Hi!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello,

I found this message board today and I am very thankful to find this. I can't believe that so many women are in the same boat as I am. My DH and I have been married for over two years now and in September he finally said that he was "ready". I can't tell you how elated I was!! I was to start a new pack of BC that weekend but of course I didn't. Little did I know that three months later I would still be trying. I have read that it could take 3 or 4 months for the BCP to be out of your system and I am beginning the believe that since my face is breaking out like a teenager's.
I have been charting my temps and found that this month I O later than the other months. I also had ovulation pains 5 days ago. If I am correct in saying those were O pains that I felt I should have AF around the 27th (I was hoping Christmas for a wonderful Christmas gift!).
Each month that goes by I get less obsessed about the whole thing. The first month it was all I could talk about.
In the last two months I have found out that three of my cousins are pregnant, friends are pregnant, a sister-in-law is pregnant and countless women at my job are currently pregnant. I have to say that is one of the most frustrating things is to hear who is pregnant now.
Well, before I write a book, I should end my intro. I am just very happy to hear that many of the women on this forum are cycling about the same time I am and I am not the only one obsessing about TTC!
I am hoping to chat with many of you. Good luck to all of you TTC.
December 18th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Veteran
You will love this group of girls! Everyone is so helpful and friendly! My story is similar to yours. DH and I have decided we are ready to start trying! I only have 6 days left on the pill and we are waiting to see what happens the next couple months before we seriously start TTC. I'm very excited and anxious!

How did your body react after being off the pills?? I'm mostly nervous about that. I'm gonna start charting but not too sure if its the real thing b/c I know my body could be acting weird due to not taking the pills.

Anyways, good luck and tons of to you!!!

Me 26
DH 29

Pregnant with #1 EDD: January 24, 2007
December 18th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
You will love this group of girls! Everyone is so helpful and friendly! My story is similar to yours. DH and I have decided we are ready to start trying! I only have 6 days left on the pill and we are waiting to see what happens the next couple months before we seriously start TTC. I'm very excited and anxious!

How did your body react after being off the pills?? I'm mostly nervous about that. I'm gonna start charting but not too sure if its the real thing b/c I know my body could be acting weird due to not taking the pills.

Anyways, good luck and tons of to you!!![/b]

December 18th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

Anyways, good luck and tons of to you!!![/b]
[/b]

Honestly, my body seemed to adjust fine without the pill. The only few signs I got was my face breaking out, my bad cramps back again and O pain this month. I had my "old" one pimple breakout start the first month off. I used to get a normal hormonal pimple right before I would start AF before I was on the pill. This month though I have had a terrible breakout. Something I used to experience when I was younger. I talked to a co-worker of mine who said that when she went off of BC the first few months she had terrible acne then it seemed to clear up and only restarted when she was pregnant.
I am sure you will be fine and hopefully you won't even know you went off from it except to find out you are pregnant.

December 18th, 2005, 06:41 PM
wantababy26's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello and welcome to JM! I love this place! It's so great to talk to others and hear thier stories. I hope you have a short and sweet stay! We are on our 3rd cycle TTC and I'm pretty sure we'll be movin on to #4 very soon. Good luck to you!!!

Jake December 13th, 2006 6lbs 15oz. Jake 2 years 33lbs!!!!! What a big boy!

December 18th, 2005, 07:28 PM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board, and yes...we're all thinking the same thing usually, so please always ask and vent as needed....lots of baby dust to you!

December 18th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome!!!! You will find that over time we all get extremely frustrated, but then you come on here and vent and you're still a lil frustrated, but it does become less obsessive over time....more frustrating but less obsessed with it.....anyway-we're happy you found us!!! !: )
December 18th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Madylyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Madylyn Send a message via Yahoo to Madylyn
Welcome! This is my first month off the pill as well and nothing bad yet! I've had acne problems for about 15 years now and it's finally been ok the last year or so, so if I get it again, I really don't know what I will do. I had HUGE weight gain on the pill and I just hated it. I hope I'm able to actually get it off now!!
Like everyone, of course, I keep thinking we will be able to get pregnant this month, so I'm hoping! Welcome and I hope your stay here is short and sweet!!

Check out my pics & my blog!
December 19th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Veteran
Welcome~ I also was on the pill for four years and went off it in June... I keep thinking it must be out of my system but who knows! Every month seems different to me! The acne returning defintely sucks! I'm right there with you!
Expecting #1: 10-5-06

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search