Any pregnant plus sizers?

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2005, 03:23 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
Hey all!!

I started my pre-pregnancy at 195 lbs.. I was 180 lbs but after I quit smoking the first time I put on 20 lbs and lost 10 lbs when I picked smoking back up. Well after I found out I was pregnant this time, I have gained 15 lbs in 9 weeks. Not happy with that, but my doctor is not concerned, but I am. and I feel like the only one in the world who has gained so much weight in the first trimester. I dont want to feel guilty about eating because I have been through a lot to be able to have a baby. It would just be nice to meet someone like me.

I started at 250 lbs, lost 70 klbs on weight watchers, and like I said when I quit smoking the first time I gained weight.
October 6th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I am pregnant (but hopefully not for much longer). My prepregnancy weight was 295 lbs. (OH MY GOSH!) because of a thryroid disorder, and well,let's face it...eating crappy.

Since being pregnant I have lost 25 lbs! WOO! I eat better now...but still would love to lose weight after baby!

October 6th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Mommy2Monkeys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via MSN to Mommy2Monkeys Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Monkeys
I am pregnant ... at 20 weeks I have actually lost 3 lbs so I would say I gained 6 to 8 lbs so far .... but I gave up soda all of it! and I drink a TON of water now so that helps. If you are worried you can talk to your doc and work on your diet .... I was lucky this lil one is craving TONS of fruit lol

Our Family Blog My Scrap Blog
October 7th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Cameron-n-JaydensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pregnant also! I was on the "Dr. Phil" diet and lost like 20 lbs...and then got pregnant. The same thing happened when I got pregnant with my son! I get pregnant apparently when I lose weight! I was at 230 before I got pregnant and then still lost some after I got pregnant because of m/s. I have only went back up to 235 so I really have not gained much from prepregnancy weight. But doctor is happy cause she didnt want me to gain to much! So so far so good!

I plan on going back to the dr phil diet after baby is born, it really seemed to work! I will just have to be careful to not get pregnant again!!!

October 7th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
me! I've lost 3 pounds in my first trimester, but got pregnant weighing my all time high of 216. My doctor has seemed quite please with my weight and my health.

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
October 7th, 2005, 01:02 PM
chelenember's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to chelenember
I lost 10lbs during my first trimester. I was 288 prepreg and now at 15 weeks I am 279. I hope that after baby I can keep up with what I am eating now. I also hope I don't go back to smoking. I want everything to improve so I will be around for the baby and DH for a long time!

thanks Springbokkie for my beautiful siggy

October 10th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Kennysm0m's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Kennysm0m
I am 22 weeks and 4 days today. I lost 120lbs after I had my son and was very proud of my 177lbs. THEN I got off of birth control and started packing on the weight. My Doctor told me that my body actually works really well on the birth control and it was helping me keep the weight off. Well by the time I got PG I was up to 194. I am now 214 and the doctor says that I am doing great. I was GD last time and maybe again this time so I may not gain much more if I am diagnosed with GD. Last time the diet for the GD made me loose weight while I was PG. I hope I dont have it this time but it was a good way to make sure that I did not gain too much. I am so happy that there are some other mommies here that are not all skinny and pg. I feel all fat because my belly was a little beig before I got PG and now with the baby growing under it I look like Im 7 months already. Also I have a crease in my belly and it doesnt look all cute like the other belly pics on the Feb due date club board.. So, anyway I am happy to know that you are out there you guys make me feel not so alone. Anyone in my boat who wants to make a due date buddy I would be very happy to receive pm's from you.

cameron's-mommy I think we have the same due date!

Jess

October 10th, 2005, 01:42 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
Yea thats good to know, but I wish i could find someone gaining weight fast and not losing it, like most of you are... LOL

ISN'T THERE SOMEONE OUT THERE who gained weight rapidly and fast during their first trimester?
October 10th, 2005, 02:06 PM
kayzie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kayzie Send a message via Yahoo to kayzie
My first daughter I started at 200lbs (I had just lost 50 at weight watchers)
I gained 60lbs...

My second daughter I started at 250 and I ended up at 270]

This pregnancy I started at 290 and I just hit 300 this week (Im 23 weeks pregnant) So Im a little jealous of you plus size moms LOSING weight!! I do know that if I can keep my whole gain to 20 pounds I should be about the same going in as I am a couple weeks after birth. Id be happy with that since last couple times I gained a lot!!

then Im going on WW again to keep diabetes away. I am hypothyroid, borderline diabetic (and gest diabetic when I am pregnant ) and I have PCOS...I have so much working against me weight wise!!
October 10th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Cameron-n-JaydensMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Kennysm0m@Oct 10 2005, 02:16 PM
I am 22 weeks and 4 days today. I lost 120lbs after I had my son and was very proud of my 177lbs. THEN I got off of birth control and started packing on the weight. My Doctor told me that my body actually works really well on the birth control and it was helping me keep the weight off. Well by the time I got PG I was up to 194. I am now 214 and the doctor says that I am doing great. I was GD last time and maybe again this time so I may not gain much more if I am diagnosed with GD. Last time the diet for the GD made me loose weight while I was PG. I hope I dont have it this time but it was a good way to make sure that I did not gain too much. I am so happy that there are some other mommies here that are not all skinny and pg.* I feel all fat because my belly was a little beig before I got PG and now with the baby growing under it I look like Im 7 months already. Also I have a crease in my belly and it doesnt look all cute like the other belly pics on the Feb due date club board..* * So, anyway I am happy to know that you are out there you guys make me feel not so alone. Anyone in my boat who wants to make a due date buddy I would be very happy to receive pm's from you.

cameron's-mommy I think we have the same due date!

