Hurricane Gustav

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2008, 07:24 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Sitting here with laptop on my lap watching MSNBC breaking news showing special coverage on Hurricane Gustav. Seeing the little kids sad in Cuba who are homeless thanks to Gustav... and THOUSANDS of people evaucating Louisiana...finding out my bestfriend/ex-roomie's family are evacuating to Little Rock and texting back n forth with my friend last night as she was evacuating Chalmette, LA in the middle of the night (she rescued a kitten who jumped on her bf as he got out of car!!! ) ... and texting everyone i know who live there but no answer.. makes me worried and hope they are alright! it breaks my heart and

Seeing the news saying Gustav could become massive Category 5 hurricane today is killing me. All I am doing is sitting here and not helping down there.
We have to be thankful what we have today. Freaking over IPS and being anxious about my bfp seems irrelevant and not important. kwim?
I can't believe Gustav could be a "storm of the century" beating Katrina.
I can't help but cry for the people in Louisiana.. they don't need another hurricane like this.
Oh gosh I just saw Alabama gov had a press conference and an interpreter is by him signing to the national tv.... PRAISE THE LORD FOR IMPROVING COMMUNICATION FOR THE DEAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I learned something new... the eye of Katrina was the size of Indiana.
August 31st, 2008, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for posting the update on Gustav Aaron. I can't believe he's supposed to become a category 5. You're absolutely right - it does make you put things into perspective.

I hope that everyone is able to get to safety.
August 31st, 2008, 10:08 AM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh gosh I just saw Alabama gov had a press conference and an interpreter is by him signing to the national tv.... PRAISE THE LORD FOR IMPROVING COMMUNICATION FOR THE DEAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Thank God! I pray that everyone who needs to evacuate does! They need to do what the state is requesting them to do!
August 31st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was seeing this yesterday and just could not believe this could be worse that Katrina, I hope everyone that has to evacuate has a chance.
August 31st, 2008, 11:39 AM
Brandiwine77's Avatar Waiting on God's Time
Send a message via AIM to Brandiwine77
I live in AL, about a mile from Interstate 59 & you wouldn't believe the amount of traffic coming in from LA, and MS! When we went to church this am, we could barely get on the interstate, and 99% of the tags were from LA/MS. I'm in a suburb of Tuscaloosa, which is a decent size town, & we have lots and lots of hotels because of the Univ. of AL, but all of them, even the roach motels, are full!! There are signs on the interstate saying no lodging available! DH's family lives in Mobile, and from I-10 down, they are under mandatory evacuations. Which means his family is only 15 miles from the evac. zone. So we may be getting visitors. I know they say its going to go more towards TX, but I have a bad feeling that it isn't, and its going to go on same track as Katrina. And if that happens, its going to be bad even where I live. DH is a volunteer firefighter, and have been put on alert. (Mostly because of wrecks on interstate)

I saw sooo many people this morning w/cars crammed with as much belongings as possible, and with their animals, that my heart went out to them. My DH talked to a guy who went through Katrina, and lost his Mom and 2 BFF during it. He said that if takes his house this time, he isn't going back. His story almost made DH cry. And to think that there are a lot more people with similiar stories. I hope that they all do the right thing and listen and know when to get out, and that they are safe.

August 31st, 2008, 05:28 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How scary.... I hope and pray for everyone directly affected by this and also those indirectly affected comes out as unscathed as possible! Thank you for the update Aaron. I haven't been near a TV or radio at all today!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

September 1st, 2008, 09:42 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is HORRIBLE! I have checking in with CNN every so often since yesterday for updates. My heart breaks for what these people are going through both physically, but also their emotional state. Its all just horrible.

You're right, it puts everything into perspective. I was upset that our foundation has a crack in it (hence why I have been missing in action the past couple of days and will be for most of the afternoon.) But then you see what these people are going through and their entire houses with all of their belongings are ruined. It makes my foundation problem seem so trivial!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

September 1st, 2008, 09:59 AM
I've been watching the Gustav news ALLLL morning. Just breaks my heart. But luckily this hurricane is not as bad as Katrina/Rita.
There's another Tropical storm named Hanna... I hope it doesn't hit Florida again!!!
September 1st, 2008, 11:58 AM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been watching CNN all morning! They say it isn't as bad, but if it stalls like they think it might that can be real bad! Hope everyone is staying safe!
September 1st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Quote:
I've been watching CNN all morning! They say it isn't as bad, but if it stalls like they think it might that can be real bad! Hope everyone is staying safe![/b]
If it does stall, it's gonna be right on top of us here in NE Texas. It is supposed to start raining tonight at midnight with 30 mile per hour winds to follow. We have a 100% chance of rain tomorrow...

September 1st, 2008, 03:09 PM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I've been watching CNN all morning! They say it isn't as bad, but if it stalls like they think it might that can be real bad! Hope everyone is staying safe![/b]
If it does stall, it's gonna be right on top of us here in NE Texas. It is supposed to start raining tonight at midnight with 30 mile per hour winds to follow. We have a 100% chance of rain tomorrow...
[/b]

Stay safe Ashley, and keep us updated. I hope it dies down even more before it comes by your area.

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

September 1st, 2008, 06:31 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I'll be thinking of you, Ashley. I hope it will blow through quickly!

Hollie
September 1st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Thanks girls, I am sure we will come out on the other side just fine. Fortunately, we do not live in a flood zone...

September 1st, 2008, 07:35 PM
What? There's another tropical storm named Ike.............double trouble!!! Oh noooooo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search