When will you tell....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2005, 07:08 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once you get your BFP, when will you tell your family and friends?

Our immediate family we will probably tell right away, but I will probably wait to tell friends (just in case) - except for you ladies of course, but you are like family.
November 16th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
If we get PG this cycle, we're planning on wrapping baby gifts w/ a pic of the BFP (i'm hoping) to our mothers for Christmas. Then word will flow like crazy with them.

November 16th, 2005, 09:04 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Considering Christmas, but we may wait....might tell my mom first (maybe around Thanksgiving with direction NOT to tell anyone that talks to my MIL!) I am only concerned about what my in-laws will say!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 16th, 2005, 10:02 AM
FutureMommy
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980@Nov 16 2005, 10:20 AM
If we get PG this cycle, we're planning on wrapping baby gifts w/ a pic of the BFP (i'm hoping) to our mothers for Christmas.* Then word will flow like crazy with them.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Oh I like that, can I steal it? We want to tell all the parents at Christmas too.
November 16th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Madylyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Madylyn Send a message via Yahoo to Madylyn
Well I always wanted to tell everyone at once, but getting my dad and stepmom and mother in the same room is hard...as well as getting my in laws there too. However, we are hoping to be pregnant by March, because my brother is getting married and everyone will be together. Last thing I wanna do is ruin my brother's big day but I only see my family once a year and this will probably be it. Was planning on telling them maybe at his rehearsal dinner, not on the wedding day. Sometime that week though, it will be exciting!

Check out my pics & my blog!
November 16th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Quote:
Originally posted by FutureMommy+Nov 16 2005, 12:02 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-ravensunset1980
Quote:
@Nov 16 2005, 10:20 AM
If we get PG this cycle, we're planning on wrapping baby gifts w/ a pic of the BFP (i'm hoping) to our mothers for Christmas.* Then word will flow like crazy with them.

Oh I like that, can I steal it? We want to tell all the parents at Christmas too.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]
hehe, go ahead, steal away.

November 16th, 2005, 10:47 AM
FutureMommy
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980+Nov 16 2005, 01:40 PM-->
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by FutureMommy@Nov 16 2005, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Quote:

[/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Woohoo! (hehe, of course, I have to GET pregnant first)
November 16th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by FutureMommy+Nov 16 2005, 12:47 PM-->
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980@Nov 16 2005, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FutureMommy@Nov 16 2005, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Woohoo! (hehe, of course, I have to GET pregnant first)
[/b][/quote]
oh, right, I knew there was something I needed. LOL. I'm close to ovulation. so, hopefully. good luck to u too.

November 16th, 2005, 11:10 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going to tell immediate family right away and friends after the 1st trimester passes.
November 16th, 2005, 11:26 AM
FutureMommy
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980@Nov 16 2005, 01:50 PM
oh, right, I knew there was something I needed.* LOL.* I'm close to ovulation.* so, hopefully. good luck to u too.
[/quote]

I'm crossing my fingers for us! (and basically everyone else on the ttc boards)
November 16th, 2005, 11:30 AM
amandajolynn88's Avatar Super Mommy
We'll tell my immediate family and my best friend right away, but we'll have to break it to his family gently. (His mom didn't want him to marry me, or anyone else for that matter, so I can't imagine how she'll react to this). As for everyone else, I'll probably try to keep it quiet for as long as possible just in case . I'm already worried and I'm not even pg yet.....

Angel baby 03/06
#1 due 12/07/08!!!!
November 16th, 2005, 11:49 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I was really hoping to have a BFP before Thanksgiving......but since I am waiting until the day AFTER Thanksgiving to test, I dont know how I will do it.
I would really like to do it a Christmas, but I really dont think I will be able to wait that long if I were to get a BFP. Sooo.....I always thought that when I got pregnant I would so something like get one of those shirts that says "Baby on Board" or the one with a crown that says "Fertility Queen" and then just wear it to my family's house and let them notice my shirt. They would freak out. LOL.

Good Luck and baby dust to all TTCers!!!

Casey

November 16th, 2005, 02:03 PM
barrycarrot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our immediate families will know right away. I'm sure that that wil trickle down to other family members rather quickly. I hope to wait to tell friends and such till after the first trimester, but we'll have to see if i can keep my excitedness in!

Married to Tim for 5 years (together for 11!)
Mommy to Hailey Noelle - 2 years old
Jenna Marie scheduled to come March 25th via c-section!

November 16th, 2005, 03:35 PM
BLUDOLPHIN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BLUDOLPHIN
we plan on telling everyone at christmas.
but we have to finally get our BFP first!!!! i'm o'ing now, so we'll see

November 16th, 2005, 05:17 PM
angelltn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When we get our BFP, I want to plan how to tell our families. Of course it will have to be within the week we get it because, well, I have a BIG MOUTH!!!! I'll try and keep it a secret from friends, but I'm sure word will travel fast!
November 16th, 2005, 06:19 PM
If I'm pregnant which I believe I am ... I will find out on Monday when I take the blood test. We'll write a letter stating, "Jason and Katie are expecting their first child together and in celebration to that, they're getting married!" Mail it to both of our parents in a Christmas Card. The letter was Jason's idea as we were discussing the possiblility of us having a baby out of wed lock.
November 17th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Pari_Ameenah
when i eventually get a BFP, i will probably wait like a month or two before i tell anyone.......see if they notice! hehehe!.......except you girls.....i would tell you right away! :-)

i would probably NOT tell my mother untill i was a few months gone and starting to show.......because she has forbidden me to ever get pregnant (well.....tough luck on her!......its MY life, i'm nearly 22 and i want a baby!). she says its cos she doesn't want to ever be a grandma, and i'm FAR too young, but really i know that its cos she doesn't like my husbond!

Lyn x
November 17th, 2005, 12:59 PM
butterfly0127's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to butterfly0127
I dont know when we will tell everyone but Im sure it wont be long after we find out because we will definitely be too excited to keep it a secret! We'll want to tell the world!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fceeb">
</a>

</center>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search