Your SO and your weight

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2012, 01:54 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
What was your body like when you met your SO?

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all?

Is your SO overweight?

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
What was your body like when you met your SO? I weighed in the 190s when I met my husband.

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? My husband has a great sex drive. I have none.

Is your SO overweight? Yes, he is.

Leslie

September 6th, 2012, 06:33 AM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
I met my husband around 200. After I started dating him and re-joined weight watchers and lost about 30lbs.

He is unhappy about my weight. He says he just wants me to be healthy, and maybe I am sensitive or maybe he is a jerk but I always feel like he is saying things that are mean or whatever.

He is slightly overweight but not to the extent I am.

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
September 11th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What was your body like when you met your SO? I was close to 250 when I met dh. He loved me as I was then. He was so proud of me when I lost the 50lbs. He thinks I am beautiful (but he thought I was beautiful at 250).

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? I feel very self-conscious about my body and so I am shy but he makes sure to show me that he is attracted to me no matter what I look like!

Is your SO overweight? Not really... he says he is and I know he put some weight on during pregnancy #1, but he is a fairly skinny guy.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

September 27th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What was your body like when you met your SO? Maybe slightly slimmer. Nothing dramatic.

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? No.

Is your SO overweight? He's carrying a few extra pounds. Makes him more cuddly.

September 27th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What was your body like when you met your SO? i was 190lbs, i am 210 now, i went through the past 3 yrs spiraling up to 250lbs and i've lost 40lbs.

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? for him no. for me yes, he was 215lbs when i met him, i motivated him to lose weight and he did he is 154lbs.

Is your SO overweight? no, he used to be 250lbs before i met him, he went down to 215lbs when i met him and lost 60lbs

September 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What was your body like when you met your SO? I weighted about 160 or so when we met, I'm around 200 now.

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? Yes but his weight is more of a problem then mine. It limits our sex lives a bit.

Is your SO overweight? Yes he is really, really overweight. Like 400 pounds. He's always been overweight and has tried to lose it so many times but just can't. We are trying to save up so he can get the gastric bypass surgery.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 29th, 2012, 09:19 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
What was your body like when you met your SO?when I meet my DH I had just lost 40lbs, so I was all of 120 lbs and somewhat toned :-(

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? No, because he always says he helped make me that way by given me children so close together & that he loves me for me not for my body. He is very aware I'm "fluffy" but he plays with my love handle and says "everytime I look at these, it just reminds me of how much I love you"

Is your SO overweight?No, he's 6' and all 160lbs :-) he still weighs the same size from HS, 31x36
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

October 4th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What was your body like when you met your SO? I was about the same weight I am now, but things have redistributed since having kids!

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? No.

Is your SO overweight? Yes, he has gained a lot of weight since we have been married.

November 18th, 2012, 03:59 AM
MaggieB1112's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MaggieB1112
What was your body like when you met your SO? I weight a little less when we met, but definitely gained weight our first year of marriage mostly due to a year of dealing with a foot injury where i couldn't walk much or work out. But I have been over weight my whole life.

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? somewhat for me because sometimes I have a hard time believing that it doesnt effect him. He comes from a very fit family so some times I am uncomfortable in my own skin. but they never make me feel anything but loved. Guess I have some issues to get over huh? LOL

Is your SO overweight? Nope.

November 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What was your body like when you met your SO? I was 145 when I met DH, I was into gymnastics so I had really toned legs

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? No, my husband may say stupid things or word things the wrong way but when it comes down to it, he says he loves me no matter what and that I am beautiful. If I want to lose he is supportive, if I gain he is supportive

Is your SO overweight? Not one bit. He is skinny and he has a toned body. To hot for me lol but I'm not complaining haha

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
November 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was about 180. I think I looked pretty perfect lol I gained about 40 pounds the next year because of a serious knee injury. My knee continues to affect me, and my weight and my knee kind of feed off of each other to make each other worse.

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? No. My husband's ex is in the 400 range. So to him I am not very large. He thinks I am beautiful and sexy, and I know it.

Is your SO overweight? Yes. Probly around 260. He wears it well, but I do worry healthwise with him because he has high cholesterol and mild diabetes.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
December 2nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was about 165, maybe less, maybe a little more. Then I gained some weight. I was 191 when I got pregnant and I am 232 now.

Does being overweight effect your relationship at all? Yes. He is very fit and wants us to be a hot couple-weight is a big issue to him. If he gains weight, he will just choose to not eat all day until he gets back down to where he was. I can't do that, makes me sick. I feel bad that it is such a big issue for him though, and it's hard to work out hard enough at home with an infant to actually see results, and get housework done and take care of a baby. So we fight.

Is your SO overweight? My opinion, no. He is about 200lbs, and I think he looks average, and muscular. He thinks he is overweight though, but I don't know where he would lose it from. lol

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search