butterfly0127

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2005, 06:12 AM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Welcome to the board! Hopefully your stay will be short and sweet. Lots of baby dust to you. Where are you in your cycle now?

November 17th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Welcome. I hope your stay here is short and sweet. We're here for anything you need answered. I try to help as much as I can. Good luck. and *babydust*

November 17th, 2005, 07:30 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Sending you lots of baby dust! I hope your TTC journey is short and sweet!
November 17th, 2005, 12:46 PM
butterfly0127's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to butterfly0127
Thank you everyone for all the good luck...I also hope my stay is short...lol. garshgirl, I dont know where in my cycle I am...what determines that? Sorry, I am new with all of this.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fceeb">
</a>

</center>
November 17th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Quote:
Originally posted by butterfly0127@Nov 17 2005, 02:46 PM
Thank you everyone for all the good luck...I also hope my stay is short...lol. garshgirl, I dont know where in my cycle I am...what determines that? Sorry, I am new with all of this.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I'm gonna answer your question. BTW, my name is Rodi. The first day AF (aunt flo) shows is called CD1, and then you count down till the day she shows again. Also, if you know when you ovulated, you'll be either 1, 2, 3, etc, DPO. Right now, I'm CD13, waiting to ovulate, when I do ovulate, the first day after will be 1DPO. It's complicated at first, but you'll catch on.

November 17th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980+Nov 17 2005, 03:11 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-butterfly0127
Quote:
@Nov 17 2005, 02:46 PM
I'm gonna answer your question. BTW, my name is Rodi. The first day AF (aunt flo) shows is called CD1, and then you count down till the day she shows again. Also, if you know when you ovulated, you'll be either 1, 2, 3, etc, DPO. Right now, I'm CD13, waiting to ovulate, when I do ovulate, the first day after will be 1DPO. It's complicated at first, but you'll catch on.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

Well this will be interesting...AF sometimes doesnt come for me for months...Ive been cursed with a VERY irregular AF. The last few months (since I got married and started TTC) have been more regular though. I wonder what is up with that.

So I guess that makes me CD10 and since this is only my first cycle charting Im not sure when I ovulate.
Thanks Rodi for answering my question....it helped out alot

</a>

</center>
November 17th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by butterfly0127@Nov 17 2005, 03:29 PM
Well this will be interesting...AF sometimes doesnt come for me for months...Ive been cursed with a VERY irregular AF. The last few months (since I got married and started TTC) have been more regular though. I wonder what is up with that.

So I guess that makes me CD10 and since this is only my first cycle charting Im not sure when I ovulate.
[/quote]
So, how many days have your cycles been since trying? what are you using to chart? I use Fertility Friend. the thing is that FF will not give you an ovulation day till after 3 days of high temps when you get a shift. But since you are on CD10, BDing every other day till ovulation should be great, but then again, since you have long cycles, your ovulation day may be even later. Our bodies are so crazy sometimes. agggg. LOL, but you'll get the hang of it.

November 17th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980+Nov 17 2005, 03:36 PM-->
Quote:
Quote:
@Nov 17 2005, 03:29 PM

So, how many days have your cycles been since trying? what are you using to chart? I use Fertility Friend. the thing is that FF will not give you an ovulation day till after 3 days of high temps when you get a shift. But since you are on CD10, BDing every other day till ovulation should be great, but then again, since you have long cycles, your ovulation day may be even later. Our bodies are so crazy sometimes. agggg. LOL, but you'll get the hang of it.
[/b][/quote]

I dont exactly know how many days my cycles have been since trying because this is the first time Ive actually kept track of it. I printed out the Justmommies basal body temperature chart and that is what Ive been using to chart. Seems like my temperatures are all over the place though...Perhaps after going through one complete cycle I will see some sort of pattern...I sure am hoping so. So what is the Fertility Friend you are talking of? Is that another site?

</a>

</center>
November 17th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by butterfly0127@Nov 17 2005, 03:40 PM
I dont exactly know how many days my cycles have been since trying because this is the first time Ive actually kept track of it. I printed out the Justmommies basal body temperature chart and that is what Ive been using to chart. Seems like my temperatures are all over the place though...Perhaps after going through one complete cycle I will see some sort of pattern...I sure am hoping so. So what is the Fertility Friend you are talking of? Is that another site?
[/quote]
It's www.fertilityfriend.com it's a website where you can enter your temps daily, and it keeps track of you cycle pattern/temps for you. they offer a 30 day free VIP membership trial, and it's pretty cool. you can record cervical fluid and everything, and it tells you when you're most fertile, and it calculates when your ovulation occured. If you want you can go to the website, sign up, and enter all the info you have on the basal body temp. chart you printed. i hope it helps, but yeah, after a couple of charting, you get to see a pattern. good luck

November 17th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980+Nov 17 2005, 03:58 PM-->
Quote:
Quote:
@Nov 17 2005, 03:40 PM
It's www.fertilityfriend.com it's a website where you can enter your temps daily, and it keeps track of you cycle pattern/temps for you. they offer a 30 day free VIP membership trial, and it's pretty cool. you can record cervical fluid and everything, and it tells you when you're most fertile, and it calculates when your ovulation occured. If you want you can go to the website, sign up, and enter all the info you have on the basal body temp. chart you printed. i hope it helps, but yeah, after a couple of charting, you get to see a pattern. good luck
[/b][/quote]

So after 30 days you have to start paying for it? Well I think I will check it out...It may help me read my chart a little better...lol. It sounds helpful though.

