Matt's bumbo seat arrived today!

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Veteran
Yay!!! I'm so excited! I've been wanting to get him one of these things for a long time now. And he absolutely loves it! He hates his bouncy chair these days because he wants to be upright all the time. At first I felt that they were a bit pricey for a little foam chair, but since we plan to have one more, I figured it was worth the investment.

September 13th, 2005, 05:13 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's a bumbo seat?? Does it just kinda prop him up in a chair or something? Looks interesting
September 13th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Veteran
It's a foam chair that lets them sit upright from the time that they can support their own head (usually about 8 weeks). It is designed to provide lumbar support, so therapists recommend it to keep incorrect pressure off of the spine until the baby learns to sit independently. Matt has reflux and has to sit upright for 30 minutes after eating so that is the main reason I bought it. He loves sitting upright too though! It can be used on any flat surface. I usually just set it on the floor, I just put it in the chair to get a picture. It can also be used to sit them on the grass or at the beach, etc.
September 13th, 2005, 06:29 PM
ok, so, maybe this is a stupid question, but if you sit a small infant (8weeks or so) on the floor, wouldn't you have to sit them against something.? To prevent them from falling backwards or sideways.
September 13th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Veteran
Nope, not in the bumbo. It uses their own weight strategically placed to hold them upright in it. Actually, the younger babies often sit up in them better than the older ones because they don't move around as much. Matt is always straining to reach his feet or a toy he sees or to look at the carpet. The younger ones tend to just sit there. You have to make sure that they can hold up their head without any difficulty before using it though. Here are a couple of links with information about it.

http://bumbo.ca/features.htm
http://www.bumboseat.com/therapistinfo.html
September 13th, 2005, 08:18 PM
sorry for asking 20 questions, ive just never heard of or seen one of those before
September 13th, 2005, 08:21 PM
BTW...he's adorable
September 13th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Veteran
They were basically recommended by peds and physical/occupational therapists. Now they are becoming pretty common on the general market though. Even Toys-R-Us has a link to the website to order them.

Thanks, I think he's pretty adorable too!
September 16th, 2005, 01:16 PM
baccalynnwv's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh gosh he is cute.. lol... that seat looks interesting. i'd never heard of it either...

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6</div>
September 16th, 2005, 01:24 PM
jamie1005's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cousin bought me one of those, I think they are so neat! I won't be using it for a little while since my baby isn't even here yet, but I'm glad you posted how much you like it! Its always good to hear testimonials that you know are real!

</div>
September 16th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Veteran
It makes a great booster seat for restaurants!
September 16th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Amandalulu's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this is the second time I saw one of these, I wonder where in Canada I could get one, that shipping wouldn't be an arm and a leg.
September 16th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I checked them out on ebay.. I was going to get one for Braxton at one time.. But I didn't have the money...
September 19th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Ashes78
I want one soo bad but I cant talk dh into letting me get one. He says Xander has enough stuff to sit in! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search