terrified

Forum: Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Plus Size Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I cried myself to sleep last night.

I got thinking about how overweight I am (I need to lose like 120 lbs.) and what would happen if I just couldn't do it and died during or after childbirth. What if my heart gives out? What if I just don't make it?

Every time I go to my prenatal class, there is this girl who is a fitness trainer who ALWAYS makes it a point to say that labor is like running a marathon. I CAN'T RUN A MARATHON! My heart would just give out. So what happens if it does this now?

I can't stand to think about dying and leaving behind my hubby and baby. But last night...I did...and it terrified me.

Did anyone else experience these thoughts?

October 6th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Ashes78
I never thought about it when I was pregnant but I am sure you will be fine. Never heard of it being like running a marathon...if it were like that I wouldn't have made it either..hehe...but I have 2 kiddos though and I did just fine. I know several women who weigh more and have had no problems at all. I know how it is to worry about things though. I hope you start feeling better about it.
October 7th, 2005, 03:36 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure everything will be o.k. I've never given birth, so I can't say from personal experience how it will be. Has your Dr said anything about it? Maybe you could ask them and that would maybe ease your mind a little?
October 7th, 2005, 12:09 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The body is much stronger than you realize. I've had 2 kids (and pre-preg i could stand to lose 100lbs) and it was a piece of cake. In between the 2 pregnancies i was diagnosed w/ a thyroid disease that made my resting pulse rate 140 beats/minute, gave me palpitations, made me lose 70lbs in 3 months (unfortunately came back on when health improved). One dr. said if i would have been diagnosed a month later i would have died. The body is tough - you are stronger than you think. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
October 7th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Veteran
The adenaline kicks in during labor and pulls you through. I have severe asthma and all the extra weight from the pregnancy didnt help my breathing any. I did lose my breath a few times during pushing, but I made it though and delivered a 9 lb baby vaginally. And I never even had to use my inhaler during it. Labor is exhausting, but you will make it. You will be concentrating on pushing the baby out so much that you won't even really realize how much effort you are putting into it. Don't worry. It's not as bad as you expect it to be.
October 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Thanks ladies!

I feel a bit better now.

It could just have been pregnancy hormones...LOL!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search