What a poopy night!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I volunteered at the crisis nursery tonight and here's how my night went:

When I got there, there was 9 kids there and they were eating dinner. I say a little 6 month old who couldn't really eat her smushed green beans (these come back later in the story), so I fed her the smushed green beans. After that, I washed her up and bit and then tried to give her a bottle, but she wouldn't have it. She was really sleepy so I tried rocking her to sleep but she was too cranky. I gave her a pacifier and that seemed to help. She finally drifted off to sleep and so I proceeded to put her in her crib and the second that her body hit that mattress, she screamed. So I picked her up and rocked her back to sleep. I did this for like an hour. After that I decided to try and just let her cry herself to sleep. I let her do that for about 10 minutes and then I went back. I decided that she might need a diaper change.

WARNING....grossness ahead....

I should also tell you that since I started volunteering, I've only had to deal with wet diapers (not poopy ones).

So I opened up the diaper and WOW....bright green poo. So ok, I got it all cleaned up with wipes and threw the diaper away, set up the clean diaper to put on. I lifted up her legs to get the clean diaper underneath her and SQUIRT...out come more poo...EWWWWWWWWWWW. I got her all cleaned up again and rocked her to sleep for another hour and finally I put her in her crib for the night. I was talking to the social workers and they agreed that the baby was probably used to sleeping with her mom all night.

So anyway.....that's not the part of having a baby that I'm looking forward to...YUCKO!!!

October 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
aww i would take it anyday, bring on the poops as long as they come with a baby

October 8th, 2008, 09:09 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I dislike that poo part. I used to work at a deaf preschool and boy did I see many green poo.... gag but hey part of life
October 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
aww i would take it anyday, bring on the poops as long as they come with a baby[/b]

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

October 8th, 2008, 09:13 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
baby poo can be so gross sometimes! But I have to say to what doodah said.

October 9th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Tiny.Terror's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Tiny.Terror
Since I'm a CNA at a nursing home.. I work with poop a lot... haha... hopefully I'll be ok with changing little peoples' diapers instead of big peoples'.. i've seen a lot of weird poop.

but poop is funny.
October 9th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Caalypso's Avatar Veteran
When my friends had there Daughter the 1st month she once pooped during a diaper change, and it like flew so far across the room, my friends DF measured it lol

Ahh what parenthood will do to you

October 9th, 2008, 10:00 AM
LittleLady19's Avatar Laci
Send a message via MSN to LittleLady19
omg thats great!! I was babysitting our friends 10 month old one day and he had the runs well needless to say I just got done changing a partically gross diaper and i proceed to put a new one under his butt....but before I could even get the diaper all the under his butt he starts pooping again!!! all on the carpet and all oh man it was too funny i cried so hard that day!!

October 9th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well, I hope the next time you won't be wrist deep in poopy!

October 9th, 2008, 01:48 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm a nurse, and I'm used to changing old people diapers. And those smell SOOOO bad. I bet baby poop will be no sweat after that.

October 9th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ha,ha...that's funny. I worked at a daycare when I was 18 and I worked with 6 -12 months. There was one lady who would only bring baby food in potatos and prunes. The boy never wanted the potatoes cause they were sooo bland....so I'd have to trick him to get him to open his mouth...I'd pretend he was going to get a drink and sneak the spoon in his mouth instead.

Well, I got tired of all the horrible diapers cause of the prunes, so I use to only feed him prunes for lunch on Fridays, cause then they'd have to deal with the diapers.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search