What would you do if.........

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2005, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
you got a BFP this cycle?

I'd love it. I wouldn't tell anybody till Christmas. I'm really hoping I get a BFP this time around. We BDed like crazy, that's untill I got sick. and I may have O'd yesterday instead of Sunday. I would want to tell everybody but I'll wait till Christmas. You girlies and my DH are the only ones who will know. heheheh

November 22nd, 2005, 06:20 AM
FutureMommy
I would dance with joy. Literally. We don't want to tell anyone until Christmas either but I'm wondering if I'll be able to hold it in that long.

Holy cow, we BDed CD 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14, and we plan on BDing tonight. I need a break!
November 22nd, 2005, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Quote:
Originally posted by FutureMommy@Nov 22 2005, 09:20 AM
I would dance with joy.* Literally.* We don't want to tell anyone until Christmas either but I'm wondering if I'll be able to hold it in that long.

Holy cow, we BDed CD 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14, and we plan on BDing tonight.* I need a break!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
OMG, hehheh,

We BDed CD 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16 (I was sneezy and sick a little) and CD17&18 i'm sick, so i didn't BD I think I O'd yesterday too. I hope I have a chance. I was well spermed up before. LOL

November 22nd, 2005, 06:34 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would probably wonder when I was going to wake up from this dream, then get really excited after I realize it isn't a dream. It would so make this cycle worth it though.
November 22nd, 2005, 06:37 AM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heck I'm still questioning my O! I think DH and I would keep it quiet until christmas also...Yikes! I cringe thinking of how hard that will be!

Lets go BFP'S!!!

November 22nd, 2005, 06:43 AM
FutureMommy
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980@Nov 22 2005, 10:28 AM
OMG,* hehheh,*

We BDed CD 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16 (I was sneezy and sick a little)* and CD17&18 i'm sick, so i didn't BD * I think I O'd yesterday too.* * I hope I have a chance.* I was well spermed up before.* LOL
[/quote]

Hehe, all spermed up is the only way to be! LOL
November 22nd, 2005, 09:14 AM
wantababy26's Avatar Super Mommy
I would be so excited I wouldn't be able to control myself!!! We also have been bding like crazy We're having fun with it though! We would for sure try to wait till Christmas to tell everyone though....notice I said try! I just really hope we all get a BFP this time! August babies here we come!!!!

Jake December 13th, 2006 6lbs 15oz. Jake 2 years 33lbs!!!!! What a big boy!

November 22nd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would be so excited too, but I don't know if I O'd yet, i don't think so.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

November 22nd, 2005, 10:01 AM
Super Mommy
my birthday is 12/16 so I would try to keep it a secret from DH till then. And I would wrap up the tests that say "pregnant" to give to our parents at christmas. Although my mom is always like "did you ovulate yet" "did you start your period yet". So it might be had to keep from her.

November 22nd, 2005, 10:07 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980@Nov 22 2005, 08:18 AM

I'd love it.* I wouldn't tell anybody till Christmas.* I'm really hoping I get a BFP this time around.* We BDed like crazy, that's untill I got sick.* * and I may have O'd yesterday instead of Sunday. I would want to tell everybody but I'll wait till Christmas.* You girlies and my DH are the only ones who will know.* heheheh
[/quote]

Well first I'd die of SHOCK!!!

DH will know when I test and I would LOVE to be able to tell immediate family on Christmas day! Not expecting it to happen... ...but I would love to be able to do that!
November 22nd, 2005, 10:53 AM
Veteran
I don't know if I'd be able to wait until x-mas to tell! Well, at the very least, I'd probably have to tell my mom ahead of time, and then tell the rest of the family on x-mas.

Although I'm not sure if I o'd or not. OPK's say yes, my chart says no. So I'm still waiting for the big temp spike.

My web page

November 22nd, 2005, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hmmm...i'd be surprised...even though we baby danced 5,6,7,8,9,10, 11, 12, 13,14, 15, ...*laughs*
I guess...the first thing I would do is make a nice dinner for my DH...and set three places, instead of two...and then I'd tell my parents by asking for my wooden highchair that I keep at their house (it was mine when i was a baby)...and then somehow, we'd tell my inlaws...and then we'd keep it a secret for a couple months, tell my cousin in law and his wife...and then keep it a secret for another month or so...(oh yeah...I'd probably spill to a close friend of mine...*grin*)

Baby "Elijah"-With us for a short time, with our heavenly Father now. Sept 25, 2009
November 22nd, 2005, 05:03 PM
Veteran
I'd give my parents "grandma" and "grandpa" t-shirts as Christmas presents, and the look of shock on their faces on Dec 25 would be priceless!! I don't think they are expecting grandkids quite yet... hehe...

It's a BOY!!
November 23rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980@Nov 22 2005, 09:18 AM

I'd love it.* I wouldn't tell anybody till Christmas.* I'm really hoping I get a BFP this time around.* We BDed like crazy, that's untill I got sick.* * and I may have O'd yesterday instead of Sunday. I would want to tell everybody but I'll wait till Christmas.* You girlies and my DH are the only ones who will know.* heheheh
[/quote]

i think I'd cry and dance around! I wouldnt tell DH though until Xmas so it would be eating me alive! My family would have to wait until I got through the first 3 months.
November 23rd, 2005, 12:18 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I'd probably ignore the BFP for a while just to make sure. I'm so paranoid at this point. But, if it happened this cycle, after I recovered from fainting (really not expecting it this cycle), then I'd fret for over 12 hours until DH got home about how to tell him. I told you ladies the other times before I told him...that will probably be the case again. We BD'ed every day from 1-14 (twice on some days), but couldn't the day after O or the night of O because I was puking. Not too sexy...unless you're into that sort of thing.

I don't even have a test in the house, so I really wouldn't know until I'm late...that gives me the buffer of Thanksgiving holidays! I will most likely see Af on Monday or before, though, so keep everything crossed!

November 23rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
LilyBean's Avatar Veteran
Funny (and true) story. About 6 months ago, I thought I was pregnant. I told DH, and we went to the store to get a HPT. While we were at the store, DH suggested getting a bottle of grape/apple sparkling cider. I don't drink alcohol, and this is what I had on our wedding night for toasting.

So we get to the checkout, and the lady sees that these are the only two items that we're buying, and as we left the store, she yelled out: "good luck!"

Well, we got a BFN, but we still have that bottle of sparkling cider, just waiting for a BFP to open it up!

As far as telling family, I want to wait till we hear a heartbeat. When we miscarried we had already told everyone, and I hated giving the bad news afterward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search