We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
How depressing is this, I have no breasts due to double mastecomy, and have a clogged milk duct that has become infected. Called the dr. and the nurse tells me to keep feeding on this side......um hello......I just told her three times, I HAVE NO BREASTS/NIPPLES to feed from!! She finally gets it, and tells me to use ice packs to get the swelling down. I have been so depressed about not feeding my baby, now I get the joy of a clogged duct, which is like 3% chance for someone like me, as they removed 97% of my breast during the surgery.....
Sorrry had to vent, thanks for listening!
Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy..]
Momma of 7 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come! l
That totally stinks. I would say hot over cold too but I'm guessing they said cold because it should help to relieve the pain but not neccesarily encourage more milk production? I really hope u feel better soon!
I'm sorry. Try both the warm and cold and see what feels best for you. Also don't feel to badly about not being able to BF your baby. You can use formula and your baby will still be strong and healthy and she will still bond with you if that's something you're also worried about. You can always try skin to skin contact when you feed her to encourage that if you wanted to.
Ouch!!! I'm sorry hun - i know how bad that hurts - the other thing that felt good to me besides an ice pack was putting a washcloth in hot water - putting it in a plastic bag and then in my bra and walking around like that - nice and warm and really help relieve some pain. I hope it clears up quick!!