Am I losing my mind?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2008, 05:58 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
So, I hate my body as it seems to do nothing right.

Let's start with background info:

When I was pg with Gwen, I spotted every month around the time AF would be due. I never got a positive HPT, though I was very obviously pg! My family has a STRONG history of BOTH of these symptoms. (My gram, mom, and I think even my aunt.)

Well, last month everyone (including myself) was positive I was pg. Well, my temp dipped and I "started." However, the bleeding was VERY light (to the point it's probably best described as spotting--maybe a pad a DAY). I'm still have pg symptoms (i.e. my mood swing the other night, nausea, lightedness, headache, hot flashes, cravings).

I didn't chart with Gwen so I don't know if my temp dipped while spotting during pg with her. I'm so confused! Is it possible to be pg with my temps the way they are? (I know my boss said her temp never rose when she was pg, but I don't know if it dropped or anything.)

What do you think?

ETA: I had cramping 7DPO (possibly from a ruptured cyst). I've set my charts to overlay so you can see both.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 14th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Chesky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why don't you try doing a blood test?..... Right now im on cycle day 31 and I've never had a cycle so long (my average is 26) and all the HPT's are negative, so to be 100% sure my DH is gonna do a blood test for me tonight (thank God he is a Medical Technologist so we don't need a doctors order and we don't have to pay for it). So if you do a blood test you can clear the doubt. Good Luck!

September 14th, 2008, 10:02 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's definitely not impossible, and the only way to tell would be a test... Good luck to you!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

September 14th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Get some BW just to be sure. Good Luck!
September 14th, 2008, 03:51 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other girls too... the only way to be completely sure is to get a blood test! Good luck!!!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

September 14th, 2008, 05:59 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Thanks ladies. I was just wondering if you all thought I was crazy. Most of the temps "this" cycle are above last month's coverline, but they are still fairly low....That's what's throwing me.

I just peed on a FRER and it's a bfn (of course!) I was expecting that. I guess I should find a dr. Any ideas on how to convince to give me the blood test with the current situation? (By the way I don't have health insurance so we'd have to pay for the test out of pocket.)

OH! And I forgot to mention my stomach is hardening! (And, no, I haven't been working out at all!)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 14th, 2008, 06:52 PM
LisaD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say I'm sorry and I hope you find a Dr. that will do the blood test for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search