</a>

</center>
November 17th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by butterfly0127@Nov 17 2005, 04:02 PM
So after 30 days you have to start paying for it? Well I think I will check it out...It may help me read my chart a little better...lol. It sounds helpful though.
[/quote]
yeah, after 30 days you pay. i just used the 30 days, and used the regular free one the rest of the time. It still lets you chart for free, but it just won't show you the special VIP info. LOL, so, just this past monday I got the 30 day one for 10 dollars. LOL. you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to. good luck

November 17th, 2005, 02:11 PM
yeah, after 30 days you pay. i just used the 30 days, and used the regular free one the rest of the time. It still lets you chart for free, but it just won't show you the special VIP info. LOL, so, just this past monday I got the 30 day one for 10 dollars. LOL. you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to. good luck
[/quote]

Im looking at the site now...having troubles figuring out how to get started but Im sure I will get the hang of it. $10 dollars isnt so bad...if I like it maybe I will pay for it. Im glad there is a free one too though!

</a>

</center>
November 17th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Im looking at the site now...having troubles figuring out how to get started but Im sure I will get the hang of it. $10 dollars isnt so bad...if I like it maybe I will pay for it. Im glad there is a free one too though!
[/quote]
yeah, just try it out for 30 days, hopefully you won't need it more than that, 'cause what if you get your BFP.

November 17th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I would be so excited to get my BFP!!! I think Ive figured it out now...
So what else do you do to track and figure out your ovulation? Any suggestions?

</a>

</center>
November 17th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by butterfly0127@Nov 17 2005, 04:42 PM
[/quote]
well, cevix position. Remember SHOW. Soft, High, Open, and Wet.
Oh, and also, the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is Awesome. It was recommended to me, and I LOVE it. I got mine on Amazon.com, for like 12 dollars, brand new. well, it still looked new, it said used. I used OPKs last month, but I didn't like it, it was to confusing, plus I got so frusterated testing every day, and for nothing, I didn't even get PG.

November 17th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980+Nov 17 2005, 04:48 PM-->
Quote:
Quote:
@Nov 17 2005, 04:42 PM
well, cevix position. Remember SHOW. Soft, High, Open, and Wet.
Oh, and also, the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is Awesome. It was recommended to me, and I LOVE it. I got mine on Amazon.com, for like 12 dollars, brand new. well, it still looked new, it said used. I used OPKs last month, but I didn't like it, it was to confusing, plus I got so frusterated testing every day, and for nothing, I didn't even get PG.
[/b][/quote]

Since I hate having to wait for things I think I will go to the store to get that book. Right now I am reading "the conception chronicles" Its more of a support book than a book of information and facts...it does have some facts in it though...Its interesting and includes a bit of humor...I like it.
I did the OPKs for a month too but hated it. Taking those tests everyday was such a pain. I think if my charts indicate I may be ovulating I will use the OPKs to check but thats about it....they are too expensive to use every day!

</a>

</center>
November 17th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by butterfly0127@Nov 17 2005, 05:00 PM
Since I hate having to wait for things I think I will go to the store to get that book. Right now I am reading "the conception chronicles" Its more of a support book than a book of information and facts...it does have some facts in it though...Its interesting and includes a bit of humor...I like it.
I did the OPKs for a month too but hated it. Taking those tests everyday was such a pain. I think if my charts indicate I may be ovulating I will use the OPKs to check but thats about it....they are too expensive to use every day!
[/quote]
I bought my OPKs last month in the Dollar Tree. If you have a store nearby, they might carry them.

November 17th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980+Nov 17 2005, 05:04 PM-->
Quote:
Quote:
@Nov 17 2005, 05:00 PM
I bought my OPKs last month in the Dollar Tree. If you have a store nearby, they might carry them.
[/b][/quote]

The Dollar Tree? Is that like a dollar store...I think we might have one of those around here but I dont know and I wouldve never thought they would carry something like that. I should check that out. So how do you know when Ive posted something here? You seem to reply really quick and if there is a way to know that someone responded to you then Id sure like to know.

</a>

</center>
November 17th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by butterfly0127@Nov 17 2005, 05:07 PM
The Dollar Tree? Is that like a dollar store...I think we might have one of those around here but I dont know and I wouldve never thought they would carry something like that. I should check that out. So how do you know when Ive posted something here? You seem to reply really quick and if there is a way to know that someone responded to you then Id sure like to know.
[/quote]
hehe, no, i'm just bored, I just brows the boards, and post away. I'm at work actually. like 45 min. left so i can go home FINALLY. but there is a way you can keep track of your messages, when you reply, click on Enable email notification of replies? and it sends you an email when someone replies to your message. But I find it easier clicking here and there and going back to the boards and see what is "new" LOL. like i said, i'm bored.

November 17th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980+Nov 17 2005, 05:10 PM-->
Quote:
Quote:
@Nov 17 2005, 05:07 PM
hehe, no, i'm just bored, I just brows the boards, and post away. I'm at work actually. like 45 min. left so i can go home FINALLY. but there is a way you can keep track of your messages, when you reply, click on Enable email notification of replies? and it sends you an email when someone replies to your message. But I find it easier clicking here and there and going back to the boards and see what is "new" LOL. like i said, i'm bored.
[/b][/quote]

LOL...sounds like something I would do. I think I charted my BBT on Fertility Friend and I made a ticker for my signature here. I dont know if it works though and for some reason it didnt put the 8th as when AF started so it says I am CD9

</a>

</center>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search