Jess

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Jess---I feel you on all that! THats why I dont post my belly pics! I really dont even look pregnant unless I am laying down!
I too have a "crease" and I just look really fat instead of pregnant! It sucks! I have to wear maternity clothes to look pregnant! I can still wear all my sweats and stuff but in order to look really pregnant the only thing that works is maternity clothes!

And it doesnt help matters that all I want to eat is unhealthy!!!! Junk food is all I want to eat!

And yep I am due the 9th of feb also! pm me if you want to chat!

October 11th, 2005, 04:45 AM
syncere
Quote:
Originally posted by sandycheeks@Oct 10 2005, 03:42 PM
Yea thats good to know, but I wish i could find someone gaining weight fast and not losing it, like most of you are... LOL

ISN'T THERE SOMEONE OUT THERE who gained weight rapidly and fast during their first trimester?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

when I had my son i went from 175-250 yikes right? I put on about 30 pounds or so in the first trimester so Ive been there and done that.. Now this one that Im pg with now I havent gained any weight and to be honest I kind of wish I would because it would make me feel better as it stands right now I am always worried my baby is getting enough nutrients etc or isnt growing properly.. Im not saying to be happy if you are packing on the pounds and this makes you upset but, Id be happy lol
October 11th, 2005, 05:19 AM
PIXIEDUST's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I gained VERY fast in my first trimester..more than a pound a week

November 5th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
With both boys I started off heavy... 200 plus pounds.. I lost weight in the first trimester with both.. But with Braxton it was different.. I started off at 250 and I had severe morning sickness.. Anything that when in came right back up... I lost 35 pounds the first trimester with him... At the end of the pregnancy. I had gained back up to 240 pounds.. And 3 weeks post partum I weighed in at less than my pre pregnancy weight.. A weight I hadn't been at since before my oldest son was born 215 pounds.. Then I started slowly puttin weight on when Braxton was 5 or 6 months old... I reached back to 245... I went to the doctor to get put on a diet.. I was finally going to get myself then... But to my surprise I was pregnant... With this one I lost 12 pounds but I gained it back.. Only to lose 3 pounds because I had caught the bug...
November 6th, 2005, 02:57 PM
jenn72's Avatar Member
I too am plus-sized and pregnant. I really did not gain much through the first two trimesters though - I did not look pregnant at all, just overweight. The third trimester has been a different story. Half of my total pregnancy weight gain of 27 pounds has been in the last few weeks. I now look pregnant and overweight
November 18th, 2005, 12:22 PM
kraeon's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Sandy!!! I just first off want to congratulate you on your pregnancy!!! i am so excited for you!
and now to the sucky part....I was on Atkins and had lost about 30 pounds before i found out i was pregnant and then my MIL(soon to be) decided I needed carbs when she found out i was pregnant...so i gained it all back and then some....but i am starting to level out now i am currently at 220 if i remember properly.
November 18th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad to have found the forum. I am 9wks 4days and I have gained 9 lbs. These lbs are not going anywhere. My eating does not seem crazy , but my scale says differently. Oh well I am not going to worry about it now . I am so happy and have 2 boys who will not let me feel down. B
November 19th, 2005, 10:43 PM
*Helen*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone,

I am also plus size & pg. I am trying EVERYTHING to keep my weight gain to a minimum. My doctor wants me to gain 25-35 pounds. I'm hoping for the 15-25 pound mark if possible. My problem is trying to find plus size maternity clothes. I know I'm not going to be "cutesy" but I don't want to spend the 2nd & 3rd trimester in sweats and baggy t-shirts.....no offense to anyone.

Mom2boys, looks like we are due at the same time, thats neat

Any advice you ladies have would be greatly appreciated, tia.

November 22nd, 2005, 03:53 AM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello. I am in the same boat.

The highest weight I have ever been is 278. I moved in with my husband (long distance relationships suck!!)in Canada. Then, I lost down to 260 (according to my first prental visit). I did this by basically walking, eating less junk food, etc. I did not plan on the weight loss. The last time I went to my midwife. I weighed 268. That was Nov. 2nd. They changed scales. I think the scale is off by atleast 4 lbs if not more. My face is noticeably fatter.

I really depressed because I wanted a pregnant body. I don't look pregnant. I know my body is changing. My belly fat hangs down lower. The boobs are bigger, etc. But I wanted the hard pregnant belly!

To be honest, I know my weight gain is from eating nothing but carbs. I don't enjoy meat. I buy fruit and vegetables and seem to forget I have them. I also spend a large amount of time in bed. I really let myself go. I been depressed about livng in a basement apartment. I have been bored(dont have a tv). I have been lonely (in another country without family!!). I hate taking the public transit so I just stay inside.

God willing, next week I will be back home in Texas. I'll have my car, my tv, WINDOWS, sunlight, my family and my cute neices and nephew to be around for company. I am going to cut out all fruit juices (gosh I love them so much.) and get back to my healthier ways. For example, I'd chop up a bunch of fruit and nuts and graze in the morning. Then, I'd eat a lunch and proceed to chop up a bowl full of veggies and graze till dinner.

Gosh this is long, but it feels good to talk about it. I am so scared something bad is going to happen to me because I am so fat.
I also don't want everyone to see me all fat. I feel embarrased.

So Crunchy
November 22nd, 2005, 03:54 AM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just praying I don't get to 300.

So Crunchy
December 20th, 2005, 01:45 PM
sweet7696's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone! I started out at a tight 14 and 194lbs... During my first trimester I could barely eat or drink anything other than sprite, so I lost 10lbs... I finally added about 2lbs right after my second trimester started, but I've lost that again.... I'm starting to get concerned that I'm not going to be able to put on the weight needed to sustain the baby... Anyone else nervous about that?
Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search