If you are WTTC

WTTC/NTTC

For women who are waiting to try to conceive or who are done trying to conceive after recurrent loss.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC/NTTC LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2010, 09:41 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are WTTC, what are you waiting on? Are you waiting on testing or a diagnosis, waiting to be emotionally ready, timing, etc?

I'm WTTC until next year. I'm not at all emotionally ready to add another child to our family or to go down the scary pregnancy path. Even though I was able to have Grace, I feel that it's still possible that she was a fluke. I still only made it to 34 weeks and my body had started shutting down on my several weeks before that.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 1st, 2010, 10:04 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm WTTC on 2 things :

* Emotional readiness. I've had 3 losses, and all of my pregnancies ended before I even reached the time of my first due date which is November 9th. I need time to grieve, really reflect on what has happened and I'm just not ready. 3 losses in a 6-month timespan is too much for me. So I'm waiting at least until April 2d 2011

* Diagnosis. I know it can take awhile to get an actual diagnosis, despite having a lot of test results already showing that something is wrong. I want to have a well-thought-out treatment plan, all-cards-on-table pregnancy next time. As much as possible anyway.

How did you know that you were ready to TTC again after Sophie, or was Grace a wonderful surprise?

September 1st, 2010, 10:25 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm waiting, not by choice ...I need to get retested for lupus anticoag 12 weeks after my first test, so i'm thinking the begining of November...I'm also still having problems with my bleeding artery in my uterus...who knows when that's going to heal...I'm actually not sure I can TTC ever again...Even if the artery heals, I guess I should give it a little time before I get pregnant again...I'm hoping that i'll be able to TTC in December.

September 1st, 2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_waiting_for_baby View Post
I'm WTTC on 2 things :

* Emotional readiness. I've had 3 losses, and all of my pregnancies ended before I even reached the time of my first due date which is November 9th. I need time to grieve, really reflect on what has happened and I'm just not ready. 3 losses in a 6-month timespan is too much for me. So I'm waiting at least until April 2d 2011

* Diagnosis. I know it can take awhile to get an actual diagnosis, despite having a lot of test results already showing that something is wrong. I want to have a well-thought-out treatment plan, all-cards-on-table pregnancy next time. As much as possible anyway.

How did you know that you were ready to TTC again after Sophie, or was Grace a wonderful surprise?

Well, Sophie was my 2nd loss, and we got pregnant again 4 months later. That also ended in MC. I think I wanted to try that 3rd time to prove that I could have a baby. When that failed, I quit in my heart. DH deployed soon after for 15 months to Iraq, so it wasn't an option to TTC anyways. But I was convinced I would never, ever put myself through the fear of pregnancy again.

When DH came home from deployment he wanted to start trying again right away, but I just couldn't. 3 months later he finally wore me down and I agreed to NTNP. I just couldn't go through the charting, obsessing, etc again. 2 weeks after I agreed to NTNP, I got pregnant with Grace.

That time off from worrying about babies really did help me heal. I also lost that obsession to PROVE to myself that I could do it. I was a little more easy going in my pregnancy with Grace, which might have helped. But it was also the first pregnancy that I was on baby asprin and progesterone, and I'm convinced that's why I was able to keep her in for 34 weeks.

Big hugs Lex, and you too Megan! I know how heartbreaking and scary of a journey it is. All I can tell you is that when you give your heart time to heal a little, you'll be able to think more clearly about trying again. It's definitely not something you have to figure out now. I love you guys!

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 2nd, 2010, 06:33 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Lex,

For me, after losing Gwen, I was convinced I was done forever. After about 3 months (about the time I found JM) I decided I felt strong enough to try again. After the loss of Aiden, we waited a year (til I could get insurance) and started testing. After the testing, I thought we had found our cause, ttc again, conceived Jillian, only to lose her right away. At that point my OB told me that he wanted me to try clomid, so we didn't even wait a single cycle after her loss to try again.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 7th, 2010, 11:21 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am waiting and praying that DH will have a change of heart. I desperately want another baby, however DH just won't entertain the idea. He is more scared than me to go through another loss. I don't want to put my family through the pain again .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 7th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I'm having a similar problem Jessi. I know how heartbreaking it can be to not have your husband on board. Big hugs to you!

January 26th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Mommysbabybear's Avatar Veteran
We are wttc per doctors order for a year due to 3 losses in 8 months. Want to but I think maybe we shall listen to the doctor to prevent another devastating end to a pregnancy.

January 27th, 2011, 07:51 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
mommysbabybear sometimes waiting can be so healing. I didn't believe it, but its been 11 months since our last loss and honestly I am in such a better place than I was last time we had a loss and then TTCAL. I think a break is good for the body and the soul. I hope you can find out what is going on and have a successful pregnancy next time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search