Are any of you....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2005, 09:44 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a mommy to furbabies? Just for fun I was wondering how many of us have pets? What kind and what is/are their name(s)?

DH and I are parents to 2 kitties: Hobbes our orange tabby pound kittie who is in his terrible twos and Boo our black/brown 9 week old kitten that I rescued from a bush at my work just before halloween.
November 12th, 2005, 09:46 AM
sabina313's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to sabina313 Send a message via Yahoo to sabina313
I got sugargliders.

One mama just had two babies. I have one more female and a male on top of that.

Probably selling the male and one female keeping the rest.

They are so fun but they are a handful. They are always craving attention and if you dont give it to them they bark like dogs. They are funny.
November 12th, 2005, 10:11 AM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
We rescued a german shepard/doberman/chocolate lab named Camilla (we call her Cami) who just turned a year old last week.

November 12th, 2005, 10:11 AM
angelltn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 furbabies...

This is Patch, my 4 year old epileptic cat. She came to the door and we let her in when she was 9 months old. She's my little baby. I was devestate last summer when she fell ill, but was lucky to find a vet that knew right away what the problem was. She lets me craddle her like a baby and is very vocal!! DH says she's spoiled and she's DEFINITELY mommy's little princess.

This is Pounce, DHs 6 year old cat...the only thing he kept from his last marraige. He said he knew I was "the one" when I came to visit my first weekend and Pounce slept in the bed with me. Like his name, he can be sweet at times, but you have to watch him because he'll Pounce on you in a heartbeat!!
November 12th, 2005, 12:21 PM
hardehe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love furbabies!! I have an Anatolian Shepherd named Kaiser. They are a guardian breed from Turkey. He weighs approx. 145 lbs and is bigger than both dh and me!! He just turned a year old in September, and he thinks he's tiny. He crawled up on the couch this morning and got in my lap, which is so cute because he's huge and was billowing over. He's my baby!!
November 12th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
As some already know, I have a chiwawah and her name was Baby, but we decided to change it to Bibiana and call her Bibi, (thanks Sara)

November 12th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980@Nov 12 2005, 12:05 PM
As some already know, I have a chiwawah and her name was Baby, but we decided to change it to Bibiana and call her Bibi, (thanks Sara)
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Hehe your welcome! YOu know, Bibi sounds like Baby so it works great!

We have two corgis, Griffeth and Addiena (Didi for short). We tried to get two kitties once but found out DH was horribly allergic to them so we got the second corgi.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

November 12th, 2005, 09:58 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Well, we got a puppy right before Hurricane Rita was going to hit Texas.....and we evacuated with her....she was great! Her name is Sienna Rita (Sienna or SiSi for short), she is a party colored pomeranian.

Here is a picture shortly after we got her:

The picture in my siggie is the most recent! She will be 4 months old this coming Monday (November 14)!

I want a kitten, but DH says no right now....

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 13th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 4 flat face Persians: Yoda, Vader, Baby Fett, Chewbacca...and 1 outside long haired Orange tabby with green eyes. Her name is Jawa. Jawa adopted us. She was a sewer cat before I started feeding her. Now she's healthy as ever and treated like a Princess. In the winter we add a heating pad to her little bed incase it gets too cold. If it's really cold she goes into the garage.
November 13th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Quote:
Originally posted by wewantaminime@Nov 13 2005, 07:02 PM
I have 4 flat face Persians:* Yoda, Vader, Baby Fett, Chewbacca...and 1 outside long haired Orange tabby with green eyes.* Her name is Jawa.* Jawa adopted us.* She was a sewer cat before I started feeding her.* Now she's healthy as ever* and treated like a Princess.* In the winter we add a heating pad to her little bed incase it gets too cold.* If it's really cold she goes into the garage.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
hehehe, we used to have a dog named Wookie. She looked just like Chewbacca. LOL

November 14th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Butterflytears76998's Avatar Member
i dont have furbabies, but i have feather babies and fuzzbabies and a scalebaby... haha.. i have 3 birds, 2 hamesters and 1 beta fish.

names are

bird #1: phil
bird #2: lil
Bird #3: sweetpea
Hamester #1: thelma
Hamester #2: louise
Fish: freddy the fish

We named the two birds phil and lil, because i got them first and i really wanted a phil and lil and they are twin parakeets. We got sweetpea just about a month ago and i just loved him right away and he was just soo sweet so now i have a sweetpea. and he is a cocatiel. our hamesters are thelma and louise because when we got them we bought the whole packeage (hamesters, house, bedding, food, the works) and when we got home, thier house was broken so we had to go back and get a new one. Well, the hamesters were in a box with a couple holes poked in it so we thought they would be fine for just a little while longer. well when we got back home, they had chewed out of the box and were loose in the house! we searched for them and found on in our bedroom and one in the bathroom. on complete oppisites of the house! i thought it was funny, dh was very annoyed! and we named freddy, freddy cause it just came to dh when we bought him.
</a>

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</span>
November 14th, 2005, 08:41 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
DH and I take care of the neighborhood animals. With my ex, we had 2 cats of our own, lots of fish, over a dozen adopted stray cats, 3 racoons and 4 babies, 2 skunks and 6 babies, 3 woodchucks, a possum, 3 rabbits, and countless injured squirrels, moles, birds. The deer even came to our yard and waited for feedings. HA!

