Plus size maternity clothing?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
Hi all, I just found out that I am expecting #2. I am hoping that someone here can share websites with plus size maternity clothing . . . I live in a rural area with no where to shop. I will be checking out Ebay but thought maybe there were cool sites I might be missing when it is time for bigger clothes.

Thanks in advance!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
just_jenn's Avatar Veteran
I'm a plus size mom amd mom to be too, I like old navy maternity. They only go up to XXL but I find that their stuff is comfy. I use ebay too. I do not think I am going to be buying alot for this pregnancy though. I live in yoga pants when I am not at work and I wear scrubs to work so I have to buy a pair of pants for work. What about goodwill or other thrift stores? I hate paying full price so I try to buy things on sale when I have a coupon or I go to thrift stores.

December 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
Oldnavy for sure... also motherhood maternity had plus sizes. Congratulations!

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
December 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!! Good luck!

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26
December 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Old navy has a good selection online and motherhood maternity too. Good luck...I remember how frustrating that was when I was pregnant with my daughter.

December 5th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is such a pain! I find I am just a little too big for Old Navy, I can wear alot of their XXL but if I gain 5lbs, I suck. I am going to be enormous this summer so I've been looking online, but everything looks so pricey.

I think I'm just gonna buy long tshirts in bigger sizes.

ALSO my last pregnancy, my saving grace were Bella Bands. I didn't buy a single pair of maternity pants. Slip that sucker on over my not zipped jeans and I was good to go.

December 10th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
I was wondering if the bella band really worked. I saw some really cute ones on Etsy that were trendy prints so I may have to buy one. Thanks!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 10th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am making my own this go around. It is way cheaper and gives you a ton of more options.

December 10th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE my bella band! With my first pregnancy I wore it with regular pants till like 5-6 months preggo.

You might also consider buying shirts that are just 1-2 sizes bigger than you normally wear. I get away with wearing my XXL stuff (I am now an XL) up through my entire pregnancy. Look for stuff that has plenty of belly room and longer shirts. You can just wear a tanktop underneath and be golden!

Depending on what size you are, I might have some stuff that fits. My sister just got done having a baby and is done, and I am not having more after this one. We have a bunch of clothes that might be an option.

Shoot me a pm if you want to talk about it.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search