Desperate for a BFP

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Send a message via MSN to candissa83 Send a message via Yahoo to candissa83
This is my first post please bear with me as i am new to this. I have been married for the past 2 years and 2 months been TTC for 11 months and still not lucky i am 25 years and my husband 24. I was on BC pills for 5 years can that be a reason why i can't get pregnant? I went to see the doctor 5 months after i came off the pill because i was so depressed that i wasn't pregnant, she wouldn't give fertility pills and said that i must wait after a year i can't wait any longer so i m going tomorrow. Please help i am so desperate, i feel like i am losing my mind How long is too long TTC?

<a href="http://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkie-maker/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
Blinkie Maker</a>
September 16th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Typically it will be a year before a dr will do anything, especially for a young couple like you guys. I know it's frustrating though. I don't think the bcp has anything to do with it though. Do you know when you ovulate and are you making sure you BD around that time?

September 16th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry. It can be so frustrating. Do you know when/if you O? Do you chart your temps and use OPK's? I found this really helpful and your Dr will probably want to see this as well. I also use PreSeed, its a sperm friendly lubericant, unlike KY. I also started taking FertilAid, its a vitamin formulized to create a healthy environment for your egg. Good Luck and I hope you get answers soon.
September 16th, 2008, 04:44 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Welcome! I'm April (21) married to Jeff (22).. We're on Month 10 of TTC#1..

I agree with the other girls about charting, OPK's and fertility monitors, it'll highly increase your chances of getting pregnant if you BD around the right time. I'm sorry you're so frustrated but it can take a healthy normal couple up to and over a year to conceive. It's basically a numbers game.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

September 16th, 2008, 04:50 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it can be frustrating...I think if you're that concerned seeing your Dr is a good step, but remember that it takes a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant. I've been temping, using OPKs, charting my Cervical mucus, and this cycle we tried the new Pre-conceive sperm friendly lubricant. I think the most important thing my DH and I try to do is keep as stress free as possible. I hope your Dr can maybe give you some answers!!! Good luck!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

September 16th, 2008, 04:57 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it is definitley time to see your Dr. Like the other girls said, they usually won't do anything before a year, but you are close. Is your appointment tomorrow or are you calling tomorrow?

Hollie
September 16th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
have you used OPK's and temping anything to try and figure out when you are ovulating? I'm sorry to hear that you are so upset. I think each of us in here understands. Welcome to the forum

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

September 17th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I agree with the other girls. I think you should try charting for a few cycles to determine when or if you are ovulating and go from there. If you notice a problem you can take your charts to your Dr.
September 17th, 2008, 06:00 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And I wanted to say welcome!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

September 18th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Send a message via MSN to candissa83 Send a message via Yahoo to candissa83
Quote:
This is my first post please bear with me as i am new to this. I have been married for the past 2 years and 2 months been TTC for 11 months and still not lucky i am 25 years and my husband 24. I was on BC pills for 5 years can that be a reason why i can't get pregnant? I went to see the doctor 5 months after i came off the pill because i was so depressed that i wasn't pregnant, she wouldn't give fertility pills and said that i must wait after a year i can't wait any longer so i m going tomorrow. Please help i am so desperate, i feel like i am losing my mind How long is too long TTC?[/b]

I went to the doctor yesterday and she put me on clomid i can't wait for my next cycle to start and i am going to start charting as well what can i expect from the clomid? thanks girls!!!!!!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.free-blinkies.com/blinkie-maker/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
Blinkie Maker</a>
September 18th, 2008, 06:31 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I went to the doctor yesterday and she put me on clomid i can't wait for my next cycle to start and i am going to start charting as well what can i expect from the clomid? thanks girls!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
I'm glad your doctor is being proactive and hopefully this will help bring you a BFP!! I'm on my second cycle of Clomid (see the sticky for us girlies that groan and moan about the side effects or lack there of!). You can also check out the TTC w/ Medical Assistance forum, as those girls have provided great info as well of what to expect! Good luck!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

September 18th, 2008, 09:18 AM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad your Dr is being proactive! That's great! I hope this is all you need for that BFP! Good luck!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

September 20th, 2008, 07:46 PM
CA-mommy-to-be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!

I wish you tons of patience dust for your TTC journey!

Welcomed daughter Miranda on December 18, 2013

Never doubt someone's passion. I'm a women engineer and proud of it!

September 21st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good luck with the clomid!!! Hopefully this will help and you will get your BFP soon!!!

Welcome to the board!!

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

September 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Good luck with the Clomid. I hope your stay here is short and sweet. Keep us posted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search