I hope my research pays off!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2005, 03:03 PM
JL40's Avatar Veteran
oh okay i know this wait is worse than my TWW!!! Thank you girls for the support! if this is not a BFP, then to next month. August is not such a bad month..!! I still want a July baby!!! Although the DOC wants me to go on BC, if i start, b/c of the irregular period this month. oh well.......... is this everyone's first child, they are trying for?? IF NOT, PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY!!! I NEED WAY MORE SUPPORT!

[/IMG]

November 23rd, 2005, 03:26 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah everyone here is trying for number one, but I hope you don't mind but I invited the ladies on the general TTC board who have been pregnant before to come over here and help you out.
November 23rd, 2005, 03:29 PM
JL40's Avatar Veteran
THANK YOU SO MUCH! some of these threads are new to me.... TY so much!!!
Leslie!!!
November 23rd, 2005, 05:28 PM
marie2001
Hi Leslie!

I am the co-host of the TTC board! Welcome to JM! Donna and Rodi are awesome, so I am sure you are in good hands here!

As for PG symptoms, I got PG in June of this year, but unfortunately had a m/c in July. I got my BFP at 14 DPO. I tested and got a negative at 10 DPO & 12 DPO, and although I fully expected to see another negative at 14 DPO, to my surprise, there were two lines. The month I got PG, I had just about ZERO symptoms! I thought for sure I wasn't PG-- DH and I weren't even trying that month! I had just gotten a new job, so we were planning on sitting out a month or two, but BAM! After 8 months of trying, we got our BFP! We were shocked and thrilled, and for a long time we just didn't believe our eyes when we looked at that postive HPT! For me, it wasn't until my blood test results came back that I finally believed I really was PG. It was great for the 3 weeks it lasted. Now, more than ever, I just want to be PG again. I am giving it my all this month.

As for your situation, I am not sure what to tell you. I have known of women who are a week or more late before they get their BFP, but I have to admit, that is rare. I think a Dr's visit is best for yoiu-- hopefully she/he can shed some light as to what is going on with your body! I hope you get your BFP very soon. I also hope you enjoy JM as much as the rest of us do!

Amie
November 23rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
JL40's Avatar Veteran
Marie,
Thank you for replying to my message. I am usually very regular, so this month has left me crazy!!!! i am praying for a BFP!!!! i get my blood test results on MONDAY! thank yo8u again
November 23rd, 2005, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss. Impatient Bevis
well... i had a similar situation to yours last July.... i got pregnant.. and knew i was pregnant... and i took the first response about 5 times... and all were negative... then i got the blood taken and it was postive... i hope that helps...

November 23rd, 2005, 06:27 PM
imn2nursing's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to imn2nursing
Popping in from the ttc board. OMG, to have to wait till monday, that in itself will drive one crazy. I just read on poas.com that some people don't get BFP until like 21dpo. It can happen. I don't remember alot of symptoms other than occasional dizzy and sore bbs with my other pg. Good luck dear, you are in my prayers. Crossing my fingers and everything else for your BFP! Let us know on the ttc board on monday?
November 23rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ok i know i wont be much help to you but i had my son when i was 17 in my senior year of high school it was tough and i didnt even know i was pregnant until 27 weeks exactly .....let me explain b/c most people go "no way your lying"but im not...... i got pregnant on the depo shot, i had my 1st shot and then went on with my life WELL when i went in for my 3rd shot and my yearly exam my doctor put the speculum in and said youre pregnant.....i just laughed no way was i pregnant i was on the shot right .....well i went for an ultrasound right away and sure enough there he was(clearly a he) and i was so overwhelmed she said 7 months and i said what???????? i weighed 150 lb.s gained a little weight but still wearing size 5 jeans no prob ......i have irritable bowel syndrome really bad... so movement, cramps, fluttering all that is so normal pl us remember i was 16 then so dumb,,,,,,,, and depo stops your pds. so didnt think twice about not gettng my period......but anyway when i went back to school the next day happy about my baby and showing people my ultrasound pics no one believed me a girl from one of my classes actually threatened to kick my ##### and followed me home to do so because she swore i was lying.......it was horrible and my family was horrible to me , my mother taught at my high school so she said i was ruining her reputation but there i was the only one happy about my son....... and of course everyone loves him now but no on more than me .....hes my angel .... i know i was no help to you at all but i really hope everything works out for you........
November 24th, 2005, 05:51 AM
JL40's Avatar Veteran
Thank you everyone! I am hoping to get a (+) because still no signs of AF. I have alot of lower back pain, and i can't sleep because of it. My boobs are not sore (being sore is the biggest sign AF is coming) and still no pain. MY CM is extremely plentiful, which is not normal for me. I hope I am, because we tried everyday the week i was suppost to ovulate, and i pretty much know when i ovulate. It's weird. I know my body more than anyone else does, well except my DH and he is convinced I am...... so please keep me in your prayers!
Leslie
November 25th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm just popping in from the July DDC and thought I would tell you what happened to me. I had a normal AF in August, and then halfway through my next cycle, DH and I decided to start trying. I wasn't doing anything (temps, cervix, nothing) but I figured I had probably already ovulated. Then AF was late. I ended up being 17 days late. I did eventually start, and it seemed pretty normal. The next month we decided to get an OPK and six days before AF was due I got a BFP! I haven't been to the doctor yet (going on Wednesday) but I kind of wonder if I really was pregnant in September but my levels were too low to detect.

I hope you get your BFP! Lots of baby dust to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search