Where do you shop?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Ashes78
I have noticed that most places that carry plus sized clothes don't have clothes that fit me right. I am plus sized and also short. If I buy something that fits around my chest and waist it is always too long...grrr. If I knew how to sew I would just cut them off but I have never sewn in my life.
September 19th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Veteran
I like Fashion Bug Plus. They have a lot of cute things. And I like Cato's. I go to Lane Bryant if I want something a bit nicer. I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal though, since I'm a SAHM.
September 21st, 2005, 03:56 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I live in Canada, so I don't know if this will help, or if we even have the same stores. But, here goes. I shop at Penningtons and Reitmans. They're both from the same company. Penningtons is a 14+ store, and Reitmans has a 14+ section but they only go up to size 22, and sometimes the pants are cut small so I have to SQUEEZE into them, if I make it into them at all! UGH. I agree with you though, I am short and fat and it is hard to find things that fit perfectly! Here's a trick for you, if you don't sew: you can buy fabric tape at any fabric store! Turn the pants up to what level you want them...stick the fabric tape in the hem you've created...iron, and PRESTO! Your pants are hemmed!

September 21st, 2005, 05:43 AM
Ashes78
Cool! Thanks.
September 22nd, 2005, 02:29 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
No problem!
Let me know how it works for you!

October 6th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Violettesmumm's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Violettesmumm
I shop at Fashion Bug, and Old Navy online when I am not hugely pregnant

October 6th, 2005, 01:38 PM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Rusha@Sep 21 2005, 06:56 AM
I live in Canada, so I don't know if this will help, or if we even have the same stores. But, here goes. I shop at Penningtons and Reitmans. They're both from the same company. Penningtons is a 14+ store, and Reitmans has a 14+ section but they only go up to size 22, and sometimes the pants are cut small so I have to SQUEEZE into them, if I make it into them at all! UGH. I agree with you though, I am short and fat and it is hard to find things that fit perfectly! Here's a trick for you, if you don't sew: you can buy fabric tape at any fabric store! Turn the pants up to what level you want them...stick the fabric tape in the hem you've created...iron, and PRESTO! Your pants are hemmed!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I have found that some of reitmans sizes r=tend to run smallish too..but they are nice quality and affordable!

October 17th, 2005, 08:42 AM
VermontMommy's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to VermontMommy Send a message via Yahoo to VermontMommy
Old Navy, CJ Banks, Lane Bryant or JCPenney's

</div>
October 17th, 2005, 12:20 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Our Old Navy has plus sizes. I just finished being prego, and they didn't have plus size before I was prego, but I just bouht a sweater there, and it fits me great. I haven't tried the pants yet, but I'm short too.

October 17th, 2005, 12:47 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I really like Lane Bryant, although sometimes length is a problem.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
October 19th, 2005, 05:23 AM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Reitman's is not in the USA. I am new to Toronto and I HATE stores here.

In the USA, I shopped at Catos (every week they put out new clearance!!! yeah) and Dots (super cheap). For everything else, I hunt down sales, bargains, and clearance like there is no place else to go.

Now, for the Canadian girls... where can I find some place here in Toronto that is cheap but not quality cheap?? There stores here that are supposed to be bargain or low-cost are so ghetto and the items fall apart or don't work. What are some PLUS SIZE maternity stores that aren't expensive? I guess I am just not used to Toronto prices.

I miss texas.

So Crunchy
October 25th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If your in the Toronto area try shopping at Addionelle (they also have an outlet store but I find it caters to their older clientel). The clothes are trendy and fit well. Reitman's is pretty decent too, as is Old Navy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search