just-ugh

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2008, 10:07 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Well.. sometimes I hate the Navy..

I told ya'll about how my DH got cross rated and would need to go to school in Florida for a little while. Well he got his orders today..

and..

they are unaccompanied orders.. Which means that I don't go with him.. turns out the school is only 10-12 weeks long and they have to be at least 14 weeks to get accompanied/PCS orders. He leaves November 17th.

So my husband is going to Pensacola Florida for 3 months and I'll be here in Virginia by myself. So that means TTC will get put on hold as will all the tests and everything we are going through at the moment. I'm completely heartbroken. We were sure that school would be long enough that I would come, but I guess not. Not only will he be gone for 3 months, but he'll miss Christmas, his birthday, New Years and Valentines Day.

I'm a military wife, I'm used to being alone, dealing with deployments and underways and all that. But God this one is hitting me hard. I don't want to put TTC on hold. I just got my first appointment with the RE, Jeff is starting the process with the urologist, now that has to stop until we're at our next duty station. I know we're not going to get pregnant before then, Jeff's d*mn near sterile I really don't want to stay here by myself, I hate the new neighbors, yeah we have 3 guns and 2 dogs so I should feel safe but ugh, its not the same. I don't want him to be gone for Christmas and everything else. He's never been gone for anything major, he's always made it home.. I'm not even gonna get to see him on his birthday

ugh.. sometimes... being a military wife... sucks .

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

September 12th, 2008, 10:58 PM
LisaD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry April!

September 13th, 2008, 01:18 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im sorry april i am not a military wife, but one of my very good friends is and i know how hard it is on her when her dh is gone - but they are actively trying NOT to have another baby so they don't go through what you're going through. my t&p are with you..i cant imagine how you must be feeling <hugs>

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 13th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash

September 13th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear that sweetie. I know what you are going through though. My uncle was sent to Korea on an unaccompanied for a year...two weeks after adopting his first child. I saw, first hand, the hardship it placed on them. You just have to be strong to get through it. I know you are!
September 13th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Caalypso's Avatar Veteran
So sorry sweetie

September 13th, 2008, 07:35 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
i'm sorry April.

September 13th, 2008, 07:59 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh hunny...I can't even imagine. My heart is breaking for you right now, because I know how much you were looking forward to moving, and I know how badly you and DH have been trying to concieve. I'm here for you night or day hun...just PM me if you need to chat/vent.

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

September 13th, 2008, 08:08 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, April.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 13th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Make.A.Wish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't even imagine what you are going through right now, I'm so sorry April.

September 13th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I am so sorry! I wish there was more I could say/do for you

September 13th, 2008, 08:52 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so so sorry April.. I wish I could say or do something that would help make it even a teeny bit better.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

September 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry April. I can't imagine not seeing Jason for 3 months at a time.

September 13th, 2008, 10:42 AM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
I am so sorry, April. That really stinks. I hope that the time passes quickly for you two... *HUGGLES*

Maybe you will get your little miracle before he leaves... I so hope for you.
September 13th, 2008, 10:43 AM
thanks girls. It means a lot to get support. I know we'll be fine, it's not like we have never been apart for awhile before.. It's just the crappy timing thats getting me down. I just have to remember that he'll be gone for 3 months and when he gets back we'll be moving and he'll be on permanent shore duty for the rest of his career.

September 13th, 2008, 12:03 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww April, I'm so sorry! I know I don't have any idea what it's like to be a military wife (an my hat is off to those of you who are- you amaze me!) I wish I knew what to say or do to make you feel better, but just know that we're all here for you no matter what! If you need anything, please know I'm only a PM away! Lots of

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

September 13th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
April I'm so sorry that this is happening. I hate the military sometimes too! I think once he gets there maybe you'll be able to come visit him a lot. Is he staying in dorms or hotel on base? They give him time off for Christmas don't they? I hope things work out. I think I would be there every chance I got. How far is the drive?
September 13th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah he should get a little while off for Christmas stand down.. We're thinking of flying him up here for that time if we can. He more than likely will be staying in the barracks while down there. It's about a 14.5 hour drive down to Pensacola, so not something I can do often, esp with our 2 dogs.

September 13th, 2008, 04:25 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, April! I'm so sorry!! My heart just broke for you. That really stinks. I know it's not the same, but we'll definitely be here for you during that time.

Hollie
September 15th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Awww...I am so sorry April. Hopefully before he goes you can work with the RE and have a plan for right when he gets back!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search