Just needing to vent a little

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Kangaroo510
For those of you who don't know, up until Tuesday my husband and I thought we had a pretty good chance of being pregnant. I was feeling some nausea and a little bit of cramping right around the time implantation should have taken place. Then Tuesday I woke up with a very bad pain in my back. I went to work and worked through the pain and I came home at about 11am and the pain just escalated! It took over my entire right side/back/abdomen. I was scared that it might be an appendicitis or maybe an ectopic pregnancy since I had been ready that those cause a lot of pain around the tubes. I ended up calling our nurse line and she said I needed to get to the ER (she was worried about ovarian problems) so my husband rushed home and rushed me back out the door to the ER. It didn't take me too long in the ER. I waited in the waiting room for about 15 min, laying on the floor most of the time since I was feeling the most excrutiating pain I have ever felt. They took me back to triage to check my vitals and such and then the nurse tried to send me back to the waiting room but I told her I was about to pass out and throw up all at the same time so I laid on the floor in the triage room, nearly passed out, then threw up in bucket! That got me a bed a lot quicker! Advice to anybody in terrible pain waiting in the er... PUKE AND PASS OUT! Works like a charm. So, they figured that I had a kidney stone and they wanted to do some tests and give me some meds but since there was such a good chance we were pregnant they had to check that first. They did give me some wonderful pain meds that wouldn't hurt the baby if there was one and boy did I enjoy those! I felt soooo good! My husband joked with me saying that I did all of this just so I could find out early if we were pregnant or not. I told him that finding out 4 days early was deffinately NOT worth this much pain. So, the pg test came back negative. At first I was kinda sad but at the same time I was relieved because I didn't want to go through this kind of thing in my babies first weeks of life. So, the hospital took great care of me and after a CT scan they sent me home. I felt pretty good tuesday night and wednesday morning (and my husband and I were stil secretly hopeing we were still pregnant and it was just too early to tell) but later on in the day on wednesday I started getting the chills. It was 80 degrees outside and I was wearing a sweatshirt and shivering. By the end of the day Wednesday I had a fever of 104.1 and luckily we got it down on our own and avoided a seconed trip to the ER. So, since Wednesday I've been battling a fever, chills and starting yesterday I got the joy of lots of nausea and sever lightheadedness, which I guess happens when you spend a few days lying down. So, I'm still sad that this month wasn't our month for baby number 1 but I'm glad in the end because yesterday I would have boiled the poor thing. I would have had a hard boiled egg roaming around in there! (Hey, if you loose your sense of humor, all is lost!) We are hoping to begin trying again after this next AF shows but due to all the stress my body has been through I don't know if she will show or if I will O as usual. It's pretty much just a rollercoaster of emotion. I just needed a place to share my story and my sadness about not conceiving on the first shot and maybe not being able to try for next month. I know we have plenty of time. Like I've said before, it will all happen in Gods timing!

Ladies, thanks for listening. I'm going to jump back on the thread and play some of the games you all have started while I'm feeling up too it. I need something to take my mind off of all of this sad stuff and the blah stuff! Thanks again!!

Babydust for everybody! (I'll give you all of mine until next month!)
November 11th, 2005, 08:17 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you had to go through so much. Sending you get well quick dust, followed by ovulation dust so that you can use your baby dust again. Good luck with the next cycle of trying.
November 11th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Pari_Ameenah
oh, i'm so sorry that all this horrid stuff happened to you, i hope you get well soon, lots of and ovulation dust!

Lyn x
November 11th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Wow, what a rollercoaster ride. I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck.

November 11th, 2005, 02:46 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Aw, I'm sorry that you didn't get your baby this cycle, but you're probably right--it would have been a looooooooot of stress worrying about what your illness is doing to him/her!!!

I hope that you feel better soon. Get lots of rest...those ER bills will knock you back out! Baby dust and get well dust to you!

November 11th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Get better soon hon! That stinks!

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

November 12th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Kangaroo510
Thank you so much for all of your support ladies. I am finally feeling better today. I just have to move slowly and think through everything before I do it! It's frustrating but it's better than yesterday!

My wonderful husband is even cleaning the house for me! We have already started talking about tring again this next month but I did have to let him know that my cycle may not be normal because of all of the stress my body went through.

Thanks for the different forms of dust and listening to my really loooong post! Babydust for everybody!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search