When did I "O"?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Veteran
As much as I always try to make things "short and sweet", I always end up writing a novel so
I'll just apologize in advance.. Sorry!

So I need your opinions on when you think I "O"'d...

This is my third month temping. I O'd the first month at CD 12, second at CD 10 and the month before temping I noticed EWCM around CD 11 so I figured it was safe to say my average was from CD 10-12. I got a positive OPK on CD 10 of this month... figured I would O on CD 11 or 12 but then my temps didn't gradually increase like normal. Finally today I had my third temp increase but I'm on CD 19! My original assumption was that I just O'd on CD 16 this month but then when I entered my temp in FF, it gave me an O date as CD 12. If I delete my positive OPK then it does give me an O date as CD 16 so what do you think is accurate? Right now I have left O as CD 12 but I'm not really sure I believe that...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/ef066
Expecting #1: 10-5-06

December 19th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm, it looks, temp wise like you O'd on cd16. Maybe what happened is your body tried to O but for some reason (stress or something) it got delayed. This is a stressful time of year so it's possible.... Plus your CM goes along with that day too...

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

December 19th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Veteran
That's what I keep thinking also.. although I'm hoping it was CD 12 because dh was gone from CD 12-16 so no bd occurred until late on CD 16!

Do you guys think FF has gotten my last two months O right?? I'm also starting to wonder if I really do O later than CD 10-12 because last month I didn't have any + OPKs until after FF said I O'd and then I got a ridiculous amount of +'s!

December 19th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Veteran
Well, I just deleted all my OPK results and EWCM notations from FF and my O dates changed on my charts. It made my LP go from 10 days to 16 days. With my extra signs I had a normal LP.. so now I am sooo confused! I think I'm ready to give up charting after this mess!

December 19th, 2005, 06:39 PM
wantababy26's Avatar Super Mommy
I hear ya! This last cycle was my first of charting and according to it I didn't ovulate at all! I was so confused but am gonna give it a try again this month.
As for your chart...it's possible you ovulated on the 12th but maybe like Momo said you tried to ovulate but didn't until later? Sometimes I have a hard time believing that the temps are right on mine cuz I feel like I am so accross the board. I would say if you got at positive on the OPK that would be a fairly reliable indication too though? Sorry this probably doesn't help much but I'm hoping you ovulated on the 12th and caught the eggie this time! Good luck!

Jake December 13th, 2006 6lbs 15oz. Jake 2 years 33lbs!!!!! What a big boy!

December 19th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
Did you continue to use opk's after you got your 1st + ? It looks like you O more around days 16-19. I found temping and using OPK's quite helpful. after several months of doing it ,it actually relieved some of the stress of TTC. I would use a minimum of 10 opk's per month. I started using them days 10-20 at first then when i found i O'd around CD 16-20. I wouldn't start using them till CD 14. and i would continue till I got a + and then about 5 more days after that just to be sure I cought the real "surge". Good luck to you.

December 19th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
I think CD16 since you had EWCM the day before. Good luck.

December 19th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I hear ya! This last cycle was my first of charting and according to it I didn't ovulate at all! I was so confused but am gonna give it a try again this month.
As for your chart...it's possible you ovulated on the 12th but maybe like Momo said you tried to ovulate but didn't until later? Sometimes I have a hard time believing that the temps are right on mine cuz I feel like I am so accross the board. I would say if you got at positive on the OPK that would be a fairly reliable indication too though? Sorry this probably doesn't help much but I'm hoping you ovulated on the 12th and caught the eggie this time! Good luck![/b]

Well.. I can't seem to get it right no matter what! Last month I continued to use OPK's even after my 1st + but ended up getting six + in a row (and I swear they were positive) but it was after FF said I O'd so I got fustaurated with them and just stopped using them.... except I got a little antsy wondering and did one Friday and Saturday (CD 9 and 10) but once I got my + I stopped so I wouldn't obsess! I guess next month I'll go back to using them a lot and see what happens... I think I'm going to order those ones online that you don't have to interpret.

Thanks for the opinions everyone! Keep them coming!

December 20th, 2005, 04:07 AM
sweetdreamer1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi, i too think u must have o'd on cd 16.as for me i too really dont rely on the opks.it always give me -vs.but thats cus im a pcos i guess.still ur ewcm showed means u mus have o'd on the 16cd.sorry hunz to hear that ur dh was not in town for bding....but who knows if there was any super spermy waiting for ur eggie to arrive there...

My BFP Chart
pregnancy/baby blog pw. 0000

December 20th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Well, I just deleted all my OPK results and EWCM notations from FF and my O dates changed on my charts. It made my LP go from 10 days to 16 days. With my extra signs I had a normal LP.. so now I am sooo confused! I think I'm ready to give up charting after this mess![/b]
Hi Jessica,
it looks to me like you are deffo still part of our xmas club Lol.
As for me... i just dont know. It is looking doubtful.
I hpt again 2 days ago and this morning and nothing but a BFN
Im not entirely giving up yet but it looks unlikely now if am honest.
I still hold onto a glimmer of hope till AF shows her face though so all's not
lost yet!
I just pray its too early for me and the tests arent picking up the hcg
but i know in my heart it would be show by now right?
Good luck Jessica and if you dont post in next few days i will mail u
xx
December 20th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Veteran
Ladybird: I still have hope for you! When is AF due again? As for me, I'm trying to just stop worrying about what happened and when it happened because it's no use thinking too much about it. I'm going to try to just relax this month and not even think if I am PG or not.... yeah right, probably won't happen!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search