacks listed above again.

DO NOT FORGET THAT DURING FAT LOADING you are also taking your injections each morning. During these two days you do not have to wait the 4 hours from injection till being able to eat.. JUST EAT

As far as how much weight you will lose is completely up to your body. I started at 377 and lost 25 lbs the first week and 16 the second week. The first bit of weight that is lost is water weight from your body storing it because too many salty foods along with soda were going into your body.. WELL for me it was like that I WAS a soda-holic like whoa!

By my third week-week 4 I was losing 8-10lbs a week.

So after my first month I had lost roughly 47 lbs. I was still above 300 thought but it was so nice to see the numbers dropping.

After that my numbers just seemed to stay consistently at around 3-5 lbs a week for the next month.

By month three I was under 325!!! During month 4 I lost enough to reach 299 SO in 4 months I had lost a total of 78 lbs!

Month 5 was a sort of plateauing month for me and I started eating more of the lean red meats for both lunch and dinner. Steaks and 96/4 hamburger boosted my metabolism as it does for many women and by the end of the month I was down to 285 lbs. Month 6 I lost 10 lbs, month 7 I lost 7lbs, month 8 I lost 5 lbs- another plateau month. Month 9 was 6 lbs Month 10 was 5 lbs, month 11 was 2 lbs, and my final month on the diet was 4 lbs. So in one year i had lost 131 lbs!!!

During my last month I had moved to a new city well really a different part of the country LOL So I had to stop my injections because i had no doctor to monitor me. This is when I started fertility treatments with my RE

March- Present I have gone from 246 to 226 as of this morning MORNING SICKNESS is not helping my efforts of trying to eat healthy as I am getting sick throughout the day

So 20 lbs in 6 months was partially because I was doing medicated cycles for fertility as well as i maintained my weight for at least 4 months before dropping the twenty pounds or so.

Another thing to remember is that even when you are not losing pounds on the scale you are losing inches!! I went from a size 28/30 to a size 18/20 and went from a 50+ DDD to a 36/38 DD I have had the boobies so I knew they were not going very far LOL But overall i feel so much better. I still have a road a head of me but with my pregnancy I hope to lose more weight after the baby is here. I have heard breastfeeding does wonders!!

I hope this helped!
Expecting #1 April 2013!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 15th, 2012, 09:17 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Welcome Londyn! Glad to have you here!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
August 16th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Veteran
Thanks so much!!!
------------------------------
9/2012: Chemical Pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search