Being pregnant and plus sized

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By isawastar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 02:56 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
How have you found your pregnancy (ies) to be? Did being plus sized effect your enjoyment of it at all? Did you have more aches and pains than you think you would have had otherwise?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
My 1st pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and I was 197 pounds.

My 2nd pregnancy via IUI and fertility meds was easy peasy at 203 - 240 pounds. No ms, no pains, and no maternity clothes.

My 3rd pregnancy was a surprise. I weighed 295 pounds. I had sore breasts, morning sickness, heartburn, and was on modified bed rest.

My pregnancies were all different. I had raised blood pressure in the end of both full term pregnancies and delivered after 37 weeks. I was hypoglycemic during my pregnancies.

Leslie

September 4th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first pregnancy also ended in a miscarriage...I was 190lbs.

My second pregnancy was with the aid of Metformin since I have PCOS. It was a terrible pregnancy with gestational diabetes, renal failure/pre-eclampsia. I was 280lbs when I was induced and came home weighing 240lbs from recieving lasiks for severe water retention. I was MISERABLE....I cried and cried because I was so uncomfortable. I had to be induced at 38 weeks because my kidneys were failing, and my blood sugar was around 400, also high blood pressure. I didn't find out about the pre-eclampsia until after my c-section.

My first pregnancy was before I found out about the PCOS. I was carrying twins...they run in my family. I hyperovulated...on my own. Anyway, that contributed to developing gestational diabetes the second time (and the PCOS).

September 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
My pregnancy was fairly good. I started it around 255lbs and delivered at 297. I am around 260 now I think.

I felt fairly good over all, but I did get a sore leg quite often, almost like sciatica and it would go numb if I was standing for too long. I don't think I would have had that had I not been so overweight.

I also missed not having that tell-tale baby bump. That would have been awesome, I was just that person that they never knew if I was pregnant or just fat.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 11th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I started my pregnancy at 195 and ended at 230. I mostly just felt fat but I also didnt really show much (not even just looking fatter). I dont think I missed anything by being non-skinny.

I didnt like the drs all assuming I was diabetic or going to definitely have gestational diabetes.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

September 11th, 2012, 01:12 PM
ambitionsofabundance's Avatar Veteran
My first pregnancy I was around 173 and delivered at 177(27w 4d-due to incompetent cervix)
My second I was around 175 and delivered at 217. Just really bad nausea, and really swollen around the time I went into labor. I had a lot of sleepless nights due to numb legs and feet tho.
August 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM
FTM here....currently 14w4d and started out my pregnancy at 298 currently at 290

I must admit I am a bit nervous about being so overweight and pregnant.

We tried and tried with no luck then I decided to start going to the gym and lose weight before trying again to get pregnant and within 3 weeks I was pregnant....go figure lol
September 12th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Super Mommy
My first pregnancy I weighed 250 post pregnancy, 260 two days before the end of pregnancy, and 233 a week after the pregnancy. It was a fairy enjoyable easy pregnancy except for the two months of GD that I don't think I would've gotten if I wasn't overweight.

This pregnancy, I don't know what I weighed before hand, but I carry my weight all over my body, instead of concentrated anywhere, and my skinny jeans size 18 were just barely starting to get skinny in the month I conceived. Seeing as how I was still breastfeeding I didn't realize I might be pregnant until I was about two almost three months along. I weighed 219 then, and now at almost 4 months I weigh 230. I'm having to go through alot more monitoring because of the weight and previous GD to try and catch it earlier if it happens this time.
September 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
I lost my first four pregnancies, between 295 and 320. I gained a bit after the last miscarriage, and didn't get pregnant again until I hit 290 in July. They never said that they thought it had anything to do with my weight though (turns out I have a tilted uterus and MTHFR).

The only issue I really have, enjoyment wise, is that I won't be having the cute bump pics so many others post. My husband and I know where my personal bump is, of course, but I'm far too embarrassed and self-conscious to take pictures for comparison.
Jonesyslady likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search