But we have none--my ex got the cats (I still cry every day, and it's been over 4 years since I've seen them). We did have 2 walking sticks (insects), but they didn't last too long. Short life cycles. And to be fair, they were mine, not DH's. He didn't want to cope with the loss...

DH asks regularly if I wish I had a cat...or several. I say yes, wholeheartedly, every time...but we can't have pets here and I don't know that we would move just for that--we have a sweet deal and moving would put us out at least twice what we pay now. Eek!

November 14th, 2005, 09:32 AM
BoxerLuv's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to BoxerLuv
I have 2 furbabies. Lexi is my boxer and Prissy (ugh! I swear I didn't name her that LOL) is my pug mix. I also foster for a local boxer rescue and my new foster's name is Toby. Here's my girls. My foster Toby has been horribly abused, neglected, and starved. His pics are a little too graphic at this point to post
November 14th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Regular
I have a very calm (for his breed) 5 year old Jack Russell Terrier named Sparky. He's a big baby. When I lie down, he curls up behind my knees. He has to be touching someone to go to sleep...he gets scared otherwise. He is such a sweetie!
November 14th, 2005, 09:55 AM
BLUDOLPHIN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BLUDOLPHIN
DH and I have one furbaby. He is a 15 month old boxer named Duke. and he IS such a baby! He LOVES to cuddle and has to be touching both of us in order for him to sleep at night.

Needless to say, maybe that's why we aren't pg yet.....we have a dog lying between us all night long!!!!

November 14th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Veteran
We have an adorable (and crazy!) retired Boston Terrier showdog named PorkChop. He's 2.

It's a BOY!!
November 14th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hey...my husband and i have three kitties...Rufus, Ezekiel and Odie...we enjoy them so much...they really keep the house lively!!

Baby "Elijah"-With us for a short time, with our heavenly Father now. Sept 25, 2009
November 14th, 2005, 07:38 PM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh and I have a bear....lol...he's a yellow lab, and his name is bear. When he was born he looked like the coca cola polar bear...soo cute. anyway, he's spoiled rotten...and loves to swim, dive, and is practicing to be a espn dock jumping dog (we don't think he'll really be one, but we don't tell him that) He's about 100lbs, and the ones on tv are a smaller breed that only weigh about 60-70. I'll post a pic of him sometime, but I don't have one in the camera now.

November 14th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Madylyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Madylyn Send a message via Yahoo to Madylyn
We've got 3 pups (our children) Nemo, a scotty mutt that's 3 and a half, Scout a rat terrier, 2 and a half, and Chance a pit bull who's about a year and a half. We also have a clown fish, Kenny, used to have another clown and a damsel but they didn't make it. We have a starfish and lots and lots of snails in the tank too. =)
Used to have 11 rats also, they make great pets!

Check out my pics & my blog!
November 15th, 2005, 09:54 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
We have 2 furbabies.
Both are miniature Schnauzer that were used for breeding. I swore I would never get any of my animals from breeders because of how active my family is with the humane society and so forth, but this little girls needed me!! LOL.

Raven is 5 years old, she is AKC registered (by her previous owner) she is all black and somewhat smaller than the regular mini schnauzer. She was used for breeding but after complications from the first pregnancy and an emergancy c-section and spay from the second...she was of no "use" to the breeder anymore and there fore put on the website to sell. She is the best dog I have ever had, so loving a sweet, playful but calm at just the right times and sooooo sooo smart! I feel so bad she never got to stay with any of her babies, the second litter didnt even make it...she would be such a great mommy!!

Button....oh what to say about Button.....well, she is either 4 or 5, we got no papers with her. She came from the same place, we were told the people were moving, that she had been kept out in the kennel and used for breeding (at least Raven was aloud in the house) She was not well socialized and barked at most people, mostly men, and you could tell she had been bred until she could probably be bred no more. She also is soo sweet and loving, but a tab on the hyper side, though since moving from the apartment to the house, she can burn all that energy and is learning to calm down alot! She is slightly slower than Raven, or most dogs for that matter, but she means well and we love her! We got her for free (and we could see why!) with the agreement that we would spay her and we did, she was stinky and dirty and a spaz, but a little attention and affection and she is such a great dog too!

Um, we also have a shelled-baby. Actually, DSD does. She recently got a hermit crab for getting on the honor roll at school (its what she asked for). Her name is Mary and she likes to climb her climbing grid but gets stuck behind it sometimes and I have to rescue her. Suprisingly DH likes her alot too........heheehehe, he is so funny.

Casey
p.s.
thanks for the opportunity to brag a little about our "babies"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search