Dr. appt tomorrow

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2008, 06:15 AM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a dr. appt for a regular check up tomorrow afternoon - pap and all that fun stuff. (She knows we're TTC) And, of course, I just got a HIGH reading this morning on my CBEFM. I knew this would happen. So what do you think? Do I give my Dr. the courtesy of not BDing the night before my appt? Last cycle I had 4 days on HIGH before I O'd, but the time before that was only one day (although it was my first month of using the CBEFM, so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it being only one day). I'm torn. I feel weird about BDing and going in for my appt., but I would hate to mess this cycle up, too, if I O soon. Advice?

Hollie
September 15th, 2008, 06:20 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't remember what the "rule" is, but I'm sure someone here will... I think when you're having a pap you shouldn't BD for x amount of hours before it, but I don't know the concrete answer...

I'd personally probably hold out a day, but I totally know what you mean about missing BD opportunity. I'm sure someone else here will have better answer, but I wanted to say "good morning"!
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- 7/13/15 @ 34 weeks 6 days

September 15th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Quote:
I can't remember what the "rule" is, but I'm sure someone here will... I think when you're having a pap you shouldn't BD for x amount of hours before it, but I don't know the concrete answer...

I'd personally probably hold out a day, but I totally know what you mean about missing BD opportunity. I'm sure someone else here will have better answer, but I wanted to say "good morning"! [/b]

Good morning to you, too, Jackie!! Yeah, I'm strongly leaning toward not BDing tonight. We did yesterday and can make up for it tomorrow night, so I'm probably fine. I just feel overly paranoid because we really did not time things well last month, and I want to make sure we don't do the same this month.

Hollie
September 15th, 2008, 06:43 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we've only just started TTC, I honestly don't know the answer to this question. But, would you feel comfortable calling your doctor's office and asking them that question, especially if they know you guys are actively TTC, just to be on the safe side and not skip out on a BDing opportunity if you don't have to?

September 15th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I would change the appt to next week. I would be afraid the lube they use for the speculum would be bad for the spermies...I worry about that every time I get a follicle scan and then O two days later, I would really freak out if it was in there the day I O'd. Maybe I am just paranoid!
September 15th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd see if you can change the appointment too, although I know sometimes I can't reschedule a physical for months. But if no, I think you'll be okay, especially since you BD last night. But you just hate to miss that important day! Good luck!

September 15th, 2008, 07:23 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with April...I always worry about that too! I'm glad I'm not alone on that one! lol

I would try to move your appt. to next week, or 3 weeks, so that hopefully it will be for a pregnancy/blood test. But at least it won't interfere with anything. That is just my opinion, but I don't know how hard it is to schedule an appt. with your doctor.

Good luck!!

ps. I know that my doctor always tells me not to BD 24 hours before a pap. Last time I didn't listen, and he knew! I was so embarassed!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

September 15th, 2008, 08:24 AM
OMG you guys!! I didn't even think about the lube, etc!! Thank you so much for thinking of that!! I am definitely going to switch my appt. I don't think I'll be able to get in for a while, but I don't want to mess up my chances again. Thanks ladies!

Hollie
September 15th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I just wanted to say that I agree...you should try and switch the appt.

Oh and good luck!! I hope you catch that eggie!! Now get to BDing!! haha

September 15th, 2008, 12:00 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
I guess I'm the odd one.. I'd just abstain from sex for the night and go to the appt. As for the lube, I'd just take a shower and thoroughly clean "down there". I know that it can awhile to make another appointment and what if something was wrong?

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

September 15th, 2008, 01:31 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it were me, I would try to reschedule. I know my Dr asks that we refrain from BDing for 24 hours before a pap. I didn't think about the lube too. Hopefully you'll be able to switch it!!!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

September 15th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Wow - I ended up stressing more about this today than I thought I might! But good news! I called my Dr's office and they can get me in next Wednesday so I cancelled the appt for tomorrow. Whew! I am so relieved.... I was going to keep the appt if they couldn't get me in for a while and I just have a feeling I am going to O sooner than later. Now to BDing!!

Hollie
September 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck BDing!!!

September 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOO HOO!!
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever.

BABY BOY- 7/13/15 @ 34 weeks 6 days

September 15th, 2008, 02:53 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
yay
September 15th, 2008, 02:56 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Have fun BDing!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

September 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM
LisaD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! I'm glad you got it changed! Good luck BD'ing!

September 15th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Wow...that worked out great!

September 15th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
YAY! Now go get DH!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search