Question of the Day

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2005, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
What are good Christmas gifts for your DH?

I really have no idea what to get my DH for Christmas, does anybody have any suggestions. Also, what are you planning on buying for your DH?

November 23rd, 2005, 07:36 AM
Regular
That IS a good question! Didn't you say he likes video games? Maybe a hat with his fave team on it. I like to get J a few little things, kinda like Santa! Instead of blowing some unbelievable amount of money on one big item. I've already gotten him a video game (Need for Speed, Most Wanted) but that's as far as I've gotten so far. He's restoring his grandfather's '69 Chevy truck, so I'm getting him a few things for that. I would LOVE to get him a new recliner...but we'll have to see about that one! Who knows, MAYBE I'll get to give him a BFP for Christmas! Any of those help?
November 23rd, 2005, 07:39 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For my DH it would be DVDs, swords or action figures LOL. He plays video games as well, but is very picky as to the type of game, so I leave that to him (unless there is a particular game I know he wants).
November 23rd, 2005, 07:47 AM
Super Mommy
I too like to get DH a few smaller items. Like some CD's, a video game. this year though I 'm getting him a gym membership (he said he wanted this otherwise it might be considered offensive) Also he's into snowmobiling so usually something r/t that!

November 23rd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
my DH is picky with his games. we already have all the ones we want. LOL. movies, um... he doesn want Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I thought he had that movie, but he doesn't. I wanted to get him a video camera, ours broke, he wants to make a movie about Zombies. LOL. he's weird.

November 23rd, 2005, 09:29 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Well, funny you should ask!
I just got part of my Christmas bonus today and I told a teeny tiny white lie to DH about how much I got so that I could put more back for his Christmas. We agreed to only spend $100 on eachother...........well.........I already had to money and he knew it and I had a little extra and he said that was fine. But he doesnt know I held $200 more dollars back. Now, usually I can stretch $100 into almost 100 gifts for him......but he really wants a fish tank, and he just assumes we wont be able to get one for a long time. But that is one thing he has said he wants since we got together. For our first Valentines day together I got him a little 1.5 gallon tank with a filter and air pump that we put a beta in. Soo....I have a really GOOD reason for lying to him!! I am gonna take the extra $200 and get him a 29 gallon tank and then with the extra $50 that he thinks he is giving me for his daughter to get him a gift I am getting him the stand for it. Then with the $100 I will have left I am gonna go to walmart (he loves loves loves their pants) and get him about 4 pairs of pants and the new Seinfeld Season 5 DVD set.
I am so excited! But now I have one problem.........where in the crap am I gonna hide a 29 gallon tank and stand? And how in the world am I gonna get it in the house! hahaahah.

Good luck buying for DH!
Casey

November 23rd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Madylyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Madylyn Send a message via Yahoo to Madylyn
Well, here's what I'm getting for my hubby...
His birthdy and Christmas are 4 days apart so I have to stretch a little with the gifts!!
I'm getting him The Movies (the PC game), the 3 seasons of Quantum Leap that are out (last Christmas I got him Star Trek:TNG all seasons on DVD), um, the create your own lightsaber kit I saw in Toys R Us....probably some nerdy items (he's the ultimate computer nerd) I mean, he keeps time on a binary clock. So I'll do a little shopping from my favorite nerd and gaming sites:
http://www.jinx.com/ (this has great gaming gear if you're an MMORPGer...hilarious stuff!)
http://www.computergear.com
He doesn't wear ties much, but I will probably get this too....too cute!
http://www.computergear.com/9016.html

Anyway so that's what's on the list this year. We just found out that his parents are driving down for Christmas so it's going to be a LOT of fun times!!!!

Check out my pics & my blog!
November 23rd, 2005, 12:34 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by ravensunset1980@Nov 23 2005, 08:49 AM
What are good Christmas gifts for your DH?

I really have no idea what to get my DH for Christmas, does anybody have any suggestions.* * Also, what are you planning on buying for your DH?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Well, since we're all TTC and you may get a BFP soon, how about getting some hot lingerie for yourself before your too preggo to fit into it. That way you get to BD (could result in a BFP) and make hubby happy!
DVD's are also a good bet too, and clothes since guys normally don't like shopping for themselves.
November 23rd, 2005, 12:55 PM
butterfly0127's Avatar Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to butterfly0127
Well I dont really know what I will be getting my DH for Christmas this year but in the past Ive gotten him watches, wallets, snowboarding stuff, clothes, DVDs, video games, camping stuff....For awhile instead of getting eachother gifts we'd take the money and spend it on going on a weekend getaway...that is always fun too. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Edited to add: Cologne is always a good gift too.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fceeb">
</a>

</center>
November 23rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Pffttt...I'm NO help!!! I still haven't given DH one of his bday gifts...and that's from August. One of the things I was thinking about, though, is sort of silly. He had fluffy cloud pillowcases when we met and said that he thought they helped him sleep better. Sooo...I've taken tons of pictures of clouds--sunrise, sunset, wispy, fluffy, rainy, etc. I'm having them blown up to poster size and framing them to hang in our bedroom. If we could have pets, he'd so be getting a ferret. In lieu of that, though, I'm trying to find a ferret ornament for him. Other than that, we've only had a couple of Christmases together. Last year, he, my sister, and I went shopping for each other and got stocking stuff, mostly. I'd like to get him something more meaningful. While I HOPE HOPE HOPE for a BFP, I'm just not that confident in it, so I'm not counting on that for his gift.

I appreciate any suggestions.

November 23rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Veteran
I'm thinking of getting DH some camping gear (we need a water filter/pump, and some comfy mattress pads), or else a watch.... but he's so picky! I' can't decide. I also bought him a nice shirt (on super sale at Banana Republic!)

Mt friend bought her hubby laser eye surgery for Xmas! Wow!

It's a BOY!!
November 23rd, 2005, 06:36 PM
LilyBean's Avatar Veteran
My husband is getting the new XBOX 360. A friend of ours works for a gaming company and was able to pre-order one for us about 2 months ago.

We got it yesterday, but I've told him he can't open it till after Christmas!

Now he's thinking about selling it on EBAY, because they're selling for crazy prices ($2K!). I told him its his Christmas present, and he can do whatever he wants with it (sell it, keep it).
November 23rd, 2005, 06:39 PM
LilyBean's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
iamkc Posted Today, 01:11 PM
He had fluffy cloud pillowcases when we met and said that he thought they helped him sleep better. Sooo...I've taken tons of pictures of clouds--sunrise, sunset, wispy, fluffy, rainy, etc. I'm having them blown up to poster size and framing them to hang in our bedroom.*[/b]
What a thoughtful and personal gift!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search