Holiday Favorites

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2005, 07:53 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well Thanksgiving is almost here, which means the start of the Holiday Season - what are your favorite holiday traditions?

For me it is decorating (I go crazy, but not as crazy as some people LOL) and just getting together with family. Christmas time is my favorite time of the year.
November 18th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Well, usually it was my mom and I for like 11 years already, maybe more. We always go shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving for Christmas decorations, and gifts on Black Friday. LOL, gotta love the sales. Well, this year, I'm married, and my DH and I will be doing the same thing. I can't wait. woo hoo.

November 18th, 2005, 08:19 AM
FutureMommy
We go to the in-law's for Christmas Eve with hubby's other siblings to have dinner, fondue, play board games, and open gifts. We stay the night and on Christmas day we get up in the morning and we get our stockings (hard to believe we're adults, huh?), which are always filled with fun stuff. Then we play games again and hang out for the afternoon, and sometimes we go to a movie at night. My favorite time of year!
November 18th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Babygirl's Avatar Veteran
I love shopping for Christmas decorations and decorating the house and tree. We were even thinking of having two Christmas trees this year. One to decorate with our silver and blue decorations and the other one with multi coloured decorations (yes, we are weird, I know).

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/ef3a6">
</a>
November 18th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Madylyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Madylyn Send a message via Yahoo to Madylyn
Quote:
Originally posted by Babygirl@Nov 18 2005, 09:34 AM
One to decorate with our silver and blue decorations <div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

We usually do our tree with silver and blue deco! One, I love the colors and 2, we were an AF family. =P However, this year there are so many beautiful purple decorations that we are thinking purple and silver (our wedding colors) or purple, blue, silver.
I love everything about the holidays...the smells, the food, the anticipation, the decorating, the MUSIC! I love the music! Christmas music makes me so happy!! It's kinda hard to get into the spirit in Florida because it just doesn't get cold, and I really miss snow! Plus it's hard not be have any family around. We enjoy the holidays just the 2 of us, but I'd rather be near the family. It's just too far away to get back home and visit my parents, my mom and his parents (they luckily all live within miles of one another!) so we celebrate alone every year.
Last year in a great last minute surprise, his family drove down for a couple days, but this year we are no longer in the AF and it doesnt look like he gets any time off an Christmas and only Thanksgiving day off so I'm really really bummed. He still works on the base here and it closes W-F next week and for a while at Christmas time, so I guess he will be up there with very few people!

Check out my pics & my blog!
November 18th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Babygirl's Avatar Veteran
Purple, blue and silver sound great together. Maybe I will steal that idea from you for this year (if you don't mind).

I love the Christmas music too! My DH and I have around 10 different Christmas CDs. Last year we put them in the CD player so that we could get into the spirit while wrapping presents.

It is snowing right now where I am, but it isn't staying on the ground.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/ef3a6">
</a>
November 18th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Madylyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Madylyn Send a message via Yahoo to Madylyn
Quote:
Originally posted by Babygirl@Nov 18 2005, 02:39 PM
Purple, blue and silver sound great together.* Maybe I will steal that idea from you for this year (if you don't mind).

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Go for it! We'll have to post pics!! I think I'm going to go out and get some ornaments tomorrow and I really really want this tree topper!

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...P1R7S0|products

Check out my pics & my blog!
November 18th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love everything about Christmas. Anyone seen the movie Elf? Well this is our first Christmas together and our first Christmas in our new house. I am totally decorating Elf style! And I have tons of old Christmas vinyls/lps/records so I've got some great music too. And I get sooo much time off because I work in the schools so I get like 2 weeks off to bake and all that!

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search