Well hello fellow mommies with more to love!

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I am plus size and pregnant (i have known for a while been on another board but just found this one as it suits my needs too!)

for me it's been tough being plus size ... my brothers wife is also pregnant and she is skinnny so she has a nice round baby bump... i have fat. =/ everyone goes AWEE LOOK AT YOU..(to her) and i get left out as people tend to forget..

other than that it's hard to find a friendly plus size midwife/ doctor... they always seem to make appointments about my weight =/

i am more than happy to be pregnant with an amazing man by my side! just trying to get over those lumps in the road
October 23rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HUGS! I am similar in that I look chubbier than normal but its my small baby bump. I smile with the knowledge that "inspite" of my weight, I have a beautiful baby growing inside me and its the reason I am putting on weight (well, I am not putting on weight yet with my m/s being on high still but you know what i mean)!

When are you due?

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 23rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations both of you ladies!

October 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome! When I was pregnant with Dd I never felt like I looked pregnant. When I looked back on pictures, boy did I ever! I totally understand how you feel though. Luckily my OB never made my weight an issue. The OB who was on call the night that I was admitted to have my daughter did walk into my room, look at me and say "Induction for GD." I corrected him, as I did not have GD and then called him out on him assuming it was GD based on the fact that I was plus sized. That was the one and only incident that I had with both of my pregnancies.

October 24th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
I am due April 19th! I am 14 weeks and 5 days pregnant today (cant wait to know the sex!)

for me it's hard because like i said my brothers wife is tiny and has a big baby bump and shes only a few weeks ahead of me!

my midwifes (i have to see different ones) seem to only concentrate on that ONE issue sucks but i am seeing a new one that a friend of mine recommended me so HOPEFULLY she is nicer and i can finally relax and be happy about all aspects! if not i will be changing Doctors
October 24th, 2012, 09:18 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Welcome!!! Sorry I was slow to respond to this I have been away from this board. So glad to have you!

I know how you feel about not looking pregnant, I was the same way. When I was pregnant I always felt like I just looked really fat and that people would think I was fat and not pregnant.

Either way, I wish you all the best in your pregnancy and would love to have you around! Hopefully the one your friend recommended is great!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search