What was your favorite childrens book?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2008, 08:18 PM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi all...I thought it would be a great idea to hear what everyone's favorite children's book was. I might even print this out after and start to stalk up. I really want to have lots of books for my children!

So please share...what was your favorite children's book? Or what is your favorite children's book now??

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

August 28th, 2008, 08:32 PM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
I was a big fan of Winnie the Pooh when I was younger! There was also another booked called Duckling's First Easter (i think thats the title) and it was another fave
August 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Regular
The best book ever:
Oh, The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss

I read this book to all my students every year on the last day of school.
Jan. 29, 2010: clomid + IUI = BFN
*Moving on to IUI with donor sperm next!!!

August 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM
JustBreathe
My fave was "The Polar Express" by Chris Van Alsburgh BEFORE the re-make re-release. I got it for Christmas of 92. It's still my fave. DH and I read it every Christmas Eve {although he has since bought me the re-release so I have 2 copies.. We're keeping the old one for our DCs because my grandma got it for me}.

DH's favorite book was "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein.
August 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh good question, Shanna! My favorite book was "The Real Mother Goose." It has a ton of poems and nursery rhymes that are great for children who are starting to read.

Hollie
August 28th, 2008, 09:55 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was always a huge fan of "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr Suess as well... It's probably still one of my favorites! LOL. Any Dr Suess Book was usually a hit with me.

Those and "The Very Hungry Catterpillar" by Eric Carle (I loved all his books actually) were the ones I had to read over and over

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

August 28th, 2008, 10:49 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

August 29th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Tiny.Terror's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Tiny.Terror
Anything by Beatrix Potter or Milne... But I did love The Golden Egg book... so so sosooo adorable.
August 29th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Make.A.Wish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby's Christmas by Little Golden Books and, And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street by Dr. Seuss. I had those books memorized!

August 29th, 2008, 05:17 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
As a real little kid I remembered there was one book I really liked, I don't know the name but it was about a mouse going out and smelling different things. There were scratch and smell things on it. I still remember what everything smells like even though the smell is practically gone now.

I loved "Where the sidewalk ends" by Silverstein too as an older child as well as "The BFG" by Ronald Dahl

August 29th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Brandiwine77's Avatar Waiting on God's Time
Send a message via AIM to Brandiwine77
When I was really young, I loved "The Poky Little Puppy". When I got a little older, I was obsessed w/the Beverly Cleary books, especially Ramona.

I have an excellent collection of books going for our future children. I guess it helps I'm a teacher. I started it when I was still in college, and was ordering through Scholastic book clubs, and continued to do so.

August 29th, 2008, 08:54 AM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
Quote:
As a real little kid I remembered there was one book I really liked, I don't know the name but it was about a mouse going out and smelling different things. There were scratch and smell things on it. I still remember what everything smells like even though the smell is practically gone now.[/b]
Oh, I remember this book too! I still have a copy somewhere at my mother's! Another favorite!
August 29th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Super Mommy
The Pokey Little Puppy

Anything by Dr. Suess

And as I got older, anything about Laura Ingals Wilder
August 29th, 2008, 10:28 AM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
Hollief - I remember that book.. I had The Real Mother Goose growing up and I loved it.

That and Golden books, Cinderella.

I am still a huge fan of anything Disney Cinderella!

But for my future kid along with the books above I have a prestine set of the Harry Potter books and Eragon series for him or her.

and DH and I talked just last night about getting some of the Golden books if we get pregnant.

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
August 29th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
My favorite book when I was younger was "Bread and Jam for Francis." I read it to my second graders now.

My current favorite children's book is "A Bad Case of Stripes." I love it! It has such great pictures! We do a few days worth of activities with it in my classroom.
August 29th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends
August 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Veteran
When I was little I loved a book called "The Corgiville Fair" http://www.amazon.com/Corgiville-Fair-Tash...r/dp/0316853127 - the illustrations are just amazing.

<a href="http://preg.fertilityfriend.com/pages/217ca0" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember I had a bunch when I was a kid. Here are a couple of my all time faves. I know I'm forgetting some though! lol

Alligator Pie - This book is full of imagination! Its a bunch of short poems. It was fun to read with my parents.

Jelly Belly - Which is another book with fun easy to read poems

Corduroy - This is an adorable story of a bear in a department store that no body will buy because he has a missing button. Then a little girl falls in love with him, saves her money and buys him. She takes him home and sews on a brand new better than before button. Its really cute!

Where the Wild Things Are - for anyone who hasn't read this book...its brilliant! It's so creative...like a dream!

Mortimer - This is just a really fun Robert Munsch book. I actually love all of his books, but my mom used to read me this book in a very animated way...it's cute!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

August 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Cooty-Doo! It's one of many in a topsy-turvy set by Stephen Cosgrove. They all have really great morals to the stories and I've just begun the process of trying to collect them all.
I also really loved Ramona and Hank the cowdog when I was a little older.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search