Anyone on the Gulf Coast evacuating?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Please stay safe!!! All of the hotels in my town are filling up fast, and we are getting evacuees already.

August 30th, 2008, 07:55 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes- stay safe ladies!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

August 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Stay safe. I hope he blows back out to sea!
August 30th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Stay safe. I hope he blows back out to sea![/b]

Unfortunately, I don't think there is much of a chance for that. It has already strengthened to a Cat 3. Let's just pray pray pray it doesn't get to a 5. Coastal LA and TX still haven't recovered from Katrina and Rita. I have family members that lost their homes in Rita, and they were never able to go back there.

August 30th, 2008, 08:36 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please stay safe. This is a scary one...I've been watching updates on CNN. Please try to keep us posted on your area, and on your safety. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

August 30th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am a member of another forum www.rat-terrier.com and one of our members is evacuating to our area and couldn't find a hotel that would accept dogs, so she was going to have to leave her two ratties behind. She forgot that I lived in Tyler, and that is where their hotel is. So I pm'd her and guess what??? I am getting two more ratties for 3 or so days!! YAY...I am so glad it all worked out. I can't imagine them having to leave their babies behind. I certainly wouldn't...NO matter what!

August 30th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please ladies stay safe! Ash that is awesomely nice of you!
August 30th, 2008, 09:32 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am a member of another forum www.rat-terrier.com and one of our members is evacuating to our area and couldn't find a hotel that would accept dogs, so she was going to have to leave her two ratties behind. She forgot that I lived in Tyler, and that is where their hotel is. So I pm'd her and guess what??? I am getting two more ratties for 3 or so days!! YAY...I am so glad it all worked out. I can't imagine them having to leave their babies behind. I certainly wouldn't...NO matter what![/b]
Ash that is amazing! I'm too much of an animal lover too! If it meant I had to live out of my car, I would never leave my babies behind! You're amazing for helping them out that way.

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

August 30th, 2008, 10:01 AM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Stay safe ladies

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

August 30th, 2008, 10:36 AM
MusicalJulia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies, please stay safe!! (((hugs to you all)) these storms are so scary, especially after the last.. I'm sure.

And on a sidenote- i CANNOT believe that hotels wouldn't allow an exception to allow animals to come in.. that's bunk!! I don't care if they're not typically allowed. It breaks my heart to know that some animals will need to be left behind because hotel owners won't allow it.. sheesh! I'm so glad you're taking them in Ashley!!!!!!

<div align='left'>----
Angel #1- August '08 (10 weeks)
Angel #2- October '08 (6 weeks)
TTC on hold..

</div>

</div>
August 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Make.A.Wish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I am a member of another forum www.rat-terrier.com and one of our members is evacuating to our area and couldn't find a hotel that would accept dogs, so she was going to have to leave her two ratties behind. She forgot that I lived in Tyler, and that is where their hotel is. So I pm'd her and guess what??? I am getting two more ratties for 3 or so days!! YAY...I am so glad it all worked out. I can't imagine them having to leave their babies behind. I certainly wouldn't...NO matter what![/b]
Ash that is amazing! I'm too much of an animal lover too! If it meant I had to live out of my car, I would never leave my babies behind! You're amazing for helping them out that way.
[/b]

Stay safe ladies!

And I'm with the both of you, there is NO WAY I'd ever be able to leave my fur babies behind, no way, no how... You're a Godsend Ash!

August 30th, 2008, 12:06 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Quote:
You just made me cry! I just told DH what you said and we tell you........... YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blessssssssssss you!!!!!
I would NEVER EVER EVER leave my furbabies behind NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!! This takes me back to Katrina... Oprah had a show about Katrina.... TONS of animals were left behind and one man would not evacuate cuz the bus wouldn't take his 14 yr old dog so the old man and dog stayed behind. Oprah's crew found him and brought him and the dog to safer place. and a vet in a vet hospital stayed behind to help the animals survive... Matthew McConaughey found him and the hospital and rescued them!
I hope Gustav doesn't ruin N.O. again.
My friend is in N.O. and I'm worried about her!
August 30th, 2008, 02:05 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh Ash! That is so wonderful. You are truely an awesome human being. I just got all teary reading this! You must have made her year.

Hollie
August 30th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Angel_Maker
That is so sweet of you to take those ratties in for a few days I'm with the other girls, I could NEVER leave my animals, no matter what!! These furry guys are my children and I wouldn't leave them to fend for themselves!!

Stay safe girls! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
August 30th, 2008, 04:57 PM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
Oh, Ash!

That is so sweet of you!

Please stay SAFE everyone! And make sure to update us when you can! I will be worried for all of you girls! *HUGS*
August 30th, 2008, 07:06 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome and so generous of you Ash!
Please stay safe everyone!!!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

August 30th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Veteran
Be safe you guys!!

August 30th, 2008, 08:46 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Oh gosh the mayor of New Orleans are DECLARING EVERYONE to evacuate by tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend is in N.O. and I can't get ahold of her.. she's online but not responding. I'm sure she's busy evacuating. Oh gosh I hope it's not Katrina 2. The news are saying it's gonna be C5???
Ironically Katrina hit New Orleans around Aug 29...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search