When did you decide to TTC?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
When did you decide to start trying for a first?

Here's my story:
I got married in July 30 and right after we decided to get PG. I've never been on BCP and I figured it would be easy. Hey, we're newlyweds. But here we are, 4 months later and nothing. Sad, but I know it will happen one day.

November 16th, 2005, 07:48 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well DH and I got married in January - we were really trying, but we weren't really preventing either. After I turned 37 in April we realized that we probably needed to put more effort into given my age - so we started to really TTC.
November 16th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Madylyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Madylyn Send a message via Yahoo to Madylyn
Well we hadn't been ready for childen until last month really, when we talked about it again and decided to go for it after my annual appt. first week in December. I just found out last night that my hubby's been thinking about it for a year, about 8 months longer than I have!!!!

Check out my pics & my blog!
November 16th, 2005, 10:37 AM
FutureMommy
We're moving from Canada to the US and I found out on Oct 18 that if I get pregnant, I get Canada maternity leave for a whole year even in the US!

By Oct 19 my hubby was was ready to start trying in November.
November 16th, 2005, 11:54 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
We had talked about a baby for a very long time, we moved in together in Feb. '04, he proposed in May, we got married this past April. We decided that I could stop taking my BCP in March. He thought I would get pregnant right away and he didnt want me to be super pregnant when we got married---I dont know===some man thing I guess! LOL> Also he wanted to have a house and we were working on it and didnt want me walking up and down 3 flights of outside stairs at the apartment when I was pregnant.
So we waited until March, then started.........at first I was like, oh it will be next month, no biggie........7 months later--OK, now I am getting REALLY REALLY frusterated!! LOL..

Casey

November 16th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got married in May. And, well, we had talked about kids, DH wanted to wait 2 years but I got him to shave it down to one as a compromise. Then shave it down a little more, to February, 2006.
Well, then I went in for a check up with my OB and he told me we needed to start trying now. Because I have endo and also my appendix ruptured last April and so there may be internal scarring that could cause difficulty with conception.
DH and I talked and talked. He felt pressured, I felt scared that I would never be able to have kids if we waited too long....We took some time just praying about it. Then, one sunday we went to church, and our good friends about the same age as us announced that they were pregnant.
The competetiveness kicked in and DH realized he wanted to start trying.
And here we are, a little sooner than we had planned but like I said, better sooner than never.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

November 16th, 2005, 02:00 PM
barrycarrot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This past May was one year that we were married (about 8 years together though) so we figured it was a good starting point. I only hope that i can find out i'm pregnant before next year's anniversary!

Married to Tim for 5 years (together for 11!)
Mommy to Hailey Noelle - 2 years old
Jenna Marie scheduled to come March 25th via c-section!

November 16th, 2005, 08:31 PM
wantababy26's Avatar Super Mommy
DH and I got married in June 04. We were both super excited to have a family but decided we would wait at year or two b4 we started having kids. Well last december I was due for another shot. We talked about it and decided to go off the shot hoping to get pregnant in a year. At first we were going to start trying over the holidays this year but then it just kept getting sooner and sooner! So in July we just decided to let whatever happen happen. I thought we would probably get pregnant right away. Then in September we decided to really try....nothing yet, but we're really hoping now for an august baby!!!!

Jake December 13th, 2006 6lbs 15oz. Jake 2 years 33lbs!!!!! What a big boy!

November 16th, 2005, 09:18 PM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We decided to do it for all of our family and friends that ask us to!

Ha! Just kidding. Like most, we've been married over a year, but together for many more. We've known each other for 11 yrs now. Anyway, We wanted to be married a year before ttc. It's time, and we're ready. Dh is 35, and I've always wanted to be pg before my 30th ( and now I'm running out of time) So here we are 10 months off depo and ready for the

November 17th, 2005, 01:04 AM
butterfly0127's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to butterfly0127
Well we just got married July 31st but we had been together for almost 8 years...living together for about 5. We talked about it before we got married and decided about 6 months before our wedding that once we were married we'd start ttc. So, its been over 3 months now and still no baby. We had a feeling it wouldnt be easy for us so we arent surprised it hasnt happened yet but we hope and pray that it will happen soon.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fceeb">
</a>

</center>
November 17th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I got married July 31st... (seems to be a popular wedding time *laughs*)...my husband wanted to wait a year and three months...but it wasn't very long before he wanted to ttc. I had never been on birthcontrol, so we basically started trying right away...nothing yet...but hopefully soon! I'm entering the 2WW!

Baby "Elijah"-With us for a short time, with our heavenly Father now. Sept 25, 2009
November 17th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Pari_Ameenah
DH and i got married August 20th this year, but he had already asked me if i would mind comming off my BC in may (he asked me in the middle of the night one night, just as i was dropping off to sleep......boy did that wake me up! ), so i came off in June and we have been trying ever since!

Lyn x
November 17th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Quote:
Originally posted by abi@Nov 17 2005, 08:47 AM
My husband and I got married July 31st... (seems to be a popular wedding time *laughs*)...my husband wanted to wait a year and three months...but it wasn't very long before he wanted to ttc.* I had never been on birthcontrol, so we basically started trying right away...nothing yet...but hopefully soon!* I'm entering the 2WW!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
OMG, you got married a day after I did. woo hoo.

November 17th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
*laughs* yeah, that's pretty cool!

Baby "Elijah"-With us for a short time, with our heavenly Father now. Sept 25, 2009

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search