How are you?

WTTC/NTTC

For women who are waiting to try to conceive or who are done trying to conceive after recurrent loss.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC/NTTC LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2010, 05:50 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do you feel about being in this stage of your life? Does it make you sad to see other pregnant ladies, or ladies that are still TTC? Or do you feel good about being in this stage?

I'm currently WTTC, and feel great about it. However, DH has been dropping hints that he doesn't know if he wants another baby. He's afraid with his crazy work schedule that he'll never have time to split between 2 kids. I'm not at all ready to TTC again, but I will be heartbroken if he fights me over a second baby.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are WTTC and it is kind of driving me nuts. Seems like everyone on FB is announcing a pregnancy, early too. One girl I went to HS with was supposed to be able to have children, don't know if it was true or not , but she is 34 weeks and I hate her for it. I hate seeing all of these people pregnant or able to talk so freely about it. October 6 is not getting here fast enough, that is my RE apt with the new Dr. But even after I get more answers we can''t start trying because of money and DH and I are having some issues. Just want life to be okay so I can do what I want with it.

September 12th, 2010, 12:12 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm WTTC for a few months...I'm being forced into it, but at the same time i'm glad...Yesterday was the first time we prevented pregnancy in almost 2 years!!! It was really weird...I'm coming up on 1 year since I lost ella...I'm also finding it hard seeing people getting pregnant that had a baby around her due date, like they are getting 2 babies and i'm still waiting for my one ...I'm also coming up on my 2nd EDD with the 2nd baby I lost in April, which falls 2 days before I last felt Ella move...I was so happy that I was going to have a baby by her 1st birthday, and now instead of i'm in limbo wondering if i'll ever be able to carry another baby to term ...I hate seeing pregnant woman, I hate hearing about pregnant woman...I'm jealous and angry...I try really hard not to be like that, but I just can't help it...I can't feel happy for anyone right now...I hate feeling that way

September 12th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I was talking with DH and I said "I think we just need to get used to the idea now that all of our friends are going to have children before us, and by the time we leave this city in 3 years we'll probably still have empty arms."

We have agreed no adoption until after the move in 3 years (linked to his career). And I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but I really think that either my health issues will prove scarier than we thought at first and we'll decide to avoid until a cure is found, IF one ever is, either I'll have another loss. And I can't keep doing this. So I think that we may be here for a long time.

I feel like this is a very odd place to be in. Just a year and a half ago we were WTTC. And I was kicking and screaming, begging DH daily to TTC LOL that makes me sound like a brat. Maybe I was, just a little.
Now we both want to wait.

I have been reading a lot of stories lately. I've been looking for happy endings after RPL.
I'm trying to get used to all the possible outcomes.

There's the fairytale ending of my dreams : another pregnancy, soon, within a year or two tops, ending in the birth of twins. We would then have our dream of 2 children and we'd live happily ever after.

Then the slightly scarier alternative involving the birth of ONE baby. Then we'd be in your shoes, Amber.

Then the other happy ending would be adopting a child, or two. This could combine with the 2d happy end.

We could, at this point, decide to be content with having just one child and not try for more.

But I've also been reading stories of couples who decided in the end to be happy just the two of them, and remain a family of two, and who still live fulfilling lives that way.

It's the worst case scenario for me, and I find it comforting that even the worst thing that could happen could still turn out not that bad, and even fulfilling.

Last edited by Lex&angels; September 12th, 2010 at 01:41 PM.
September 12th, 2010, 02:10 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me being in this stage is almost a relief. Since having Grace, it's been the first time in my marriage really where I haven't had to stress about trying to get pregnant, or trying to avoid because it's too soon after a loss, we're not ready, etc.

That being said, I can totally sympathize with all of your feelings of almost hating pregnant women. God, I seriously remember that like it was yesterday. I STILL get jealous of pregnant women who can simply THINK about getting pregnant and 9 months later out pops a perfectly healthy, normal baby. And those tend to be the women who complain about their pregnancies the whole time.

I guess that never really goes away...

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search