Wondering if I am pregnant...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Hello ladies! I was wondering if you could give me a little help here. Me and my DH have been married for almost 1 year. I have very regular cycles (I have never, ever missed a period before in my life). I'm in my twenties. My LMP was 10/04. I skipped this month, and that has never happed before. We BD around the time of my ovulation (before, during, and after - LOL). I have been midly cramping since Fri. 11/04, but no bleeding. Feeling tired. Not naucious, though. My breasts are extremely sore, but have not changed color / size yet. I am not under any stress, and have never been on birth control, or have taken any fertility medications. I took an Walmart brand pregnacy test on Sat. 11/05, and it came back --. I took another test (same brand) on Mon. 11/07, and it also came back --. I'm kind of confused and concerned here. I really believe that I am pregnant. I thought of waiting until Sat. 11/12 before retesting. Has this happened to anyone else before? I would like to know one way or the other soon. Thanks for the help!

Thanks,
c&kbaby05
November 8th, 2005, 07:49 AM
wantababy26's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello! Welcome to JM!!! This is a great place to chat! Well just from the description you gave I personally would say you have a very good chance of being pregnant. Especially considering your past with regular periods and no form of BC. I know in some cases the HGC levels are hard to detect on home pregnancy tests early but it sounds like you are always right on time with AF. I think if I were you I would wait till saturday and test again. That way if for some reason you ovulated late it will give a HPT that much more time to work right and give you an accurate response. I hope you get a BFP! My last AF was 10/28/05 and I have been hoping for a BFP, but no such luck yet! But I was on the shot and haven't had regular periods since I quit the shot last december! Yours sounds much more positive....good luck!!! Lots of baby dust! Try to wait till saturday and see what happens!

Jake December 13th, 2006 6lbs 15oz. Jake 2 years 33lbs!!!!! What a big boy!

November 8th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Choose joy
Our bodies can be so tricky! I would say to test again with a different kind of test on the 12th. How long are your cycles, usually? I'm not one to say run to the dr. for a blood test, but if you're two weeks late w/ no BFP you might want to consider that. That way they could tell you what's going on either way. Hope you get some answers (and your BFP) soon!
November 8th, 2005, 08:12 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM and to the TTC #1 board. Your symptoms do sound promising - wait a few days and test again. If the test is still negative and you still don't have AF then I would see the doctor about a blood test. Some ladies take a long time to register on a HPT and some never register + on a HPT, but are preggers. Good luck and lots of baby dust. Keep us posted!
November 8th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome to JM. No AF yet (I am having some very light and mild "spotting" - hopefully it's implantation bleeding, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up). My cycles are every 31 days and last for a full 7 days. My LMP was 10/04, so my next period should have been 11/04. My periods start off light, and then go to heavy and then back to light around day 5 with tons of cramps, leg aches, back aches, headache, etc. I took an early pregnacy test today (I couldn't resist), came back --. I should have known better. Oh well! Also, has any one else ever had their cycles to be regular than suddenly skip a month for no reason? Also, has any one had implantatin bleeding? What are the characteristics? Is this a common symptom? How long does it last? Thanks for the replies everyone! It'll be nice to chat with other ttc ladies.
November 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that AF showed up this am....bummer! But, it's okay because we weren't really trying anyway - we missed a few days of BD looking back. We are planning on REALLY trying this month - everythings on go! Hopefully, my 31CD will return to normal, instead of 35CD!!! Thanks for the replies! Baby dust to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c&kbaby05
November 9th, 2005, 08:04 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry the witch showed. Sending you lots of baby dust for the next cycle.
November 9th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Hi, sorry I'm late in welcoming you to JM. I'm sorry that AF showed up. She has a way of messing with our minds. Good luck for next cycle. *BABYDUST*

November 9th, 2005, 08:23 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Welcome! As I was reading through the posts, I was hoping for a happy ending. Sorry. BUT at least you know where AF was and you can start trying this cycle, right???

Good luck, and again, welcome!

