I Quit!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
So today I thought it was my day off after 4 days of hard work and I got a call that I work today and I need to come in. I was really upset and my darling SO actually called and talked to her and so we went up there and he was with me and we talked to the manager who told me this (which is the one I also hate).

She basically said "because its a holiday you work today since your scheduled for it, because its a holiday work day it won't be on the regular schedule (***?), and you can ask for a day off." So I then asked when is the next day and she says its next tuesday. Well my freaking 2 week notice ends on friday!

I was crying and really upset and my bf was cursing and she told him to stop. So I just grabbed my keys, turned them into the other manager, and said "Here's my keys, I quit. I loved working with you all." and walked out.

On my way out they were saying bye to me and my boyfriend said "BYE! BYE! BYE you dyk* b***h"

I did not expect that to come out of my SO's mouth (even though i'm not homophobic I seriously thought she was a lesbian). Part of me feels relieved, but part of me is really nervous because I need to have a job.

anyways, just had to share lol.

September 1st, 2008, 04:03 PM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow...its sounds like you had a horribly dramatic day! I'm so sorry it turned out to be so negative. I haven't been around as much as I would have liked to lately, so I don't know if you already have a job lined up. If not, I hope you can find something fun and something that motivates you soon!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

September 1st, 2008, 04:40 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that lady is so crazy and expects you to work straight through two weeks! At least now you won't have to put up with that. If I can remember you had a job lined up?? KUP hun!
September 1st, 2008, 04:44 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
that job that would have been lined up will be gone now. Because I quit the hospital i'm not eligible for that one since its still apart of the hospital. I'm going to call the head of the dept tomorrow and explain what happened and see what I can do to make it not such a horrible situation. As well i'm going job hunting tomorrow.

She acted like she really did not know this was my last week, but I remember that the day I got a call from the business dept I asked her whether or not I needed to keep in my 2 week notice and she said to leave it in. ERRG. Lol. Just wish me luck on finding a new job. I'm so stressed about this because i'm worried I wont find a job.

September 1st, 2008, 04:53 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, I'm sorry!! Just try to think of it this way, you won't have to work for that woman again and hopefully an even better job is right around the corner for you. Lots of

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

September 1st, 2008, 08:34 PM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
Sorry your day was tough sweetie, but you did what you had to do. *HUGS*

Everything happens for a reason, girl. This job is no different- there are BIGGER and BETTER things right around the corner!
September 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Lauren. Good luck finding a job!!!
September 1st, 2008, 10:39 PM
Brennaluet's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds like a frustrating situation, but at least your SO is there to support you. I am sure you will find an even better job soon!

September 2nd, 2008, 06:40 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry it worked out the way it did... Keep us updated on what happens!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search