Formula for Pink or Blue.....?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2005, 08:47 PM
foxyroxie81's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to foxyroxie81
Okay call me crazy but I just read an article that a Dr. Shettles found a way to have either a boy or a girl. In the article it states that if you want to have:

A GiRL: to BD two or more days before you O because the pH of the vagina at that time will favor the X-sperm.

A BoY: BD should occur exclusively during the day before and the day of O, when the environment in the woman's reproductive system is more alkaline. It also states to avoid vaginal lubricants and jellies, as they increase the acidity of the vaginal fluid.

I wonder does it work? I am going to try it and see if it does!! Happy BD to all if you try it!!
December 16th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Veteran
I've heard good statistics on the Shettle's method. The only drawback is it usually takes longer to conceive because the risk of misjudging your window is higher.

Will you try for a girl or a boy?
December 17th, 2005, 06:05 AM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've read it, and dh even got a kick out of it, but I just don't want to leave it to one day of bding...If you try it...let us al know if it works...it'll change the board forever!

December 17th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Well I am really aiming for a GIRL!! So I will be doing the BD probably 4 days in advance but skipping a day in between of course and then BD again on the days I do Ovulate and see what happens. They say sperm lives in the Vagina for at least 12 to 24 hours so I hope it works but if I have a boy its okay its still a part of me and a part of my DH!!! I'll keep you guys posted!!
December 17th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Regular
I read that somewhere and used it. Me and DH had a daughter so for baby #2 we wanted a boy, so we would BD right on my ovulation days. I got Pregnant with a boy, but I dont know if it's just what happened or if it was because we BD'd on the right days. I guess we will never know really because I'm pretty sure we are stopping since we have our little girl and little boy.

<div align="CENTER"></div>
December 17th, 2005, 12:22 PM
That is awesome then I am definately going to try it. How many days before did you BD in order to have a girl? Should I do it 4 days in advance or 2 days in advance?
December 19th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Regular
We didnt tryt his for our girl, I only found out about this method while we were trying for number 2. But they say for a girl to BD a day or two before or after you ovulate. So I would try 2 days before or after, or both. I have no idea if this really works, we just tried it for a boy and got a boy. I'm not sure if it was because we were just lucky or if it was because the day's we BD. Good Luck though!

<div align="CENTER"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search