November 9th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I too am late in welcoming you, but welcome! I'm sorry that AF came, good luck this cycle!
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
November 9th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all of the replies again! We are planning on definitely trying this cycle. Hopefully, things will work out better! Thanks for the encouragement!! :-)
November 9th, 2005, 06:34 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about AF coming,, it sounded for sure like you were, it sounded just like when I found out I was pg. Good luck this cycle!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

November 10th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by c&kbaby05@Nov 8 2005, 03:30 AM
Hello ladies!* I was wondering if you could give me a little help here.* Me and my DH have been married for almost 1 year.* I have very regular cycles (I have never, ever missed a period before in my life).* I'm in my twenties.* My LMP was 10/04.* I skipped this month, and that has never happed before. We BD around the time of my ovulation (before, during, and after - LOL).* I have been midly cramping since Fri. 11/04, but no bleeding.* Feeling tired.* Not naucious, though.* My breasts are extremely sore, but have not changed color / size yet.* I am not under any stress, and have never been on birth control, or have taken any fertility medications.* I took an Walmart brand pregnacy test on Sat. 11/05, and it came back --.* I took another test (same brand) on Mon. 11/07, and it also came back --.* I'm kind of confused and concerned here.* I really believe that I am pregnant.* I thought of waiting until Sat. 11/12 before retesting.* Has this happened to anyone else before?* I would like to know one way or the other soon.* Thanks for the help!*

Thanks,
c&kbaby05
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Hi my name is Jill. I'm pregnant with my second child which this one is a boy this time. If you are pregnant you would be 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant( check out the due date calculator on this website) and your due date would be July 11, 2006. This pregnancy has been totally different for me. with my daughter I was always sick up until week 12. This one I have only thrown up 2 times. This one is a boy. I am currently 29 weeks and 3 days pregnant with 10 weeks and 4 days to go. Instead of being nauseas with this one I was more tired and my breasts were really sore. If i were you I would make an appointment with your doc to get a blood test done because when I tried the home tests this time they all camr back negative. Feel free to email me anytime with any questions that you might have. My email address is Jill.Jones@hawaii.med.navy.mil .

Jill Jones

href="http://www.tickercentral.com"></a>

November 10th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by c&kbaby05@Nov 8 2005, 03:30 AM
Hello ladies!* I was wondering if you could give me a little help here.* Me and my DH have been married for almost 1 year.* I have very regular cycles (I have never, ever missed a period before in my life).* I'm in my twenties.* My LMP was 10/04.* I skipped this month, and that has never happed before. We BD around the time of my ovulation (before, during, and after - LOL).* I have been midly cramping since Fri. 11/04, but no bleeding.* Feeling tired.* Not naucious, though.* My breasts are extremely sore, but have not changed color / size yet.* I am not under any stress, and have never been on birth control, or have taken any fertility medications.* I took an Walmart brand pregnacy test on Sat. 11/05, and it came back --.* I took another test (same brand) on Mon. 11/07, and it also came back --.* I'm kind of confused and concerned here.* I really believe that I am pregnant.* I thought of waiting until Sat. 11/12 before retesting.* Has this happened to anyone else before?* I would like to know one way or the other soon.* Thanks for the help!*

Thanks,
c&kbaby05
[/quote]

Hi my name is Jill. I'm pregnant with my second child which this one is a boy this time. If you are pregnant you would be 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant( check out the due date calculator on this website) and your due date would be July 11, 2006. This pregnancy has been totally different for me. with my daughter I was always sick up until week 12. This one I have only thrown up 2 times. This one is a boy. I am currently 29 weeks and 3 days pregnant with 10 weeks and 4 days to go. Instead of being nauseas with this one I was more tired and my breasts were really sore. If i were you I would make an appointment with your doc to get a blood test done because when I tried the home tests this time they all camr back negative. Feel free to email me anytime with any questions that you might have. My email address is Jill.Jones@hawaii.med.navy.mil .

Jill Jones

href="http://www.tickercentral.com"></a>

November 13th, 2005, 03:16 PM
monkhester
Quote:
Originally posted by c&kbaby05@Nov 9 2005, 09:49 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that AF showed up this am....bummer!* But, it's okay because we weren't really trying anyway - we missed a few days of BD looking back.* We are planning on REALLY trying this month - everythings on go!* Hopefully, my 31CD will return to normal, instead of 35CD!!! Thanks for the replies!* Baby dust to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c&kbaby05
[/quote]
Sorry. That is a bummer. Good luck this cycle!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search