Help! Am I pregnant?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2005, 07:37 AM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
This is my first month TTC (and my first post here!!). I Oed fifteen days ago and this entire past week I have felt almost flu-like. Body aches, dizziness in the morning, and just a touch of nausea. AF should be here tomorrow if I'm not PG and last night and this morning I did feel some cramps... but they are nothing like my usual cramps. Usually I have cramps for one day that are really intense but this was more along the lines of just mild discomfort.

I took two First Response pregnancy tests and both were a BFN. Also, I had some discharge this morning that was white and creamy whereas when I am about to start my period, it will be beige or brown for the two or three days beforehand. (Sorry for the TMI.)

Thoughts??

November 12th, 2005, 07:50 AM
angelltn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
<span style="font-family:Arial">Welcome to JM!!!</span>

First of all, are you sure you ovulated. From experience, I've learned that it is very important to rely on something other than counting days. Whether it's temping, watching CM, paying attention to body signs etc.....our bodies can be very tricky. Second of all, if you are absolutely sure that you Oed...I would wait until 1 day after you missed your period to test again. Good Luck, I do hope it's a BFP!!!!

Beth

PS It sounds like you'll fit right in here with the rest of the POAS aholics!!!
November 12th, 2005, 08:35 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome to JM and to the TTC #1 board. Your symptoms sound promising, but it can be hard to tell since AF and Pregnancy symptoms can be very similar. It may be possible that you are pregnant, but just aren't registering positive yet - it takes some ladies time, so I would wait until at least AF is late and test again. Good luck - I hope you get a BFP. Keep us posted.
November 13th, 2005, 03:07 PM
monkhester
Welcome to JM. Good luck on retest!!
November 13th, 2005, 05:54 PM
wantababy26's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome to JM!!! I really hope you get a BFP. I would say to retest in a day or two (if you haven't already)!
Good luck!

Jake December 13th, 2006 6lbs 15oz. Jake 2 years 33lbs!!!!! What a big boy!

November 13th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Welcome to JM. The sypmtoms you have sound promising, but it can go either way. I hope you get your BFP soon. When are you testing again? Good luck.

November 14th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Well, I retested on Sunday after a no show from AF and still a BFN.

Still no period today, but I am trying to not test again.

I'm going to retest (pending no period) on Thursday and if it is negative again, I'm going to see my doctor.

A friend of mine was just telling me yesterday that she has never gotten a BFP on any of the HPTs she took when pregnant with her three children... so maybe I'm just some weird anomaly like that.

November 14th, 2005, 06:43 PM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Welcome to the board. Have you been using fmu when testing? It sounds promising for you..Hope you get that bfp soon!

November 14th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by garshgirl@Nov 14 2005, 10:43 PM

Welcome to the board.* Have you been using fmu when testing?* It sounds promising for you..Hope you get that bfp soon!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

No, I haven't been. The test package says it is better, but that the results will not be affected if you don't.

Quote:
You can use the FIRST RESPONSE® Early Result Pregnancy Test any time of the day. You do not have to use the first morning urine.[/b]

November 14th, 2005, 07:08 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Welcome and good luck in TTC!!! Unless, of course, you've already accomplished what we've all set out to do!!!

I think that they've all brought up some great points--are you sure you O'd? and pregnancy and AF seem to mimic each other, minus the heavy bleeding!

I'd give it a couple more days, retest, then perhaps call your doc for a beta if you still don't have AF.

Best of luck, and again, welcome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search