How long have you been TTC #1?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
I know this question gets asked pretty frequently but we are on to cycle #6 and i'm starting to feel like its going to be a while... UGH! How long have you been trying and what (other than BD'ing) do you do to help your efforts??

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
December 21st, 2008, 05:21 PM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is going to be our first month. I have been doing the temp thing for about a week (since my cylce was way out of wack I was trying to figure out what it was doing)....

December 21st, 2008, 05:24 PM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
cycle #2, so early, but since i'm already 29, hoping we get a BFP fast!
December 21st, 2008, 05:25 PM
ღ Tammy ღ's Avatar Veteran
my DH and I have been TTC #1 for 2.5yrs. At first we just BD everyday to everyother day...nothing! then I started buying OPKs and temping well since my cycles are so long and I never know when Im going to start the OPKs were a was of money out of all I bought i never got a positive. I stopped buying them and then eventually quit temping, I started temping again a few days ago so I can get use to it again for next cycle.

December 21st, 2008, 05:30 PM
LittleLady19's Avatar Laci
Send a message via MSN to LittleLady19
me and DH have been TTC#1 for 23-24 months! We started TTC in Jan 07' in Aug 07' I received a depo shot (then DF & I were broke up for a month) so techicnally its less then 24 months but its easier to just say TTC for 24 months ugh!!! We start testing and MA in Feb I CANT WAIT!!!! Especially since I haven't O'd the last two cycles oh and we've been charting since Sept. plus BD'ing every other day when we can! Which DH is off on holiday vacation until Jan 12th! So he'll be home the whole week I should be O'ing!! So I'm praying I O this month!!

December 21st, 2008, 05:48 PM
LivingAsSara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been trying for 3 cycles . . . I'm charting/temping

December 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are going onto cycle #5 ..... I just started temping this month because I used a ferility microscope and it told me I was fertile during a different time last month than from when I had ewcm, so I'm temping just to confirm that my fertile time is when I think it is - I have very regular cycles also.

In the beginning months, after I went of BCP, I used OPK's when I had ewcm and they were always positive, so I'm pretty sure I can read my body signs relatively well. I tend to lean towards something being wrong with me, but I'm sure I'm just over analyzing everything.

</div>
December 21st, 2008, 06:00 PM
ASH_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're on our third month of TTC. I chart my CM and we try to DTD whenever I have EWCM. I'm going to start drinking Fertilitea next cycle if this time around didn't work.

Good luck to you - I hope 6 will be your lucky number!

December 21st, 2008, 06:13 PM
Chesky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are on cycle #7, and at first I didn't do or use anything, we just BD every other day. But then as the months passed by I decided to start charting, then using OPK's, then take fertility vitamins. So this cycle I'll be using the OPK's, Pre-Seed, and pills that are called FertileCM which help having fertile cervical mucus.

December 21st, 2008, 06:21 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If I EVER have AF (already on day 26 and absolutely no indications that she is showing anytime soon - and my last cycle was 56 days!!), then this will be our third month trying...
Am already starting to get impatient (I'm 32, and TTC#1)...

Don't think I O'ed last month...think I have hypothyroidism, going to get that looked at next week...and am also going to contact a obgyn to confirm that I'm actually Oing...

Poor DH, he's already volunteered to get a SA...cause I really want this to happen pretty fast (we want 3 kids!!)
December 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
12 months now...

I've been temping for a long time now, tried OPKs, Preseed, and very well timed BDing. I had 3 unsuccessful cycles on Clomid. This cycle I am trying EPO (Evening Primrose Oil), and all the above.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 21st, 2008, 07:03 PM
ESMERALDAAZ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ESMERALDAAZ
Cycle #12 for us. I started using opk's this cycle.

Thank you claire1979 for my beautiful siggy!!

December 21st, 2008, 07:12 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Cycle 11/ Month 14 right now... I temp and we BD every other day during fertile times.. We're dealing with MFI though so the chances of us conceiving on our own are very slim.. currently we're doing Clomid (his and hers lol) w/ a trigger shot and IUI.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

December 21st, 2008, 07:48 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Almost 1 Year!
December 21st, 2008, 07:51 PM
Buttercups's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cycle #7, month #6 for us. We just BDed every other day for two cycles then I charted for two cycles. Looks like I'm ovulating like clockwork. Last cycle and this cycle I am just checking CM and not doing temps. Giving myself the gift of sanity for the holidays!

December 21st, 2008, 08:13 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've been trying for 18 months (19 cycles). I check my CM and temp, use opks, well timed BDing, we've been using the pre-conceive (sperm friendly lubricant) and lots of prayers and wishes!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

December 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
14 Months
December 21st, 2008, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This will be our first month! I have longer cycles so i'm still waiting for AF to come... (last one started 11/10) i'm finally having cramps today so i'm excited for it to be here (lol i dont think i have ever said that before!) Sucks that it'll be on Christmas but oh well what can ya do Right now we're just going to chart CM and maybe use OPK's and see how that goes for a while.

December 22nd, 2008, 03:25 AM
Sophia.'s Avatar Veteran
This our is second cycle - just having lots of lala when I ovulate.

December 22nd, 2008, 04:47 AM
adam*s_mami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have been activly trying for 11 cycles, but we really NPNT for a couple months before, so over a year, we have done everything, OPK, temping, CBEFM, pre-seed, robitussin, EPO......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search